NAPBL - North American Professional Basketball League

GeoTheo

Thanks for all of the comments, I really appreciate them. Some said they liked the old Wranglers logo better, I am glad that you liked it; however, I felt there was too much going on. I was never that crazy about that logo, it was kind of forced. In an attempt to improve it I looked back on my orginal sketchs and realized that it got away from what I was trying to accomplish, so it had to go. I feel the new logo is a lot cleaner, bolder, and it works a lot better to uniforms. I've tweaked the new logo based on some comments, and here are a few possibilities, tell me what you think.

fortworth6.png

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the bottom right the best. the top right one didnt turn out as well as I thought when i suggested it because the words are so thick and there isnt a lot of blue between each letter. plus I dont really care for the empty blue space to the bottom left of the W. Now I like bottom right best. The Fort Worth word is too big and competes with WRANGLERS so that's why having different colored words works better.

Thanks for all of the Wranglers comments, I think I'm with jaha on the bottom right, its the one I like best. I'll get back to the Wranglers soon, but in the mean time here is the Jacksonville Generals, please let me know what you think. I really liked the uniforms while I was working on them, but now that I see them, I dont like them as much, thoughts?

jacksonvillepage.png

I hate the script on the jersey. sorry man. colors seem to Supersonic. to mee. like the logo and name for Jacksonville through. (hello JACKSONville. General Andrew Jackson man) I think it needs a little work. but overall decent concept.

wrb141.jpgnbahoopscardszxzx01.png

BaltimoreNewYorkGirl.png

Im Abby.. nice to meet you

Go Os. Capitals. Mets. Ravens. Rangers. Knicks. Butler Bulldogs. Maryland. Kevin Harvick.

I hate the YANKEESS

• 2 months later...

LEAGUE3.png

It's been so long since I've posted anything that I cant remember what is new and what I have tweaked, but this is my league as it stands now. I haven't been very inspired to do much work so I haven't amde much process. I'm hoping that if I post something it might get the creative jucies flowing again. I decided to add Edmonton and Calgary to bring the total number of teams to 32, which will allow for more evenly balanced divisions

I recently created this map in ArcView, its nothing special but it shows the divisions well

NABL.png

There's a lot of good stuff here, Geo, but I think it's hard to make constructive comments with so many teams being presented at once. I like the jet flying through the Sonics logo. It's a nice addition to their classic logo. The Commanders is nice too, but I think it could use slightly more detail to complete it. I like the map presentation, it gives a nice visual of the league's layout.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have not had much time to dedicate to this league lately, Mrs. GeoTheo is expecting and as a result, my household duties have increased. I did manage to update my lacking Columbus Commanders logo. I kept the same concept as my previous logo, but did a complete overhaul. I also switched u the color scheme so that it is completely different from anything else I have. Please leave comments if you have any. Thanks.

COLUMBUSCOMMANDERS.png

While Im not feeling the colors, they look too muddled together and replacing the brown or green with a brighter color would make this better IMO, this looks pretty good. I think you could get rid of that big empty brown space on the shield. It's smack dab in the middle of the logo, but it's just a plain space. I am also a little confused as to what I am seeing in the eye area of the bird. But overall the composition of this is nice. It would look even better without the wordmark, but I know basketball logos almost always use them. I like the wings a lot.

The head needs work, I just don't think it matches the overall style of the logo. jaha32 is right about the shield's empty space, it almost seems like some abbreviation needs to go there or something. The rest? I really like it! Very nice improvement! The wings look great, and I like the feather "tufts".

I understand jaha's concerns about the colors, but I would like to see how it is incorporated into the uniforms. I like that you have some very unconventional color schemes.

Archived