2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs

NEW.ERA

Western Conference

#8 Colorado Avalanche

#4 Phoenix Coyotes

#3 Vancouver Canucks

#2 Chicago Blackhawks

Phew! Just making sure I'm not the only one who sees San Jose's annual postseason nosedive coming a mile away.

San Jose will beat Colorado. Avalanche pretty much blow. Sharks will lose in the second round.

And the Sharks don't blow in the postseason? C'mon now.

They do but the Sharks won't lose to Colorado.

Italy.png

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

weird.png

Weird time for a middle of the week game. (All Times Eastern) so that means Game 4 starts at 4:30pm in Phoenix.

Actually, that would be 3:30 PM!

Phoenix isn't in the Pacific Time Zone is it?

Arizona doesn't participate in daylight savings time...

Okay that makes sense but that's even worse then 4:30.

This wouldn't be a problem if the Red Wings were in the Eastern Conference where they belong....

weird.png

Weird time for a middle of the week game. (All Times Eastern) so that means Game 4 starts at 4:30pm in Phoenix.

This wouldn't be a problem if the Red Wings were in the Eastern Conference where they belong....

The problem is they are one of the 15 most western teams in the league.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

weird.png

Oh please, if anybody should be in the Eastern Conference, it'd be Columbus.

6fQjS3M.png

weird.png

True but I think Detroit has a deal with the NHL if they do decide to expand in the West, They would move to the East before anyone else.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Eastern Conference

Capitals over Canadiens - 4

Devils over Flyers - 5

Sabres over Bruins - 6

Penguins over Senators - 6

Capitals over Penguins - 7

Sabres over Devils - 6

Capitals over Sabres - 6

Western Conference

Avalanche over Sharks - 7

Blackhawks over Predators - 4

Canucks over Kings - 5

Red Wings over Coyotes - 7

Blackhawks over Avalanche - 5

Canucks over Red Wings - 7

Blackhawks over Canucks - 7

Stanley Cup Finals

Capitals - 4

Blackhawks - 3

For the five teams that have the best shot at either Mr. Hall or Mr. Seguin (I'm sure if the BJ's win they'll take Seguin) here are the odds at winning tonight's Lottery 8pm ET on Versus, TSN and NHL.com

And if your a fan of the team on the outside of the Top 5, I believe you can move up four spots. Either way 6-14 can't pick first overall.

1. Edmonton 25.0 (48.2% Selecting First)

2. Toronto (Boston) 18.8 (18.8% chance of selecting first)

3. Florida 14.2 (14.2% chance of selecting first)

4. Columbus 10.7 (10.7% chance of selecting first)

5. NY Islanders 8.1 (8.1% chance of selecting first)

-----------------------------------------------------

6. Tampa Bay 6.2

7. Carolina 4.7

8. Atlanta 3.6

9. Minnesota 2.7

10. NY Rangers 2.1

11. Dallas 1.5

12. Anaheim 1.1

13. Calgary (Phoenix) 0.8

14. St Louis 0.5

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

weird.png

Detroit and Columbus are almost exactly the same longitude. Take into account about 80 years or so of seniority and that gives Detroit the edge over Columbus.

weird.png

Detroit and Columbus are almost exactly the same longitude. Take into account about 80 years or so of seniority and that gives Detroit the edge over Columbus.

Yes, but if the Wings moved East it would leave the Blackhawks 1)without their biggest rival and 2)the only "Original 6" team in the West. So all things being equal, I would like to see Columbus make the move East instead of Detroit.

Red Wings fans bitch about the grueling travel of the Western Conference as if teams go from city to city by Conestoga wagon train, and yet they've still won four of a possible six Stanley Cups. Is the gripe that they could've won nine of a possible ten? I don't get this.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Red Wings fans bitch about the grueling travel of the Western Conference as if teams go from city to city by Conestoga wagon train, and yet they've still won four of a possible six Stanley Cups. Is the gripe that they could've won nine of a possible ten? I don't get this.

I bitch about the Western Conference because I want to see the Wings play Toronto and Montreal and Boston and the Rangers. Chicago, too, but not at the cost of the others.

While I don't doubt that the travel wears on the players, that's the wrong reason to switch conferences. Teams have private jets and stay in resorts on the road, a West Coast road trip for them isn't like a family vacation where everyone piles into the van and Dad refuses to make any rest stops. The players can deal.

Late night games suck for the fans but since when do we matter?

I'd like to see Chicago play the rest of the Original Six more often than when there's a solar eclipse, but I also get that you're not going to get a perfect west/east split in a league that has so many teams out east. Toronto was in the Western Conference and it somehow made geographic sense.

Toronto was in the Western Conference and it somehow made geographic sense.

I still want to know how the hell the Leafs got into the East so fast. They were supposed to stay in the Central Division until 2003, at which point they'd swap with the Blue Jackets (who were to enter the league in the Northeast Division for competitive balance).

I still want to know how the hell the Leafs got into the East so fast. They were supposed to stay in the Central Division until 2003, at which point they'd swap with the Blue Jackets (who were to enter the league in the Northeast Division for competitive balance).

I presume it is for similar reasons to the whole "why there is no team in Hamilton" thing.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I presume it is for similar reasons to the whole "why there is no team in Hamilton" thing.

To stick it to Balsillie?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I bitch about the Western Conference because I want to see the Wings play Toronto and Montreal and Boston and the Rangers. Chicago, too, but not at the cost of the others.

While I don't doubt that the travel wears on the players, that's the wrong reason to switch conferences. Teams have private jets and stay in resorts on the road, a West Coast road trip for them isn't like a family vacation where everyone piles into the van and Dad refuses to make any rest stops. The players can deal.

Late night games suck for the fans but since when do we matter?

This.

I'd like to see Chicago play the rest of the Original Six more often than when there's a solar eclipse, but I also get that you're not going to get a perfect west/east split in a league that has so many teams out east. Toronto was in the Western Conference and it somehow made geographic sense.

If the NHL pulled a Toronto-Columbus/Nashville trade. I wouldn't mind staying in the West... but let's get back on topic please, because this topic belongs in the pointless realignment thread.

To stick it to Balsillie?

No...before that. All the 1990s expansion teams had been awarded by the time the first BlackBerry hit the market.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I figured it was because MLSE holds the most sway.

Man, how is Reinsdorf gonna fit in the NHL? He won't immediately get to run the NHL the way he runs baseball, will he?

Archived