NBA Season 2010-2011

tohasbo

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Anybody know what patch teams in the Finals will be wearing this year? The logo looks completely unchanged, which led me to assume it would be the exact same patch too. Then I saw these eBay listings (and, of course, if someone says it on eBay, it HAS to be true!):

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-2010-NBA-FINALS-TROPHY-LOGO-Jersey-Patch-/350348684021?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Basketball_Fan_Shop&hash=item519268aaf5

This one looks almost identical to the patch the past few years, only with a darker tone and no black detailing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Official-2010-NBA-Finals-Collectible-Patch-/300423497569?cmd=ViewItem&pt=US_Basketball_Fan_Shop&hash=item45f2a2c761

Totally different design here. Listing says it'll be on the jerseys, but I have a hard time believing that.

For comparison's sake, here's what the Finals teams have worn the past 3 years.

http://store.nba.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3679644

(NBA.com doesn't have the 2010 patch listed yet)

Well, looks like they went with the circular patch after all. I wasn't a fan at all. Very clunky looking.

Major de-emphasis on the trophy logo in general. It wasn't on the jerseys, shooting shirts or warm-ups. And speaking of the shooting shirts, what was the deal with those things? Ugly.

Back to the trophy logo, if I'm not mistaken, it was also the first time since '04 they didn't have a giant graphic of it at center court. That bummed me out. Wonder if it was a safety concern (I know NCAA coaches complained about all the stickers on the floors for the March Madness tournament). Speaking of the NCAA, I'm wondering at what point the NBA just decides to follow their lead and bring in custom floors for the Finals, like the Final Four. NBA already had three different floors for All-Star Weekend this year, so I doubt it's a cost issue.

At least there's gonna be an ASG in the East coast!

Agreed!

Why does the locatoin of the ASG matter even one little bit?

cause we eastern fans had to see the west host it since like 2003

I agree. It seems like fans on the East coast are always getting the shaft.

Agreed!

And fans on the West coast don't get shafted in many other sports? I understand your point, but the NBA's bottom line is money. For whatever reason, it's obviously been more profitable in recent years to have cities based in the Western Conference host the All-Star Game. Of course it will change, but regardless of which city hosts the game, I highly doubt there's any thought put into which conference so and so city is based in. That's not how the NBA thinks, anyway.

Personally, as long as it's held on the west coast in the afternoon, and the proper accomodations are made, I always thought an outdoor All-Star Game or even regular season game would be awesome in the NBA.

Didn't the Pistons do an outdoor game against [division rival] a few years back? I recall reading about it.

Agreed!

And fans on the West coast don't get shafted in many other sports? I understand your point, but the NBA's bottom line is money. For whatever reason, it's obviously been more profitable in recent years to have cities based in the Western Conference host the All-Star Game. Of course it will change, but regardless of which city hosts the game, I highly doubt there's any thought put into which conference so and so city is based in. That's not how the NBA thinks, anyway.

I'm fairly certain that you dont...

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Agreed!

I'm fairly certain that you dont...

Yeah. Maybe you can explain it to him, BBTV.

Archived