Yankee WS ring

slats7

The diamond behind the NY logo is totally unnecessary. They could have made it work if they made the NY blue stones, but in my opinion it should have been left out. The whole "Unity" thing is weak because all great teams are united in their pursuit for a championship...kind of goes without saying...but thats just me. Unity sounds more like something from one of Queen Latifah's songs or something. I'm sure they could have come up with something better. Why did they omit any reference to 27? Would have made more sense to link them to the history of the team.

I'd tend to agree, unless "Unity" has some special significance for the players.

We all know that "Tradition" is a buzzword in the Yankee offices. If there's some similar connection with "Unity", or was last year, then I'd consider it justified. If not, then it's just silly corporatespeak.

The diamond behind the NY logo is totally unnecessary. They could have made it work if they made the NY blue stones, but in my opinion it should have been left out. The whole "Unity" thing is weak because all great teams are united in their pursuit for a championship...kind of goes without saying...but thats just me. Unity sounds more like something from one of Queen Latifah's songs or something. I'm sure they could have come up with something better. Why did they omit any reference to 27? Would have made more sense to link them to the history of the team.

Rings are for the individual. A reference to #27 is a franchise thing, has nothing to do with guys like Sabathia, Rodriguez, Teixeira who won their first and only championship.

Rings are for the individual. A reference to #27 is a franchise thing, has nothing to do with guys like Sabathia, Rodriguez, Teixeira who won their first and only championship.

Agreed, but there is precedent. How many Super Bowl rings have multiple trophies depicting each one that the franchise has won? IIRC, the Penguins rings from last year have three cups on them, though none of those guys won either of the first two with the Pens.

I do agree that it's silly to put 27 on it because of the reason you said, but if they had, it wouldn't be anything against the norm.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived