NBA Season 2010-2011

tohasbo

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, that All-Star logo's star reminds me of something (out of the '70s?) but I can't place it.

So we have these teams rumored (at least) to be making changes?

Jazz

Cavaliers

Clippers

Warriors

Knicks

I haven't heard anything on the Knicks... but Cavaliers, Jazz, and Clippers i have read are confirmed. Warriors i believe is still a rumor.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Man, that All-Star logo's star reminds me of something (out of the '70s?) but I can't place it.

So we have these teams rumored (at least) to be making changes?

Jazz

Cavaliers

Clippers

Warriors

Knicks

I haven't heard anything on the Knicks...

The Warriors rumor is new to me, but I've heard the Knicks are considering eliminating black from their uniforms.

6uXNWAo.png

here is your knicks confirmation (if you can really call it that), from a yahoo sports blog post that quotes (pay only) newsday's knicks blog

link

According to a source, the Knicks have had internal discussions about making some minor changes to the uniform for the 2010-11 season. It doesn't sound like anything major is being planned, just a subtle tweak and update. The NBA would have to approve and adidas, the league's apparel outfitter, would also have to know with enough advanced warning ..."

RGB-optimized version FWIW:

NBAAll-StarGame2011_PRM.png

I actually like it. Not sure why. I guess maybe because of how overdone some of these All-Star logos have been.

Am I the only one that thinks that its eluding to a Hollywood red carpet? Has that been mentioned before? Wonder if thats the inspiration for it. Though I wish it was done without the pattern on it.

I think the Warriors are confirmed - partially due to the Thunder. I've heard they're going back to Blue and Yellow; i'd like them to be different from every other rebrand and not go the yellow blue routine. I think they're Yellow (primary color), Burnt Orange, and blue scheme (San Francisco) scheme looks great and is different from every other team. I've been meaning to do my own mockup rebrand of Golden State - they can easily take a Spartan or Viking gimmick and it will still suit the name.

Utah - i've heard two diff. rumours about. They're either going to Navy, Green, Yellow or their current scheme. Both rumours have them going back to their 80's/early 90's logo.

Cleveland - I think this is for merch sales - they're burgundy and off gold scheme looks nice - i actually thought if anything navy should be minimized instead of off gold.

LAC - apparently sticking to their blue and red - i'd like them to go pale blue, salmon orange and faint green - and adopt a sea/ocean gimmick. But they wont, they'll go conservative, i dont even expect to see an actual clipper in the logo, just a ball and words.

i could definitely see wizards wanting to get a new identity, but i think they are suppose to inform the league 2 years before a logo/jersey change, so i doubt the change will happen this year.

grizzles should really bring back the Vancouver logo and color scheme, their current set is terrible.

122opcw.jpg

I can see the Suns.

The Suns absolutely need to do something different. So much potential, yet (aside form their unique color combo) thay have some of the most generic gear in the entire league. Plus, their road and alternate uniforms are covered in gray. That is something I have never understood. Gray....Why?? It's worse than those NFL teams who 'cop-out' with black.

6uXNWAo.png

I have a feeling aside from all these rumored "re-brands" and the Magic alternate we will see some surprise team add an alternate or change their alternate. Wolves? Kings? Spurs? Pistons? Hornets? IDK, just a hunch. It'd be interesting to see a team try a Gray/Silver uniform again. Wolves and Spurs would fit perfect. Also, when are the Nets redoing everything?

RGB-optimized version FWIW:

NBAAll-StarGame2011_PRM.png

I actually like it. Not sure why. I guess maybe because of how overdone some of these All-Star logos have been.

Am I the only one that thinks that its eluding to a Hollywood red carpet? Has that been mentioned before? Wonder if thats the inspiration for it. Though I wish it was done without the pattern on it.

I thought about the Hollywood red carpet the first time I saw it too.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived