Toronto Crimson Foxes Football team

jrvegeeta

Truthfully? Too hard to tell, everything is so small I can hardly make out any detail.

Give us a sheet with just the logos on it at a reasonable size and I'm sure you'll get plenty of feedback, but right now it's all too tiny to be constructive. What I can see looks good, but any more than that right now would be speculation.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

Is that logo original?

The side panel on your red jerseys is brown, which butts up directly against the red side panel of the brown pants. Having side panels on the jersey that don't match the pants kind of defeats the purpose of the side panels in the first place.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I like the color scheme alot - brown and red work alot better than most people think. The logo is nice too. I think my only critiques would be minor things like what bringbackthevet was talking about with the side panels on the red uniform. Tweak that around and it will definetely improve. Also, another suggestion I have is to make the red uniform the primary home, seeing as how they are the "Crimson Foxes". Overall a great job!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Okay now that I've seen it a bit bigger I'd say while I like the fact you've varied the line weight around the foxes head I think the difference is to drastic. It's way to thin under it's jaw. I'm also curious as to why it's thickest at the top, now this might be a personal thing but I've always used any thicker lines in my logos to help demonstrate the direction the light is going in, thinest in highlighted areas and thickest in the darker areas, but that doesn't seem to be the case here, unless you've deliberate lit the subject from below to make it look more sinister, in which case you may want to review the darker area on the fur at the bottom. One way or another it just doesn't seem to read properly to my eye.

The logo type could do with some serious work if you ask me as it stands right now it's just a typeface with a keyline round it, It doesn't really say foxes to me, it's pretty static with no real movement to speak of and nothing unique or individual about it. If I had the inclination I'm pretty sure I could find the font in five minutes and recreate exactly what you've got there simply by typing the name and adding a stroke to it. A logo type should be as individual as the logo is. Look at interesting ways you could create ligatures (joining letters) within the logo type, is there an element from the logo that could be easily transfered over to the text? It needs to be given some life of it's own it's just as important as the character part of any logo package.

For the most part I like the uni's although like at least one other poster I'm a little confused as to why a team called the crimson foxes use their crimson uni as an alt, surely that should be the primary if ever there was one?

Great start though, and solid idea and name, I look forward to seeing how you take this forward.

9erssteve

9ersstevesig.png

you know crimson nudges into the blue side of red? (220, 20, 60)

"Crimson is a strong, bright, deep red color combined with some blue, resulting in a tiny degree of purple."

foxes, if anything are the yellow side of red. orange/ginger or vermillion colour.

none of the colours in your pallette are near crimson.

see bama for reference:

alabama_crimson_tide-798.jpg

Looks good except for I think you should sub out brown for Crimson since the name is Crimson Foxes.

Not to mention that if this were an NFL team, that shade of brown would be illegal because it's too close to the color of the ball. (As discussed in these parts some time back, that's one reason why the Cleveland Browns use a much darker shade of brown as their primary color.)

CCSLC signature.png

I also dont like the inconsistencies in the outer black line. it's way too thick on the top and left in comparison to how thin it is around the chin area. also,around the head and nose there is not fur details or jaggedness, which is ok i guess, but then on the bottom there is a lot more fur detail. i think it should be more consistent throughout. other than that i think this has a lot of promise and with some tweaks will be a very good logo.

Archived