NAPBL - North American Professional Basketball League

GeoTheo

I like most of the logos and uniforms that you've come up with so far, although I'm not a fan of the alternate uniforms at all. I do think your designs and overall league would be better served to be on a cleaner and larger template, as the current one you use isn't doing your concepts justice.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, it seems that I have some work to do. I guess I'll look for a new uniform template. Does anyone know of anything that I should use, I'm not a huge fan of any in the templates thread.

For now I want to move forward on logos. Columbus, OH is my next market, but I don't have a solid name. Commanders is a name I've condsidered. I used to have a team in D.C. named Capital City Commanders, I always liked the name, and it kinda fits since OH calls itself the mother of presidents. Only problem is every logo idea I have seems too Washingtonian. Any ideas for a name or logo.

• 3 weeks later...

A couple of new logos. Richmond Rebels and Montaneses Monterrey (Monterrey Mountain Dwellers/Highlanders). Rebels is not the most PC choice for Richmond, but I decided its the name I wanted to use and I dont care if its PC or not. Monterrey is a market I've always loved, proably wouldn't be a choice market for a real league, but it'll do just fine for my fake league.

richmond.pngmonterrey.png

And a few updates, not sure if they're any better.

I kind of feel like Cinci may be downgrade, it looks more like what I orginally wanted, just not sure if its any better.

I recolored Austin making the blues darker and and the yellow more goldish.

I changed the Hartford's script so its a little more readable, but I feel its a lateral move at best.

nashville-1.pngcincinnati-1.pngaustin-1.pnghartford-1.png

Thanks for looking, I would appreciate any feedback. I know there is a lot of work to be done so any comments help.

Two comments and a question on Hartford:

1) I would knock out the two stars behind the "C" in "Colonials".

2) Hartford might look better above the rest of the logo somewhere.

3) Did you spell it Calonials in the logo? It sure looks that way.

Richmond might be your best one yet! The thicker lines give it a bold feel and the cannons are nicely done.

Im not a huge fan of the outermost red outline on the Monterrey one. The blue with green and yellow also seems like too many colors. It just doesnt look right with the lighter blue inside the darker red on the mountain.

On the Colonials, I agree iwth srj34 and I would say to make the lines thicker on it. I know dropping the stars behind the letters would not be 13 anymore, but if you repositioned all the stars and made them smaller, you could fit 13 in there still.

I could email the jersey template Ive been using if you want. It's pretty good, maybe not the best one out there, but I like it.

I guess I did. I took some Nyquil last night; I'll just blame it on that.

I've been thinking about the stars, and my thought is maybe just eliminating them or removing them from the outside and putting them under the script. The Hartford concept is one that I love drawn on paper, but cant seem to get it to look right on the computer. I'll mess with it some tonight and post the changes (hopefully I can find the time).

I decided that I HATE the Royals update. I worked on that some and I think it looks a little better; hopefully I can get that posted tonight as well.

jaha32, I think your right about Monterrey, I'll work on that too. Richmond might be my favorite so far too, thats one of the reasons why I'm going back and updating some of the older logos. I would love your template; I'll get with you sometime about that.

Thanks for the comments, I really appreciate the help.

I guess I did. I took some Nyquil last night; I'll just blame it on that.

I've been thinking about the stars, and my thought is maybe just eliminating them or removing them from the outside and putting them under the script. The Hartford concept is one that I love drawn on paper, but can?t seem to get it to look right on the computer. I'll mess with it some tonight and post the changes (hopefully I can find the time).

I decided that I HATE the Royals update. I worked on that some and I think it looks a little better; hopefully I can get that posted tonight as well.

jaha32, I think your right about Monterrey, I'll work on that too. Richmond might be my favorite so far too, that?s one of the reasons why I'm going back and updating some of the older logos. I would love your template; I'll get with you sometime about that.

Thanks for the comments, I really appreciate the help.

Just send me a message and give me your email so I can email the template to you whenever you need it.

Another Royals update, its more like the original, just a little cleaner and more bold. The last update was just bad. cincinnati-2.png

Mrs. GeoTheo and I have been under the weather over the last few days, so I haven't been able to work on much else.

Thanks to for all the comments and help.

Another Royals update, its more like the original, just a little cleaner and more bold. The last update was just bad. cincinnati-2.png

Mrs. GeoTheo and I have been under the weather over the last few days, so I haven't been able to work on much else.

I think it would look 100x better without all off the thin white outlines...

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

I think it would look 100x better without all off the thin white outlines...

Thanks for the comment, heres quick update without the outlines.

cincinnati1.png

Wow, great logo for Richmond. Love the color combination, too. To tell you the truth, I don't think the name "Rebels" would be much of an issue in Richmond. One of the high school's in the metro area are known as the Freeman High "Rebels" and they use gray and blue in their color scheme. Other schools in the metro area still use people or things related to the Civil War, too. So, to be honest, I don't think it would be that far-fetched to have a pro team named "Rebels".

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

A couple more updates. For Monterrey I removed the some boarders, reduced the number of colors and changed the font.

monterrey4.png

For Hartford I thinkend some lines, reduced the size of and reposistioned the stars and corrected the spelling of Colonials.

hartford2.png

Thanks again for all of the comments, please keep them coming.

Very good concept. I like that you went through with the whole thing. I love all of the logos and the names but it just seems like an ABA league just the colors seem to bright to me or too glossy. Otherwise this is very cool, can't wait to see your logos in the future.

Team number 24 is the Columbus Commanders. The name comes from Ohio's nickname "mother of presidents". For the logo I was thinking something Presidential Seal-ish but everything I've done looks to Washingtonian. The Presidential Seal seemed like to much of a streatch but the Columbus City seal is an eagle with a shield similar to the Presidential Seal so I thought it would work. On my way to work this morning I saw a bald eagle sore above the Highway, that sight got my inspirational juices flowing and I came up with this concept. I still need to create a word mark and decide on a color scheme. With this team I have 24 of the 30 teams I was originally planning on.

columbus2.png

I was thinking a color scheme like this, but I've already used so much gold, blue and red, and I want to use some different color combinations. Any ideas for colors and ways to improve?

columbus.png

Thanks for all of the help.

This idea has a lot of potential.

-first i know your trying to think of colors, but right now there are too many with blue,lightblue, yellow, and red. eliminate one if not two colors. maybe a green would work since it has an army theme somewhat.

- try adding two or three lines on the tail feathers to give the impression of feathers or something.

-give the eagle a blue eye.

-the basketball lines dont work on the shiels since the shield comes to a point and is circular on the bottom. if you made it half circular, the basketball lines work, if you leave it a shield, take the lines out,

Those are just some ideas. based on your Rebels logo and now this one, it seems like youre improving and coming up with some nice logos.

I plan to address some of the issues jaha addressed, but for now here are some different color combinations. I would appreciate any feedback. I am not married to any of these combinations, right now its pretty open. Of these combos I like 3A (blue and silver) best, how does that look to you?

comanders.png

I plan to address some of the issues jaha addressed, but for now here are some different color combinations. I would appreciate any feedback. I am not married to any of these combinations, right now its pretty open. Of these combos I like 3A (blue and silver) best, how does that look to you?

comanders.png

I'd go with 3A as well, keep it up on the good work!

Detroit Falcons (NABL) | Detroit Gears (UFL)

Archived