Yankees change flags atop stadium

cameroncrazie07

So I'm assuming then that the Yankees don't recognize division and league titles? Is this true?

Here's something that bothers me -

The Phillies (who certainly don't have any where near the success of the Yankees or a lot of other teams) only recognize the "highest" title won each year. So for 2008, there is no mention of their NL East title or NL league title. They have three separate "flag gardens" (for lack of a better term), one of which has white flags for division titles, one has blue flags for league titles, and there's two poles with red flags for World titles.

My problem is that if you're looking at the white flags, there are three missing flags - 1993, 2008, 2009. Why not recognize those, since they're technically titles that you won? I get that for some teams, this would get crazy, but not really for the Phillies, since they don't have a hundred of each type of title.

Similarly, the Blue flags are missing 1980 and 2008.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not that they don't recognize division and league titles, it's that they save the special tributes for World Championships.

But what you're describing for the Phillies sounds odd. They only commemorate a pennant if that's the highest honor they achieved? Again, I get it when we're talking about the Yankees, and they would need 86 flags for their flag garden. But when we're only talking about a couple, it makes no sense to me.

Don't the Braves do that? Color-code their pennants by division/league/world champs?

But do they only do one flag per year regardless of titles won? So for 1995, they'd only have the World Series colored flag, but not one for the division and league?

What I'm saying for the Phillies is if they won every division title, every pennant, and every world series for an entire decade, they'd only have 10 world series flags.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Don't the Braves do that? Color-code their pennants by division/league/world champs?

But do they only do one flag per year regardless of titles won? So for 1995, they'd only have the World Series colored flag, but not one for the division and league?

I think so, yeah. 1995 is blue (or red), and then 1996 and 1999 are red (or blue), and the rest are yellow. Or some other arrangement of red, yellow, and blue. Not sure. I summon a Braves fan.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I think so, yeah. 1995 is blue (or red), and then 1996 and 1999 are red (or blue), and the rest are yellow. Or some other arrangement of red, yellow, and blue. Not sure. I summon a Braves fan.

Please don't.

That's what the Phillies have, but in a much different arrangement. 2007 = white, 2008 = red, 2009 = blue. But all the whites, blues, and reds (all two of them) are bunched together, so it's not like they're in chronological order.

I'm a Braves fan, despite our current 7 game losing streak, and yeah that's pretty much it. The 1995 pennant is red to signify the WS title. The numbers are color coded as well based on whether the team won the division or the league. Here's a pic of our flags:

328326899_db77ffbeea-1.jpg

I'm a Braves fan, despite our current 7 game losing streak, and yeah that's pretty much it. The 1995 pennant is red to signify the WS title. The numbers are color coded as well based on whether the team won the division or the league. Here's a pic of our flags:

Do the Braves have more flags elsewhere on the stadium, or do they only acknowledge the Atlanta years?

I get that if you are arranging them chronologically, one flag per year makes more sense, but considering that you can now win the WS without winning your division, I think it's important to recognize all championships, since the others (well, at least division) can't be implied.

I don't know how old that picture is...but they may wanna look at redoing that sign up at the top. Delta Air Lines has rebranded since then...

(Logically, that was the first thing I noticed...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Ahh...okay then. Cool. (As a former Delta employee, I kinda still have a soft spot for them...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived