2010 NHL Offseason chatter

HedleyLamarr

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And the Kovi Saga continues! My prediction, Kovi will now sign since LeBron has signed. I think he was just waiting to see when LeBron signed so that he could get his own pub! :hockeysmiley:

Pretty much gonna have to, huh. $3.5 million is way too much for a relatively unproven stay-at-home guy, as much as I may like his play. This ends up burning either team. We need a soft cap.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Ducks trade D Steve Eminger to the Rangers for LW Aaron Voros and LW prospect Ryan Hillier

I'm glad that the Ducks got rid of the dead weight of a defenseman that Eminger was, but now they are down another defenseman (which is what they've continually needed to sign this offseason). Voros will probably play opposite of George Parros on the 4th line, because that's what the Ducks were looking for as well. They had way too many RWs and had to misplace some on the other side. So more boom on the 4th line.

While I like the extra boom, the Ducks still need more defensemen.

I smell another trade coming for the Ducks for the blueline, because the remaining free agent market can't satisfy what the Ducks need. Either that, or the Ducks will give in to Wisniewski's arbitration money and let the rookies prove themselves with a trial by fire.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Hopefully the rumors are true.

But it looks like Ales Kotalik may sign in Russia, Which will take some pressure off the cap and it also looks like Daymond Langkow will be placed on Long-Term IR thus relieving more cap space.

If all this goes through wouldn't surprise me to see the Flames take a swing at Simon Gagne if the Flyers do indeed place him on Waivers.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Cool stuff, thanks for the link. I'll miss seeing the uniqueness of the Igloo, but it looks like Pittsburgh finally has a first-rate hockey rink now. I can already tell the sightlines will be much better than the Igloo's. They'd have to be.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

But it looks like Ales Kotalik may sign in Russia, Which will take some pressure off the cap and it also looks like Daymond Langkow will be placed on Long-Term IR thus relieving more cap space.

If all this goes through wouldn't surprise me to see the Flames take a swing at Simon Gagne if the Flyers do indeed place him on Waivers.

Are the Flames gonna let him out of his deal? He's still got 2 more years left.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Yeah they placed him on Waivers but no one claimed him so Darryl Sutter is most likely telling him it's Europe or the AHL.

It will be kinda like Kotalik is on loan until his contract is up.

Yeah they placed him on Waivers but no one claimed him so Darryl Sutter is most likely telling him it's Europe or the AHL.

Like how we did Michael Nylander...ok.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Like how we did Michael Nylander...ok.

Correct and what the Flames did with Marcus Nilson as well.

Move over, Brett Favre... you're no longer the only 40-year-old pro athlete trying to decide between retirement and playing in Minnesota next season. (Though in this case there are a couple of other teams involved too.)

The market for Mike Modano's services appears to be growing. The 40-year-old forward said Friday that the San Jose Sharks and Minnesota Wild have contacted him about the possibility of playing next season.

That comes days after he met in Detroit with Red Wings personnel.

CCSLC signature.png

Archived