NBA Season 2010-2011

tohasbo

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Magic are adding a black alternate, and potentially unveiling a new primary - though they are supposed to keep the ball and lightning secondary.

Living here in Orlando, I haven't heard anything about unveiling a new primary logo, but I have heard alot of chatter about a black alternate jersey. I'm guessing it will look like a black version of the current blue road and possibly have white or silver pinstripes...guess we'll see.

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

The perspective on the ribbon in the ASG logo is strange. some places it has that isometric perspective, and some places it's just flat.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

During a Nets commercial I saw 2 weeks ago, they kept saying "Uniforms subject to change." Take it for what it's worth I guess.

Yea netsDaily spoke on that, they not talkin bout the Nets, they are talking about the players in the uniforms coming to play the Nets. Lord knows the Nets need new uniforms though,

During a Nets commercial I saw 2 weeks ago, they kept saying "Uniforms subject to change." Take it for what it's worth I guess.

Yea netsDaily spoke on that, they not talkin bout the Nets, they are talking about the players in the uniforms coming to play the Nets. Lord knows the Nets need new uniforms though,

For their next promotion, the Nets might as well just giveaway authentic opponent's jerseys instead of going through their reversible jersey campaign again.

RGB-optimized version FWIW:

NBAAll-StarGame2011_PRM.png

I actually like it. Not sure why. I guess maybe because of how overdone some of these All-Star logos have been.

Am I the only one that thinks that its eluding to a Hollywood red carpet? Has that been mentioned before? Wonder if thats the inspiration for it. Though I wish it was done without the pattern on it.

You know, I didn't even think of that until you mentioned it, and now I really can't unsee it. You're probably right... It's probably supposed to be evoking mental images of Hollywood, given Staples Center being located very near Hollywood & Vine as well as the rest of downtown.

I think the Warriors are confirmed - partially due to the Thunder. I've heard they're going back to Blue and Yellow; i'd like them to be different from every other rebrand and not go the yellow blue routine. I think they're Yellow (primary color), Burnt Orange, and blue scheme (San Francisco) scheme looks great and is different from every other team. I've been meaning to do my own mockup rebrand of Golden State - they can easily take a Spartan or Viking gimmick and it will still suit the name.

Utah - i've heard two diff. rumours about. They're either going to Navy, Green, Yellow or their current scheme. Both rumours have them going back to their 80's/early 90's logo.

Cleveland - I think this is for merch sales - they're burgundy and off gold scheme looks nice - i actually thought if anything navy should be minimized instead of off gold.

LAC - apparently sticking to their blue and red - i'd like them to go pale blue, salmon orange and faint green - and adopt a sea/ocean gimmick. But they wont, they'll go conservative, i dont even expect to see an actual clipper in the logo, just a ball and words.

Cleveland is def just for merch sales. No hiding it. Hopefully... HOPEFULLY... they go to a white at home, wine on the road, and original gold for the alt in 1-2 years. Hopefully the navy will be reduced just bare minimal accents and some logo outlines.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

The Magic are adding a black alternate, and potentially unveiling a new primary - though they are supposed to keep the ball and lightning secondary.

Living here in Orlando, I haven't heard anything about unveiling a new primary logo, but I have heard alot of chatter about a black alternate jersey. I'm guessing it will look like a black version of the current blue road and possibly have white or silver pinstripes...guess we'll see.

I've heard they new black uniforms will be in the same template as the current set, with the curved pinstripes, unique cut, and side panels, but with the "chalkboard" font. Apparently they were ready to go, but the league wouldn't approve a team's primary road uni to be black, so they pushed them to be alts.

I only bring up the logo because media was reporting a new primary would be introduced at the same time as the current uni set. It obviously wasn't, so I'm curious as to whether they'd do it to usher in the new arena. If not, surely someone around here has seen the concept, right?

For the record, when I saw that promotion on the Nets' website, I took it as the players on the other team's could be on a different team next season, hence, "uniforms subject to change."

RGB-optimized version FWIW:

NBAAll-StarGame2011_PRM.png

I actually like it. Not sure why. I guess maybe because of how overdone some of these All-Star logos have been.

Am I the only one that thinks that its eluding to a Hollywood red carpet? Has that been mentioned before? Wonder if thats the inspiration for it. Though I wish it was done without the pattern on it.

You know, I didn't even think of that until you mentioned it, and now I really can't unsee it. You're probably right... It's probably supposed to be evoking mental images of Hollywood, given Staples Center being located very near Hollywood & Vine as well as the rest of downtown.

phew...I thought I was seeing things. You see it too?

If it is indeed the inspiration its a really nice subtle element that I generally like to see in logos. There's not enough subtlety in logos these days, which I think is a huge shame.

I've heard they new black uniforms will be in the same template as the current set, with the curved pinstripes, unique cut, and side panels, but with the "chalkboard" font. Apparently they were ready to go, but the league wouldn't approve a team's primary road uni to be black, so they pushed them to be alts.

I only bring up the logo because media was reporting a new primary would be introduced at the same time as the current uni set. It obviously wasn't, so I'm curious as to whether they'd do it to usher in the new arena. If not, surely someone around here has seen the concept, right?

That would make sense for them pushing it back a season to the opening of their new arena, I know they are planning "Big" things for the opening(whatever that is who knows???). I'm intersested to see what kind of primary would follow up the current, maybe a mix of the new & old w/ the ball streaking after "MAGIC". I hope we hear more in the future...hopefully we'll open the new arena w/ a great new primary logo at center court and with a Championship banner being raised into the rafters :D

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

Definitely "Southeast Division" or Probably "Eastern Conference" but doubtful "NBA World Championship"

That would make sense for them pushing it back a season to the opening of their new arena, I know they are planning "Big" things for the opening(whatever that is who knows???). I'm intersested to see what kind of primary would follow up the current, maybe a mix of the new & old w/ the ball streaking after "MAGIC". I hope we hear more in the future...hopefully we'll open the new arena w/ a great new primary logo at center court and with a Championship banner being raised into the rafters :D

Southeast Division Championship Banner:Definitely

Eastern Conference Championship Banner:Probably

NBA World Championship Banner:Doubtful

:P

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

by Chalkboard font, do you mean the font used in their first (and second) jerseys? "A" as a star??

by Chalkboard font, do you mean the font used in their first (and second) jerseys? "A" as a star??

That is what I recall hearing. Though the emphasis was more on the numeral font, that they would be the same numerical font used on the first jerseys.

Anybody know what patch teams in the Finals will be wearing this year? The logo looks completely unchanged, which led me to assume it would be the exact same patch too. Then I saw these eBay listings (and, of course, if someone says it on eBay, it HAS to be true!):

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-2010-NBA-FINALS-TROPHY-LOGO-Jersey-Patch-/350348684021?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Basketball_Fan_Shop&hash=item519268aaf5

This one looks almost identical to the patch the past few years, only with a darker tone and no black detailing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Official-2010-NBA-Finals-Collectible-Patch-/300423497569?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Basketball_Fan_Shop&hash=item45f2a2c761

Totally different design here. Listing says it'll be on the jerseys, but I have a hard time believing that.

For comparison's sake, here's what the Finals teams have worn the past 3 years.

http://store.nba.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3679644

(NBA.com doesn't have the 2010 patch listed yet)

Anybody know what patch teams in the Finals will be wearing this year? The logo looks completely unchanged, which led me to assume it would be the exact same patch too. Then I saw these eBay listings (and, of course, if someone says it on eBay, it HAS to be true!):

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-2010-NBA-FINALS-TROPHY-LOGO-Jersey-Patch-/350348684021?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Basketball_Fan_Shop&hash=item519268aaf5

This one looks almost identical to the patch the past few years, only with a darker tone and no black detailing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Official-2010-NBA-Finals-Collectible-Patch-/300423497569?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Basketball_Fan_Shop&hash=item45f2a2c761

Totally different design here. Listing says it'll be on the jerseys, but I have a hard time believing that.

For comparison's sake, here's what the Finals teams have worn the past 3 years.

http://store.nba.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3679644

(NBA.com doesn't have the 2010 patch listed yet)

The script link looks like it could be several years old. The trophy appears to be the exact same but they decided to remove the black this year. Somewhat off topic, I always thought the NBA champ should wear the trophy as a patch the following year, instead of both teams wearing it during the finals only.

Suns to Wear Los Suns Jerseys

PHOENIX (AP) -- The Phoenix Suns will wear "Los Suns" on their jerseys Wednesday for Game 2 of the Western Conference semifinals, owner Robert Sarver said, "to honor our Latino community and the diversity of our league, the state of Arizona, and our nation."

The decision to wear the jerseys on the Cinco de Mayo holiday stems from a law passed by the Arizona Legislature and signed by Gov. Jan Brewer that has drawn widespread criticism from Latino organizations and civil rights groups that say it could lead to racial profiling of Hispanics. President Barack Obama has called the law "misguided."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/basketball/nba/05/04/suns-immigration.ap/index.html#ixzz0mzdSO3cj

Archived