Official 2010-11 Utah Jazz Logo Leaked

Wasatch

I know the board won?t take this as an ?Official Announcement? but I swear to you the following is 100% true!

I work in my family?s company who happens to sponsor the Utah Jazz, and in our contract with them for the 2009/10 season we put in there at we would receive two pairs of the authentic retro green shorts; so when I went over to ESA (EnergySolutions Arena) today to pick them up, I started talking to our Acct. Executive over there and we got on the discussion of the Jazz logo for next season. Well I got him to open up and admit that they?re going back to their 2009 vectorized version of their 1980?s ? 90?s logo, but with the colors of navy blue (instead of purple), green, and gold. So basically the logo will look exactly like below, and the speculation that?s gone on for months and on the following page is 100% true!

Discussed in Previous CCSLC Topic

Purple and Blue Leak

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Primary_Logo-1.png

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not doubting you..but why would an AE have access to this info?

Because he wears many hats and he's also the head of Game Operations. Opps I forgot to also mention that they’ll also have a green uniform. I didn’t get clarification on whether it would be the official away or alternate, but if my memory serves me correctly, a team has to wait a full season after a primary logo change before they can introduce an alternate uniform, so it’s probably their official away uniform that’ll be green.

I know a lot of people were hoping for a revamp of the old logo, but as a Jazz fan this excites me a lot! I love how they're taking the original and basically just swapping out the purple for navy blue; it's awesome!

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

What happened to the (Yellow) Gold being changed over to a metallic?

I just HATE this new trend with the NBA...be cheap and just recolor an old logo from the '70s or '80s and be done with it. Hated it with the Sixers, and really despise this.

This is the history of the Utah Jazz:

1. didn't bother to change the logos from the New Orleans Jazz

2. came up with a new mountain-themed logo a few years after the Nuggets debuted a mountain-themed logo

3. sloppily recolored that logo in blue on blue a few years after the Mavericks and Nuggets popularized blue on blue

4. sloppily recolored the New Orleans Jazz stuff

So it can be argued that at no time in the history of the Utah Jazz have they done anything truly original.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

This is the history of the Utah Jazz:

1. didn't bother to change the logos from the New Orleans Jazz

2. came up with a new mountain-themed logo a few years after the Nuggets debuted a mountain-themed logo

3. sloppily recolored that logo in blue on blue a few years after the Mavericks and Nuggets popularized blue on blue

4. sloppily recolored the New Orleans Jazz stuff

So it can be argued that at no time in the history of the Utah Jazz have they done anything truly original.

There ya go.

So basically the logo will look exactly like below, and the speculation that?s gone on for months and on the following page is 100% true!

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Primary_Logo-1.png

5wazyo.jpg

Lazy. If I wanted the NBA to look like it did 20 years ago, I'd watch NBA's Greatest Games or something like that. This whole "Going back to old logos" trend is lame.

While I was never a big fan of this logo, at least they're getting away from the trend what was navy & powder blue. That, combined with the Jazz's reclolred 90s logo and do-nothing unis made for an absolutely brutal look. One of the worst motifs in the Association.

6uXNWAo.png

Staying true to the Jazz's past, this re-colored logo is a flop.

Or it could be just admitting that making more modern/complicated logos was a mistake in the first place.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I find it funny how many of you seem to trash this look. What's one thing you all have in common? - you aren't Jazz fans. This is a situation in my mind where they made this move entirely because the fans were clammering for it, me being one of them. Vintage Jazz merchandise is a huge, HUGE seller here in Utah, and stores here seem to actually have more musical note merchandise than the present powder blue and navy. You'd be suprised how much green and how much vintage Jazz you see around here. So you can bicker and moan all you want about it, but truth is that the majority of the fans wanted it, we got it, and we'll love it - besides, the fans are all that matter.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

As a die-hard Jazz fan, I am terribly upset & disappointed. This is the stupidest logo in their ENTIRE history. At least their last lazy/recolor job was an upgrade. This has no direction. They're trying to straddle both sides of the fence. The note with emphasis on yellow & green would be good, the Notre Dame color scheme could work, & even keeping their current logo with the new note would be better!

ujsignature.png

I find it funny how many of you seem to trash this look. What's one thing you all have in common? - you aren't Jazz fans. This is a situation in my mind where they made this move entirely because the fans were clammering for it, me being one of them. Vintage Jazz merchandise is a huge, HUGE seller here in Utah, and stores here seem to actually have more musical note merchandise than the present powder blue and navy. You'd be suprised how much green and how much vintage Jazz you see around here. So you can bicker and moan all you want about it, but truth is that the majority of the fans wanted it, we got it, and we'll love it - besides, the fans are all that matter.

Well I think the majority of us are mature enough to judge designs objectively, without allowing our allegiances to a team (or hatred of a team) to play any bearing on our opinions.

It is fair to say that if a fan base (essentially a market) is clamoring for something, and will buy a ton of something, that it may be a wise business decision to market that thing. Evaluating whether something is a sound business decision is NOT the same as evaluating whether something is a good design, or helps create a strong identity.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think this is better than the crap they currently have, so anything that doesn't make them look like a Memphis Grizzlies knockoff is fine with me since Memphis has one of the worst looks in sports. Then again the NBA as a whole just looks like crap. Everytime someone changes, you realize how good the Celtics and the Lakers have always looked and even the Spurs. What you're seeing is that teams that are trying to reinvent themselve, realize they shouldn't have touched what was good in the first place. I will say that the prior set of the the Jazz with the western theme, mountains, and colors was cool and unique. Then they ruined it and went bland.

Staying true to the Jazz's past, this re-colored logo is a flop.

Or it could be just admitting that making more modern/complicated logos was a mistake in the first place.

joke

------

your head

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived