Kelowna Rockets Logo Tweaking

Blitz

I like this a lot, significant upgrade.

One thing I'd like to see you try is improving his posture, it's better than before because you've hidden the arch of his back but he still looks very un-athletic.

One thing I'd like to see you try is improving his posture, it's better than before because you've hidden the arch of his back but he still looks very un-athletic.

The dragon really doesn't have to look athletic. His posture is like that to balance the logo, so that way it's not too heavy on the right side. I really like the tweaking. I always hated that logo, and I love your version.

30vja50.png

GIANTS_REDSOX_CELTICS_LIGHTNING_BULLS

This is nothing against what you have done. It is an upgrade, for sure. But why would a team called the Rockets use a dragon?

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

This is nothing against what you have done. It is an upgrade, for sure. But why would a team called the Rockets use a dragon?

Its not actually a dragon, but the mythic sea creature "Ogopogo" that is believed to live in Lake Okanagan, which is where Kelowna is situated.

The dragon really doesn't have to look athletic. His posture is like that to balance the logo, so that way it's not too heavy on the right side. I really like the tweaking. I always hated that logo, and I love your version.

Yes, as he is a sea monster rather than a human he doesn't necessarily have to appear as athletic but because he is portrayed in an anthropomorphic way, I feel that the "couch potato" look detracts.

It might just be me that is slightly irked by it, but even as is I absolutely agree - great version of the logo.

I grew up in the Okanagan, seen the Rockets, Blazers, Vipers and other teams around those parts play...that logo was always annoying, you actually made it better with the tweaks and I didn't think it could be done, with the Ogopogo.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

They were originally the Tacoma Rockets, before relocating to Kelowna. Why they kept the name and added ogopogo, I don't know.

Archived