Florida Gators Alternate

Lights Out

lose the tongue. outline the numbers in orange. add school and nike logos to pants. green facemask. F shield on the collar. the eyes would probably

Why should I lose the tongue? I would lose a little bit of realism in the design by getting rid of it, as well as the uniform's link to the Gators' logo.

As for a green facemask, I don't want the Gators to look like Miami, and even though Miami uses a white helmet and white facemask, too much green would still create that association for Gators fans.

As for your other ideas, I will work them in as soon as possible, except for the idea about the eyes, because that one was truncated.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I think this might be the final version. Gators and Nike logos were added to the pants - I went with a one-color Gators logo so as to not clash with the pants. I changed the facemask to white to reduce the Ninja Turtles resemblance. I also added a side stripe to the pants with one of the common nicknames for the Gators - "Orange and Blue." The numbers are now outlined in orange. Unfortunately, I do not have a copy of the "F shield," so I had to leave it off.

gators7.png

Comments?

xLmjWVv.png

I don't see how the tongue is "too much" when the Florida logo features a tongue AND an alligator's tongue is viewable from the front. Again, I'd be sacrificing realism and faithfulness to the identity if I ditched the tongue.

As for the side detail, I decided to go crazy like how Florida State puts "Unconquered" on their black pants.

xLmjWVv.png

Archived