NAPBL - North American Professional Basketball League

GeoTheo

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not add Winnipeg? I know we had the old Winnipeg Thunder from the WBL/NBL years and the Winnipeg Cyclones.. but does it has to be based on something other than favorite placement?

BTW cool logos ya did, man.. I like them all but a few logos remind me of some other teams and logos but I cant for my life seem to remember what other logos and etc that I am reminded of...hmm..

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Why not add Winnipeg? I know we had the old Winnipeg Thunder from the WBL/NBL years and the Winnipeg Cyclones.. but does it has to be based on something other than favorite placement?

BTW cool logos ya did, man.. I like them all but a few logos remind me of some other teams and logos but I cant for my life seem to remember what other logos and etc that I am reminded of...hmm..

Thanks for the comments. I wanted more cities outside of the U.S. , and I considered Winnipeg, but ultimately I wanted metro areas with populations greater than 1-million. If I ever finish this league I want to do a minor league which will have a team in Winnipeg. As far as the logos resembling others, I am not the most original guy so there are elements of some that are "borrowed" from various other logos; however I believe that changed them enough that i can call them mine. Some of the names are obviously not original.

I really like the unusual colour scheme you have for the Las Vegas Gamblers, everything about the Baltimore Blueclaws looks great, and I'm a big fan of the letter-mark part of the Fort Worth Wranglers logo.

That said, the circle around the Wrangler logo really only serves to shrink down the "FWW" and really downgrades the logo as a whole. I'm not necessarily saying to get rid of it, but I do think it needs to be much smaller in comparison to the "FWW", and not camouflage it so much.

Also, it looks like the Austin Outlaws and Louisville Colonels have the exact same 3 colours (navy, sky blue and yellow), which can probably be changed easily enough.

Only other things I think need to be commented on are that the St Louis Steamers logo really isn't in the same league as all the others, and that the Mountie in your Vancouver Mounties logo may be just a little too stoic-looking, if you catch my meaning. He seems more like a statue of a person than an actual person.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

like everyone is saying, some logos are outdated. and i thank you for that! i look at these boards all the time and everyone's personal leagues all have logos and uniform sets that look brand new. but it's so much better to have some that look old. makes the league appear more realistic. and i like what you're doing, keep it up

Untitled.png

Thanks for the comments. I wanted more cities outside of the U.S. , and I considered Winnipeg, but ultimately I wanted metro areas with populations greater than 1-million. If I ever finish this league I want to do a minor league which will have a team in Winnipeg. As far as the logos resembling others, I am not the most original guy so there are elements of some that are "borrowed" from various other logos; however I believe that changed them enough that i can call them mine. Some of the names are obviously not original.

Ahh understandable for sure... Still, it is cool.. and I do wish the Winnipeg Thunder was still around but oh well... as for the logos ya did, I know I saw one of them somewhere but will have to rack my mind to see where I saw a similar logo to that but hmm... do keep up the great work, man... creative way to do so ...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Curious how to create that interactive map for that one??I might be interested in doing a few if so.. is it easy to do or difficult to do so?

• 2 months later...

This project has been on hiatus for a few months, but I really want to get back into it. Since its been so long since I've posted I want to describe briefly what I'm doing. The North American Professional Basketball League is a project I've worked on periodically since about '94 and I am hoping that maybe I can finish it up and move on with my life. My goal with this fictitious league is to create a "rival" league mostly in cities where the NBA does not exist (my actual selection of markets of markets was long and detailed). Over the years this league has been; part art project, part geography project and part basketball project. I am also creating a pretty basic website to detail all of the info about my league, if its ever good enough to show I'll post the link. The Los Angeles Stars is up now, and the Nashville Troubadours will hopefully be up soon. I have also been working on some uniforms and alternate logos for existing teams that I plan on posting sometime in the future, but my primary goal is to finish more primary logos.

The Los Angeles Stars are my most recent "expansion" team. I know LA already has two NBA teams and that Stars is a generic name for LA, but I like LA as a market and I like Stars as a name. Like my previous logos there is nothing groundbreaking about this logo (i'm old school), it's a pretty basic "STARS" script with a shooting star/basketball above.

losangeles.png

I'm kind of afraid it might be a little WNBA with the shooting star, but I like it nonetheless.

My latest logo is for the Nashville Troubadours. My original idea for this logo was a brass belt buckle but I could never get the look I was looking for. This logo is belt buckle like with a western Troubadours script above a basketball and a buckle detail with a brass oval behind. I was trying to give it a country music feel. I know nothing if done is too groundbreaking but I would really appreciate some comments on individual logos or the league as a whole. Thanks for looking.

nashville.png

I haven't had a lot of time to work in new logos, but I have some uniforms and logo updates that I would like to share.

The first uniforms I'm sharing is for the Nashville Troubadours because it also has the updated logo. For the update I really striped it down and made it a lot more basic, it still communicates what I was trying to communicate while eliminating some unneeded elements. With the uniforms I was trying to continue the county and western feel of the logo. The uniforms are inspired by western style shirts. I had some better uniforms for the Troubadours, but when I updated the logo I eliminated some colors which formed me to change the unis. I still like them its just harder with a limited color palette.

I would really appreciate any comments you have. Thanks.

Nashville1.png

I love the Jacksonville Generals logo. Well done! Not sure if it was done on purpose, but it reminds me of this

JaxCityflag.jpg

Thank you. Yes, it was on purpose. That was where the name/logo idea came from. I just put the hat on his head and put a sword in his hand.

Chicago is next, I updated the logo some and tweaked the colors a bit. I still have no good ideas for an alt logo, but I came up with these uniforms. The home and away are pretty basic, but the alt is suposed to be kind of firefighter jacket like.

Chicago-1.png

I really like the Barons, Stars and Sonics logos! The Stars logo feels so ABA. The Barons logo is clever and the Sonics logo is a great update while retaining a classic feel.

The Colonials is hard to read as is the Royals. Consider a thicker font for the Royals. The Colonials..Not sure. It's really busy. "Norfolk" is really hard to read in the Navigators logo as well.

The yellow basketball in the Colonel hat should be tweaked a little. The inner lines could be thicker, while the lower part of the outer line looks weird.

Overall I really like the feel of these. They compliment each other well and they are very retro looking.

Thanks for the comments guys. I know they all need some work so I really apprieate the comments. I've been considering color changes for some teams to try to changes things up and make them clearer. I will consider all the comments while making updates (whenever I have time to do so).

This is my next set. I know this is one of the logos I need to work on, but I also really like it. My insperation for the logo is the syracuse nationals, but I could never find a script that I liked. I also never made an alt logo which I want to do, I really wanted to use pinstripes on the unis, but could never get them to look good.

Hartford-1.png

I think these would look a lot better if you used a different jersey template. the way the shoulder trim sticks out rather than curve inward like real basketball jerseys do makes these hard to imagine how these would actually look. the jerseys seem exremely thin too. This is not your fault at all, but if your going to put in the work to make jerseys, might as well help yourself out.

That being said, I like the elimination of the thin lines on the Troubadores logo. The away jerseys could use some white.

Archived