Supermarket Packaging Changes

Coast2CoastAM2006

You said "POP". :lol:

What, was I supposed to say "SODA"? Now that's weird.

http://popvssoda.com...tal-county.html

total-county.gif

I know this is old, but I'm calling bull :censored: on the Indianapolis-area data. I've never heard anyone use "Coke" and "soda/pop" interchangeably. I use soda myself, but I'd say that soda and pop are probably about equal around here. But, it's definitely not "Coke".

I can't help but think you're only referring to people you know. I hear it all the time?whether I'm in Indy, Louisville, or somewhere inbetween.

But when they say Coke, do they really mean "soda in general"? I'm not from that part of the country, but I believe sizemorematters on this one. Why would someone say "I'm going to the store to buy some Coke" if they were buying Sprite? I'm not saying that people don't say Coke at all, but do they really use it interchangeably with soda? I don't get why anyone would do that, without wanting to cause confusion.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

total-county.gif

I know this is old, but I'm calling bull :censored: on the Indianapolis-area data. I've never heard anyone use "Coke" and "soda/pop" interchangeably. I use soda myself, but I'd say that soda and pop are probably about equal around here. But, it's definitely not "Coke".

I can't help but think you're only referring to people you know. I hear it all the time?whether I'm in Indy, Louisville, or somewhere inbetween.

But when they say Coke, do they really mean "soda in general"? I'm not from that part of the country, but I believe sizemorematters on this one. Why would someone say "I'm going to the store to buy some Coke" if they were buying Sprite? I'm not saying that people don't say Coke at all, but do they really use it interchangeably with soda? I don't get why anyone would do that, without wanting to cause confusion.

Seems like people in the south like to use Coke as a catch-all term.

total-county.gif

Seems like people in the south like to use Coke as a catch-all term.

I noticed that too, but I still don't see how a system like that works without causing confusion. How can you use a specific brand-name to refer generally to all kinds of soda, many of which aren't even made by that brand? I feel like that would be like using the term "Big Mac" to refer to all fast-food burgers from all restaurants.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

It was confusing (spent a year in the south in high school). I think it's just a case of Coke both being the prototypical soft drink and it being headquartered in the south. I guess it's something that if you grow up with it it makes sense. I donno.

Like...

"I'll have a Coke."

"Ok. Which kind?"

"Sprite."

Sounded weird and still sounds weird. I guess it sounds right if you're from there though.

• 2 weeks later...

I was in the store the other day, and noticed that we here in Canada still have the straw/orange Tropicana cartons.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fiber One has a new logo/packaging now, heres a pic of the bars.

Old on left, new on right

fiberonebars.jpg

Also, Kellogg's for the past few months has been changing their logo on their boxes of cereal, used to be to at the top left with the white line, now for most of them its at the top center, no white line. Of course this means they are changing some of the cereal boxes looks and here's 2 of em!

Crispix, old on left new on right

crispix.jpg

Cracklin' Oat Bran, old on left and new on right

cracklinoatbran.jpg

I like that both have bowls of cereal depcted rather than a enlarged teaspoon of a few pieces of cereal (or in crispix's case just 2 huge pieces witha splash of milk)

But I would say the previous cracklin' oat bran looks better to me with the sunburst type lines.

• 2 weeks later...

http://popvssoda.com:2998/countystats/total-county.html

total-county.gif

Look, Ma! I can see my county from here!

The thing I always wonder when I see that map is about the green. If you don't call pop, coke, or soda, what do you call it?

Archived