2010 NHL Offseason chatter

HedleyLamarr

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I'd like to see the Canucks do it, I'd much rather they looked after the blue line. I'd also like to see a third line consisting of Grabner-Hodgson-Schroeder, and letting natural selection determining where they each finish the season.

I think Mason Raymond's gonna get offer sheeted as well. His production last year means at least a $2.5M contract on the open market, so it'll be interesting to see what happens with him.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

As much as I'd like to see the Canucks do it, I'd much rather they looked after the blue line. I'd also like to see a third line consisting of Grabner-Hodgson-Schroeder, and letting natural selection determining where they each finish the season.

I think Mason Raymond's gonna get offer sheeted as well. His production last year means at least a $2.5M contract on the open market, so it'll be interesting to see what happens with him.

I would like the Canucks to make a play for Kaberle. I think Raymond and a pick could easily be enough to get him. Kaberle is a top scoring d-man on the leafs! imagine him on the second highest scoring team last year. He has the skating ability and puck movement that the Canucks like from the back end and he's decently sized. After him I think the available d-men falls significantly so there probably is a lot of competition to deal for him.

Burke's history with the Canucks precludes any type of deal for Kaberle.

Volchenkov would be a nice fit, as would Jay McKee or Jordan Leopold. Bringing in either of those last two would do wonders in bolstering the playoff-savvy in the locker room.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Volchenkov would be a nice fit, as would Jay McKee or Jordan Leopold. Bringing in either of those last two would do wonders in bolstering the playoff-savvy in the locker room.

I would not like to see Leopold as a Canuck. Leopold is a career -17 player and whenever I see him play you can tell why, he jumps up into the play at the wrong times and tends to get caught; pretty unreliable defensively. If the Canucks could get Volchenkov I hope the contract would be less than $5 million a season because he doesn't quite put up the offensive numbers to be paid 5+, even though that's what Ohlund got with the Lightning last July.

The Canucks acquiring Ladd or even Versteeg is possible but a Price for Luongo, I don't see it happening ever. Pratt must be wearing his leather pants a little too tight.

iGLssSH.png

I would not like to see Leopold as a Canuck. Leopold is a career -17 player and whenever I see him play you can tell why, he jumps up into the play at the wrong times and tends to get caught; pretty unreliable defensively. If the Canucks could get Volchenkov I hope the contract would be less than $5 million a season because he doesn't quite put up the offensive numbers to be paid 5+, even though that's what Ohlund got with the Lightning last July.

The Canucks acquiring Ladd or even Versteeg is possible but a Price for Luongo, I don't see it happening ever. Pratt must be wearing his leather pants a little too tight.

Unfortunately, given the relatively weak crop of UFA D-men (assuming Hamhuis signs with Philly), I expect the canucks to get priced out of the market for the top end guys like Volchenkov. I'd like to see them resign Mitchell if they can get him on a 1-2 year affordable deal.

Dear, Pittsburgh Penguins:

Pleas try to get someone with some balls that will crash the net and create havok in the crease during powerplays and such and maybe even scores some of those valuable trashy goals.

Love, Fans who are sick of a team that only scores pretty goals and therefore get shut down and outscored by gritty hard working teams

oBIgzrL.png

Pleas try to get someone with some balls that will crash the net and create havok in the crease during powerplays and such and maybe even scores some of those valuable trashy goals.

Love, Fans who are sick of a team that only scores pretty goals and therefore get shut down and outscored by gritty hard working teams

You went to the Finals two years in a row, won one of them, got knocked out early this year, and you're bitching? Most teams' fans would kill for a track record like that.

To quote Infrared, "There's no pleasing people."

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Darryl Sutter was on the Fan 960 today and he said he won't be busy tomorrow and Saturday......

Yeah right!

We've learned here in Calgary to take everything Darryl says with a grain of salt. He can't honestly stand pat and not at least get into the 2nd Round.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Darryl Sutter was on the Fan 960 today and he said he won't be busy tomorrow and Saturday......

Yeah right!

We've learned here in Calgary to take everything Darryl says with a grain of salt. He can't honestly stand pat and not at least get into the 2nd Round.

You'd be surprised. There's a reason why he sounds like he took a few pucks to the temple in his time.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

You went to the Finals two years in a row, won one of them, got knocked out early this year, and you're bitching? Most teams' fans would kill for a track record like that.

As I've said before, Maz's posting habits in relation to the Penguins is the main reason why I now root against the Penguins. It's difficult to be arrogant and whiny, but he found a way to combine those two behaviors.

Seriously. You're entering year 2 of the 4 year rule.

I'd actually bump that up to 5 years for Pittsburghers because of the finals appearance the year before.

PvO6ZWJ.png

According to an interview with Sabres GM Darcy Regier yesterday: Darcy was on the same flight as Brian Burke while going from LV to LA and they got to talking about Kaberle. Darcy wouldn't give up any details (obviously), but the Sabres seem a legit contender to pick him up.

I like the idea, but the other side of the coin is Kaberle's contract. 1 year left on a $5 mil contract? I think the Sabs may have to give up someone(s) valuable for a guy that might not stick around. I don't know if I'm sold on this one.

I agree with you whole heartidly. If there's one thing that drives me nuts, are players who won't drive to the net and get the real goals. There's a reason Luc Robitaille scored so many garbage goals, because he knew where you go to get goals. There is nothing more frustrating as a knowledgeable fan than to watch a team put 50 plus shots on goal and 48 of them are from bad angles off the boards in which there is no chance at a rebound if there someone in front of the net or a power play where no one is in front of the net and the point men are firing away with the goalie just catching the puck. You know what you're talking about. Pretty goals are for losers who don't make the playoffs or go home in the first round. Gretty goals win you the Cup.

I agree with you whole heartidly. If there's one thing that drives me nuts, are players who won't drive to the net and get the real goals. There's a reason Luc Robitaille scored so many garbage goals, because he knew where you go to get goals. There is nothing more frustrating as a knowledgeable fan than to watch a team put 50 plus shots on goal and 48 of them are from bad angles off the boards in which there is no chance at a rebound if there someone in front of the net or a power play where no one is in front of the net and the point men are firing away with the goalie just catching the puck. You know what you're talking about. Pretty goals are for losers who don't make the playoffs or go home in the first round. Gretty goals win you the Cup.

This. It kills me when the Caps pour on that many shots but theyre all poor shots (ala Alex Semin) and they say we dominated the game. No, we may have dominated possession but not the entire game. It killed us against Montreal, although it didnt help when Halak skated into Knuble and Knuble got a goal called back. That killed me, we finally crash the net and the goals taken away.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

According to an interview with Sabres GM Darcy Regier yesterday: Darcy was on the same flight as Brian Burke while going from LV to LA and they got to talking about Kaberle. Darcy wouldn't give up any details (obviously), but the Sabres seem a legit contender to pick him up.

I like the idea, but the other side of the coin is Kaberle's contract. 1 year left on a $5 mil contract? I think the Sabs may have to give up someone(s) valuable for a guy that might not stick around. I don't know if I'm sold on this one.

I don't think Buffalo has much that Burke would be interested in.

Archived