Supermarket Packaging Changes

Coast2CoastAM2006

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Squirt has a new labeland logo. Can't find a pic online, but my 20oz bottle has it.

I saw that when I bought it over Thanksgiving. not only did they change the logo, I think they changed the formula too as it tasted more like tonic water than ever before.

• 4 weeks later...

Well in the store today, I saw some "new" retro packaging! pepsi throwback and mountain dew throwback is back in 12 packs. Also!

Doritos, Fritos, and Rold Gold have retro packaging, for items that may have not been seen for a while (like doritos taco flavored chips)

retrofritolaybags.jpg

And, it seems like this may be just for shop rite's 40th Anniversary of their Can Can Sale (gotta love an anniversary of a sale!) Nestle Crunch in retro packaging.

retrocrunch.jpg

^ love the retro Doritos label. Brings back memories.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

Well in the store today, I saw some "new" retro packaging! pepsi throwback and mountain dew throwback is back in 12 packs. Also!

Doritos, Fritos, and Rold Gold have retro packaging, for items that may have not been seen for a while (like doritos taco flavored chips)

And, it seems like this may be just for shop rite's 40th Anniversary of their Can Can Sale (gotta love an anniversary of a sale!) Nestle Crunch in retro packaging.

Apparently Progresso soup also has retro packaging coming, though I haven't seen it in store just yet, also for the 40th Anniversary Can Can Sale. Oh, I'm going to enjoy hearing that song every five minutes.

LvZYtbZ.png

^ love the retro Doritos label. Brings back memories.

It looks like a photo of the chips inside. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the old Doritos bag was actually clear plastic, and you could see your chips.

Also, remember "Cooler Ranch" and "Nacho Cheesier"? Fun times.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Either that, or they don't want you to realize how much of the bag is actually filled with air. And even if the "window" is low enough on the bag, I still feel like the "picture" makes the bag look more full than it is. I also think that people will eat more if there is no window, since it would be harder to see/track how much they've eaten, at least visually.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh (new on left)

IMG_0264.jpg

The old one was SO MUCH BETTER!

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

You said "POP". :lol:

What, was I supposed to say "SODA"? Now that's weird.

http://popvssoda.com:2998/countystats/total-county.html

total-county.gif

I know this is old, but I'm calling bull :censored: on the Indianapolis-area data. I've never heard anyone use "Coke" and "soda/pop" interchangeably. I use soda myself, but I'd say that soda and pop are probably about equal around here. But, it's definitely not "Coke".

6fQjS3M.png

SoCo (new on left)

IMG_0203.jpg

Taking the Southern and Comfort out of Southern Comfort...Fail! Looks like they want the UV and Absolut crowd now. If they went this far why didn't they "EPIC FAIL" and just go to a complete SoCo rebrand?

packchampionslfroh.png

You said "POP". :lol:

What, was I supposed to say "SODA"? Now that's weird.

http://popvssoda.com...tal-county.html

total-county.gif

I know this is old, but I'm calling bull :censored: on the Indianapolis-area data. I've never heard anyone use "Coke" and "soda/pop" interchangeably. I use soda myself, but I'd say that soda and pop are probably about equal around here. But, it's definitely not "Coke".

I can't help but think you're only referring to people you know. I hear it all the time?whether I'm in Indy, Louisville, or somewhere inbetween.

Sigs are for sissies.

Archived