AFL Rebrands

9erssteve

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done! These are much improved from the originals. Might be a good idea to contact these clubs and pitch these as an improvement to their graphics. You do great work!!!!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

• 1 month later...

Okay here's what I hope will be the final tweaks to this set, unless someone has some really great suggestion that is, cos I've been looking at this off an on for over a month and a half now and need to move onto something new.

I've moved the guns down to the sleeves, which is where I'd intended on putting them to begin with, but when I saw the Battlewings uni I'd done it had the logos in the exact same place and I thought maybe I should try something different just to change it up a bit. But with a few hours away from it and in light of all the comments it's pretty clear that this wasn't the uni to be trying something different with, so numbers up on the shoulders it is. I've also opened up the 3 a little to aid legibility and on the logo sheet I've flipped the primary mark to solve the Texas flag issue as well.

As always C&C's welcomed and appreciated, in the meantime I think I'll start trying to tidy up the gradient-a-palooza that is the Milwaukee Iron logo next, so stayed tuned.

9erssteve

Vigilantes-logo-slick-three-2.png

Vigilantes-unis2.png

this is clearly superior to what they have now. its not even a question. Outstanding work sir.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

These two concepts are INCREDIBLE!!!!

Hopefully the AFL sees these and you are able to get your work used much like the designer whose Raiders concept became the new logo for the West Sydney Pirates of the Australian Gridiron League!!!!

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

• 11 months later...

Jeezo, has it really been a YEAR since I last hit this thread?!?! Well it's not dead folks and I'm back on it. A ton has changed in the AFL since I last added to this thread, but one thing that hasn't is how awful the Tulsa Talons logo is! So without further pontification (like I said it's been over a year!) I give you a sneak peak of the new Talons logo. The helmet is just a quick throw down, will probably look to do something more creative with the striping in keeping with the rest of the series so far.

Tulsa_rebrand_first_draft.png

As always C&C's welcomed. Thanks for viewing!

9ersteve

9ersstevesig.png

Yes! This is back! I loved this. And that logo you made on the helmet is great.

bjays.jpg

859b2e1d-225e-4e60-9651-2aebe5e67109_zps4fd9e69d.jpg

Active Teams

Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1-2, T-1st, East Div.)

Toronto Blue Jays (45-49, 5th in AL East Div. 8.5 GB of wildcard spot)

I'm glad to see the back!

The Talons logo looks nice design-wise, but I'm concerned that this type of logo isn't quite complemented by tge contour of this particular helmet. It seems moved and shrunk to fit in the "gap" without holes, so much that the main parts of the logo lose detail.

I'm sure you could probably shrink the wings some or make this a little less vertical-heavy. The logo itself looks brilliant, but the way you presented it on a helmet provides a weakness.

Nice work, looking forward to see what you do with this.

Jeezo, has it really been a YEAR since I last hit this thread?!?! Well it's not dead folks and I'm back on it. A ton has changed in the AFL since I last added to this thread, but one thing that hasn't is how awful the Tulsa Talons logo is! So without further pontification (like I said it's been over a year!) I give you a sneak peak of the new Talons logo. The helmet is just a quick throw down, will probably look to do something more creative with the striping in keeping with the rest of the series so far.

Tulsa_rebrand_first_draft.png

As always C&C's welcomed. Thanks for viewing!

9ersteve

Looks good, as usual. But to me, there's just something weird about only seeing one foot/talon of the bird. I know that it's a side view...I just don't know why it looks a little off to me.

Are you using a template for the helmet in this design or is it your own creation?

gYH2mW9.png

Looks good, as usual. But to me, there's just something weird about only seeing one foot/talon of the bird. I know that it's a side view...I just don't know why it looks a little off to me.

Are you using a template for the helmet in this design or is it your own creation?

Thanks for the compliment, I know what you mean about it seeming a little strange being completely side on but it was a concious decision. I wanted to do something that was a little different to the previous two, both 3/4 style logos, cos I dont want them all to look exactly the same. As I go on I'm gonna try a few different styles as well just so the whole league doesn't look like it was designed by one person and hopefully it'll keep the project fresh for me too. Nothing worse than just repeating yourself over and over. At a push I might explore adding another leg and wing to the background but keen to keep it as profile as possible.

Helmet template is my own creation, will do a 3/4 view as well at somepoint this week hopefully. I drew it up yesterday before putting the finishing touches on the first draft of the logo which I started the other week but had to put down in favour of a paying job.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

The Vigilates are gorgeous!! That helmet stripe is pure frickin' genius.

The one change I would make is either add some black to the uniform to blend better with the logo, as it is very black-heavy.

Either that, or change the black on the logo to a dark blue, and lay a thick, white stroke around it to make it stand out on your helmet.

What font are the numbers on the Battle Wings? Those look incredible!!

Founder and Commissioner, World Gridiron

The Vigilates are gorgeous!! That helmet stripe is pure frickin' genius.

The one change I would make is either add some black to the uniform to blend better with the logo, as it is very black-heavy.

Either that, or change the black on the logo to a dark blue, and lay a thick, white stroke around it to make it stand out on your helmet.

What font are the numbers on the Battle Wings? Those look incredible!!

Thanks man, coming back to it now, a year on I think folk are right the Vigilantes logo could probably do with a white line round it, so I'll get to that at some point.

I'll be honest it's been that long since I did the Battlewings one I cant actually remember what the font was called, but it was based on something I found over at Letterhead Fonts, but with a bit of tweaking to get it to work as football numbers.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

• 1 month later...

Archived