Supermarket Packaging Changes

Coast2CoastAM2006

Australian brand maggi has changed the packaging for it's instant noodles range. Definitely an upgrade, although the taste definitely isn't! The old one is on the left.

5642880279_f97ffe1cde_m.jpg5642880443_80185d1e14_m.jpg

When I was in NZ and AUS I basically lived on Maggi. The chicken flavo(u)r was disgusting! It tasted nothing like the chicken flavor here in the US. But I enjoyed the "oriental" flavor, which tasted much more like the chicken flavor over here.

While I was in Hawaii a couple of months ago, I tried nissan brand chicken flavoured noodles. They were great!

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed that Lean Cuisine has changed their packaging. The logo now uses a lowercase font, similar to countless other changes we've seen over the past few years. I was unable to grab a picture of it but a few stores I've been to have the old and new mixed together so it should be pretty obvious.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 3 weeks later...
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Not my photo, but I saw these same Cheetos in CVS the other day:

cheetos.JPG

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

• 1 month later...

That might more be a testament of the current retro fad in graphic design. Also, in fairness, the Special K logo looks especially modern for its time. Rice Krispies and Smacks look a bit less current.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• 2 weeks later...

There used to be a low-rent store brand called "No Frills" that looked almost exactly like that. Plain white packaging set in Helvetica type, with red and blue underlines.

I think it was carried in the mid/late 80s by the stores owned by Pathmark & Purity Supreme.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

There used to be a low-rent store brand called "No Frills" that looked almost exactly like that. Plain white packaging set in Helvetica type, with red and blue underlines.

I think it was carried in the mid/late 80s by the stores owned by Pathmark & Purity Supreme.

485594969_f2e4a1b9c1.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

Not quite. The brand I'm talking about it even referenced on wiki as a sub-store brand from Pathmark.

Pathmark_store_brands.JPG

No Frills is the name of a grocery store in :flagcanada: ! thats why he posted it as a joke.

In the last game against Detroit, the time from ten minutes left to one minute left was probably the longest nine minutes of my life. But from one to zero was probably the greatest time I've ever had. I didn't want the clock to run out. It was such a great feeling: people crying in the stands, people jumping up and down, people cheering. Guys couldn't even sit up on the bench. It was probably the best minute of my life.

Ah, the "I'm kidding" - the universal internet excuse for saying something that others perceived as dumb.

I swear I saw a new box for Life cereal the other day, but I can't seem to find a picture of it anywhere on the internet. I remember that the font was changed to all lower case in a more "modern" sans-serif font, and some of the colors were rearranged from how they used to be. Despite following the increasingly popular lower case trend, I actually rather liked it, it was still very recognizable as a box of Life.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Archived