Nuggets!

See Red

Well that's not saying much seeing how the Jazz were supposed to only win 9 games this year. They sure shocked the hell out of everybody, besides my team made it to the playoff for 20 straight seasons. No way in hell the Nuggets will ever do that! :D Also, ever streak ends. The Jazz will be back in soon.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

bs... Before the season began, I read atleast 3 articles saying this years Jazz would contend as one of the worst teams ever. lol. They sure proved everyone wrong. Kudos to them.

And I wouldn't count the Nuggets out in terms of being able to pull a long playoff streak...

Kiki Vandeweigh could very possibly be considered a genius in a few years. He built this Nuggets team way the right team and they're only gonna get ALOT better.

Nene has been regarded as the next Karl Malone and you know Carmelo will be even more of a star. The core of this teams just gonna get better and better and they're young as hell. And remember, Kobe narrowed Denver as one of the three cities in which he'd want to play. Utah blew that shot at him with the Karl Malone fake phone call thing they did according to him.

IUe6Hvh.png

Nene has been regarded as the next Karl Malone and you know Carmelo will be even more of a star.  The core of this teams just gonna get better and better and they're young as hell.

Nene (Hilario) is nowhere near where Karl Malone was at his age.

And remember, Kobe narrowed Denver as one of the three cities in which he'd want to play.  Utah blew that shot at him with the Karl Malone fake phone call thing they did according to him.

I highly doubt Kobe was really considering Utah anyways. Who are you kidding?

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I highly doubt Kobe was really considering Utah anyways. Who are you kidding?

Utah has money. Kobe had expressed Utah as an option because they have more money than any team in the league. And if Kobe went out of his way to say that Utah was no longer an option, he was at one point considering Utah. You don't think Kobe would like to be in a situation where he is THE star on a team of young players?

Nene (Hilario) is nowhere near where Karl Malone was at his age.

And his name is no longer Nene Hilario. It's JUST Nene. Maybyner Hilario was his birth name I believe. His nickname is Nene. Since Nene has always been known by his nickname as opposed to Hilario... he wanted 'nene' put on the back of his jersey. The only way he could do that was to change his name to JUST Nene.

Second... Nene isn't ASKED to do what Karl Malone did. Nene isn't asked to be one of Denvers 2 best players on a particular. The Nuggets obviously don't go out of their way to get him the ball and they don't give it to him as much as the Jazz did with Karl Malone.

Remember this little fact... For playes who went to the NBA without any college basketball experience... Nene had the best season EVER as a rookie. Better than T-Mac, Kobe, Garnett...

And yes... Nene is regarded as the next Karl Malone even though the situation he's in doesn't allow his stats to show it.

Also, Nene's FG% is higher :D . Obviously showing he doesn't take as many shots. Nene's also about 20% better from the free throw line than Malone was at this point.

IUe6Hvh.png

I love Jazz fan bitterness. It's priceless. Gotta be frustrating htough. Clinging to all those years of "Almosts" and now seeing their future is pretty pathetic. Gotta suck.

Mac, I think Minn will beat us pretty handily. Probably in 5, maybe 6. The thing is, we have a great young core PLUS $15 mil in cap room this summer as well. It was hard to recruit last summer because we sucked, and we still ended up with an almost all-star in Andre Miller and some solid role players. Now, players will be flocking to Denver.

Utah has money.  Kobe had expressed Utah as an option because they have more money than any team in the league.  And if Kobe went out of his way to say that Utah was no longer an option, he was at one point considering Utah.  You don't think Kobe would like to be in a situation where he is THE star on a team of young players?

You're still not convincing me. Kobe would take less $$$ to play in a bigger market any day. Utah is not his met dream.

And his name is no longer Nene Hilario.  It's JUST Nene.  Maybyner Hilario was his birth name I believe.  His nickname is Nene.

Yeah I know it's only "Nene" know but I figured since he's such a self indulged wiener, I would still refer to him as that!

he wanted 'nene' put on the back of his jersey.  The only way he could do that was to change his name to JUST Nene.

So why was Pete Maravich allowed to have just "Pistol" on the back of his jersey at times?

Second... Nene isn't ASKED to do what Karl Malone did.  Nene isn't asked to be one of Denvers 2 best players on a particular.  The Nuggets obviously don't go out of their way to get him the ball and they don't give it to him as much as the Jazz did with Karl Malone.

Well if you're going to compare Nene (Hilario) to Karl Malone then he better do as much as Malone did. It's not a matter of what's asked of players, it's that they exceed their expectations and take control of games. Malone could do that, Nene (Hilario) isn't one who's going to dominant a game time and time again.

And yes... Nene is regarded as the next Karl Malone even though the situation he's in doesn't allow his stats to show it.

So who regards him as the next "Karl Malone"? I've only heard this from you!

Retired Number's To Come

You're making yourself come across as a real idiot. You're missing the fact that players don't put up the same numbers in situations in which they're asked to do less! Why doesn't Nene take over games? Because he's in a situation where he doesn't have to. There's only so many shots to be taken and the Nuggets like to run the ball. Big men generally aren't gonna be out front on the break.

If you had read 90% of the scouting reports before that particular draft, alot of scouts had talked about him as being something like Karl Malone in his career because of his ability to shoot the ball.

Who else played for the Jazz in Malone's first few seasons that could 'dominate' games? Because the Nuggets have 3 guys who step up and deliver big games. Andre Miller, Voshon Lenard, and Carmelo Anthony. There's no room for a fourth player to step up.

And what makes you so sure Kobe would take less money to play in a bigger market? You don't think a Superstar would go to a team that would be built COMPLETELY around him with as much money as he could possibly make in the league? If you don't... you're not watching the same NBA.

Pistol Pete played in a different generation. No players would be allowed to put their nicknames on the back of their jerseys in todays game. You'd have to be stupid to think differently.

I love Jazz fan bitterness. It's priceless. Gotta be frustrating htough. Clinging to all those years of "Almosts" and now seeing their future is pretty pathetic. Gotta suck.

So, so true.

IUe6Hvh.png

In The End your sig pic made me realize something this is the first time that the Avs and Nuggets made the playoffs in the same season. I guess Pepsi Center will be buzzing.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Yeah. I get to go to the Game 5 of the Avalanche Series on Saturday... But I'd trade that any day for a chance to see a Nuggets home playoff game. The excitement has been very high in these parts. Especially with the Broncos off-season moves with very easily make them a Super Bowl contender. And I refuse to acknowledge the baseball team. I think they're called the Rockies or something :rolleyes: ... you don't hear much about them. :D

IUe6Hvh.png

You're making yourself come across as a real idiot.  You're missing the fact that players don't put up the same numbers in situations in which they're asked to do less!  Why doesn't Nene take over games?  Because he's in a situation where he doesn't have to.  There's only so many shots to be taken and the Nuggets like to run the ball.  Big men generally aren't gonna be out front on the break.

You're right, I must be missing some facts! I just don't see how you can logistically compare to players together if one was a real scoring and rebounding machine in his early years and the other doesn't score as much because he just doesn't have to. It's not a matter of "who has to" and "who doesn't have to". It's a matter of what players are "doing" and "did". Let me refer back to one of your quotes, here's what you said before.

Nene has been regarded as the next Karl Malone and you know Carmelo will be even more of a star.

Keep in mind that you said "Nene has been regarded as the next Karl Malone". But now you're saying this.......

alot of scouts had talked about him as being something like Karl Malone in his career

No all of a sudden it's SOMETHING like Karl Malone. Well hell, if you're going to say Nene (Hilario) is the NEXT "Karl Malone" then just keep your story straight. It doesn't matter who said this and who said that, it's a matter of whether a player can actually perform like the one your comparing him too. Don't get me wrong Nene (Hilario) is a good player but he doesn't even belong in the same paragraph as Karl Malone let along a sentence.

And what makes you so sure Kobe would take less money to play in a bigger market?  You don't think a Superstar would go to a team that would be built COMPLETELY around him with as much money as he could possibly make in the league?  If you don't... you're not watching the same NBA.

Because if anyone heard what you're claiming before that whole "Bear" incident they would have just laughed in your face. Everyone knows Utah didn't have a chance at landing a "Kobe Bryant". He's not just gonna leave Los Angeles for "Mormonville". Like I said, who are you kidding?

Pistol Pete played in a different generation.  No players would be allowed to put their nicknames on the back of their jerseys in todays game.  You'd have to be stupid to think differently.

Oh, so now I'm "stupid" for bringing up a perfectly legit comparison? You still haven't pursuedaded me to believe why players could do it back then and not now. You said "No players would be allowed to put their nicknames on the back of their jerseys in todays game.", that just doesn't cut it. Why in the hell not? If Ichiro can put his first name on the back of his jersey in baseball then why in the hell can't a "no namer" like Nene (Hilario) do it in the NBA?

Retired Number's To Come

Nene has been regarded as the next Karl Malone and you know Carmelo will be even more of a star.

Keep in mind that you said "Nene has been regarded as the next Karl Malone". But now you're saying this.......

alot of scouts had talked about him as being something like Karl Malone in his career

No all of a sudden it's SOMETHING like Karl Malone. Well hell, if you're going to say Nene (Hilario) is the NEXT "Karl Malone" then just keep your story straight.

1. InTheEnd88 did not say Nene is the NEXT Malone. He said that OTHER PEOPLE regarded him that way.

2. Regarding him as being like Malone and saying he could be the next Malone is pretty much the same thing.

It doesn't matter who said this and who said that, it's a matter of whether a player can actually perform like the one your comparing him too.

If this doesn't matter, why did you rip InTheEnd88 about it?

And what makes you so sure Kobe would take less money to play in a bigger market? You don't think a Superstar would go to a team that would be built COMPLETELY around him with as much money as he could possibly make in the league? If you don't... you're not watching the same NBA.

Because if anyone heard what you're claiming before that whole "Bear" incident they would have just laughed in your face. Everyone knows Utah didn't have a chance at landing a "Kobe Bryant". He's not just gonna leave Los Angeles for "Mormonville". Like I said, who are you kidding?

I think Utah ruined their chances when they made two really tasteless jokes about Karl Malone and Kobe Bryant at the same time. Kobe did not personally take offence to his joke, but lost all respect for them when they dissed Malone and he therefore would not consider playing there.

Pistol Pete played in a different generation. No players would be allowed to put their nicknames on the back of their jerseys in todays game. You'd have to be stupid to think differently.

Oh, so now I'm "stupid" for bringing up a perfectly legit comparison? You still haven't pursuedaded me to believe why players could do it back then and not now. You said "No players would be allowed to put their nicknames on the back of their jerseys in todays game.", that just doesn't cut it. Why in the hell not? If Ichiro can put his first name on the back of his jersey in baseball then why in the hell can't a "no namer" like Nene (Hilario) do it in the NBA?

Because Ichiro Suzuki is Japanese, and in Japanese, your last name is written first. His last name is really Ichiro.

I'm not quite sure if that applies to the Matsuis though.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Last time I checked, baseball isn't the NBA. David Stern wouldn't allow a player to put his nickname on the back of his jersey. Also, I believe Ichiro is his REAL last name... just as Yao Ming's real last name is Yao, thus' the reason he has "yao" on the back of his jersey. Also, don't be stupid. I'm not just blurting this out of my ass... the reasoning I gave was according to an article on Nene in Slam Magazine and on Nene's official website over the offseason after he did it in which he said the NBA would not allow him to do it otherwise.

Secondly, Kobe didn't just say Utah was no longer an option just to upset Jazz fans. At what point, did I say that he was GOING to go to Utah? I just said the Jazz blew any chance at him. Don't put words in my mouth which you have. This is from an article...

This week, Kobe Bryant said he wouldn't consider playing for the Jazz.

The Lakers All-Star said he was upset with the way the Jazz treated Karl Malone, both last summer, and during a skit this January. Said Bryant, "If you're looking at an organization, you've got to take that into consideration. . . . I'm going to sit down this summer and consider everything, but no, I wouldn't (consider Utah). Not now."

Take note of the word "now". See, here's how that works in that situation. Saying he is no longer considering Utah NOW means that he, at one point considered Utah. See how that works?

ESPN

There's an article about it. If there was NO possibility of it happening, i don't think they'd care to report it.

I don't remember having ever said "Well, Kobe was a lock for Utah but they blew it!". I guess the reasoning behind that would be that I didn't say that. You just like to start arguments like a moron about things that I never said and twist my words into looking like I said Kobe Bryant and Utah would be a perfect match together. Also, shortly after his talking about opting out of his contracts, Kobe said that Utah was one of the teams he narrowed it down to.

What are you talking about, anyways? The comparisons of Karl Malone and Nene Hilario are practically the same, just with different wording... you're just not reading into them at all. When comparing a young player and his style of play to a current NBA player, you generally don't pick the best player ever at his position if the young player doesn't have some semblance of potential to become that good.

On Nene Hilario being compared to Malone at a young age:

"He seems young and has talent. He can come talk to me in 18 years."

Funny, I don't think malone would be asked that question of the comparison of Malone and Nene didn't exist. Wow. Those media people and their stupid and totally wrong questions because obviously Nene's numbers aren't as good. What a stupid argument by you.

Let's see... was there EVER a point in time in which the Jazz didn't rely on Karl Malone?

Was there EVER a point in time in which Utah, while Karl Malone was on thier roster had a 19 year old phenom who was asked to carry the load from DAY ONE?

Was there EVER a point in time with Karl Malone in which the Jazz's system was based around running the floor?

no. no. no.

How can you expect Nene to be a top scorer when while the team is about to break, Nene's downlow getting rebounds? Unless Karl Malone was one fast young player... he doesn't produce any better than Nene in this system. The reason Nene takes less shots! But nene also has a better shooting percentage than the young Malone, and shoots better free throws. Quite simply, if Nene was ASKED to take as many shots as Karl Malone EVER has in his career... Nene's production would be equal to Malone's.

IUe6Hvh.png

Because Ichiro Suzuki is Japanese, and in Japanese, your last name is written first. His last name is really Ichiro.

The way I'd heard it, Suzuki is actually his familial name. (So, he'd actually be Suzuki Ichiro.) It's quite common in Japan, so in the Japanese leagues, he wore "Ichiro" on his jersey. Seeing how he'd made such a name for himself there, he asked for the same thing when he started with the Mariners, and they allowed it.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Thank you, Roger! I feel like my last post was just adding to everything you just said! Lol. I dunno who else the first name (Japanese) thing applies to other than Yao Ming.

Japanese is the same thing as us in terms of names.... Chinese has it the other way around (example... Yao Ming) Ichiro had to get special permission to use that on his jersey... he had Ichiro on his jersey in Japan, I believe because Suzuki is such a common last name in Japan he wanted to stand out.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Ahhh... ok, thanks for clarifying that, Mockba and Chris. My point to bs is that it's understandable that a league would make an exception for that. Nene wanting his nickname on the back of a jersey is a wee bit different than a guy wanting one of his birth names in which it is allowed in his former country to do so.

IUe6Hvh.png

Blah Blah Blah Blah, when it's all said and done I totally thought you were saying Nene (Hilario) WAS going to be the next "Karl Malone". I just don't have time to argue about stupid things like this. All I'm saying is that the Jazz had a great run, it's too bad it's ended but just because the Nuggets made it to the playoffs this year and Utah didn't doesn't mean the Nuggets will be this great dynasty that'll great Utah's ass for many many years to come. Once again Blah blah blah. Who gives a flying F!

Retired Number's To Come

Apparently you do. Otherwise you would have just walked away.

Good one buddy! :notworthy:

Retired Number's To Come

Archived