Yankee WS ring

slats7

Having the diamond around it makes the NY look weird.

Really? I find it clever.

I like it too, but I keep wavering between whether or not they should've added some contrast coloring to make the "NY" stand out more.

Considering all the promotion of this being the Yanks' 27th title when they won it, I'm surprised to find absolutely no obvious references to 27 on the ring whatsoever.

While I'm surprised that there's no reference to 27 I'm kind of glad. I feel like they over did the whole 27 thing and this is coming from a Yankee fan. The members of this team didn't win 27 Championships, they just won in 2009 so I'm glad to see they concentrated on just that accomplishment. There are plenty opportunities for the Yankees franchise to celebrate 27 championships but I feel like the world series rings are not one of them. That's just my 2 cents, I be interested in hearing non-Yankees fans opinion's on that.

Nice design but it's way too busy with all the diamonds on the NY, around the bezel, and on the baseball diamond. Ironically, it makes it look cheap to me. Not cheap as in inexpensive but cheap as in trailer court mentality.

It looks like it should be hanging around Kevin Federline's neck on some big tacky chain.

BB52Big.jpg

I got to attend opening day today, and the ring was created by Balfour and it also has the inaugural season logo engraved on the inside of the ring, as shown on the screen during the ceremony.

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

Considering all the promotion of this being the Yanks' 27th title when they won it, I'm surprised to find absolutely no obvious references to 27 on the ring whatsoever.

While I'm surprised that there's no reference to 27 I'm kind of glad. I feel like they over did the whole 27 thing and this is coming from a Yankee fan. The members of this team didn't win 27 Championships, they just won in 2009 so I'm glad to see they concentrated on just that accomplishment. There are plenty opportunities for the Yankees franchise to celebrate 27 championships but I feel like the world series rings are not one of them. That's just my 2 cents, I be interested in hearing non-Yankees fans opinion's on that.

I bet there are 27 diamonds on the top somewhere. Its hard to count, but maybe around the edge or in the logo?

I think the diamond in the background looks great. I'm glad that they didn't put big 27s all over it, which is what I was expecting. Could do without the "unity" and "tradition" though. Kind of cheapens it up IMO.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived