ECHL Redesign

chickenfish13

It's an improvement. I definitely want to reiterate CJayZ's thought on the typeface. It would really help bring this together. (I know I've used that typeface before, but I can't locate it right now and can't remember what it's called. If you are struggling to mimic it or come up with something of your own, try abstractfonts.com or dafont.com for lots of free stuff.)

Also, you should really take a look at how you're using the colors. In the logo, the blue is so bright because it's used only in thin strokes--never in big, bulky shapes--and it's always segregated from the white and silver by black. Both of these treatments make that blue really shine in the logo. On your striping, you've got big sections of blue that sit right against silver, which dulls both colors. Why not try thinner blue striping, separated from a somewhat larger white/silver striping?

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the best way i've found to tell if you're doing the stipes right is to print out the front and put it facing down on a light table and then trace over the stripes- this will help you get the back to look better. These are some great jerseys and my only other problem is the fact that the logo shows four claws but the jerseys only have three claw marks on the sides. fix that and these are a good upgrade.

Heres an update... it's probably the closest I'll get to ever making a custom font :P It's pretty rough but I'm fairly happy with it. I'm using a new nameplate text as well, and if it doesn't work i'll go back to a more original one. I switched the colors aaround, and dgnmrwrw thats probably not what you meant so I'd be happy to hear some more info on colors. Thanks for viewing, and the help so far:

alaskaacespreview2.png

I think the numbers, while a bit crazy, are actually pretty neat for a minor league team and fit the overall concept light years better than the generic stuff you were using earlier. If you keep tweaking them so that they aren't quite so distorted and skewed, you'd have something really nice.

For the stripes, what I really meant was to use the colors in the same hierarchy and relative positions as they are represented in the logo. Look at the basic representation below.

stripes.png

The top image is your current configuration (more or less, and without the curve), while the bottom image is just one example of what I'm talking about. As in the logo, I've put most of the emphasis on white, which abuts some silver, all of which is separated from the thin blue stripe by black. I think this makes both the blue and the white/silver brighter and less muddy than when you just have blue sitting right up against a big chunk of silver. It's just one possible configuration, but I think it would match both the logo and the numbers if you pushed the stripes in this general direction.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

That 8 looks excellent for a first try, maybe make it on a horizontal plane though. Otherwise, solid work here.

I agree with CJay. Having the 8 on a slant...when the stripe below it is curved...it looks a little forced. However, I must say that I'm impressed WITH the custom number. Nice job. The number without the slant will look deadly.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

Yikes. I do not like this update. The numbers on a slant, as C Jay Z said, does not mesh well with the striping pattern. Either make the number's edges look a little more organic or change it completely. As for the font, I'm not digging it.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I updated the original with the final (?) jerseys. I'm leaving an alternate out for now, as I have no ideas, and I don't want to force anything, and have it turn out bad.

Thanks to Elliott for the awesome template as well... I hope to have Bakersfield up sometimes this weekend.

OK, I'm completely stuck on the Condors jerseys. I originally had some horizontal striping, but am trying to do something a bit more creative.

So, I thought I'd look for some feedback on the logos.

bakersfieldcondorsprimary.png

The primary is an update of their current condor. I pretty much cleaned it up, made it a bit more dynamic, and tried to make it better.

The secondary is kind of a thought right now. I was fooling around with the wing, and after a while turned the Wing into a "B" I really don't know if it works, you'll have to let me know.

Thanks guys.

Archived