NHL Playoff GDT 4/25/10

Lee.

Welcome to the first CCSLC NHL Game Day Thread.

Two matches on the docket today:

PHOENIX COYOTES @ DETROIT RED WINGS (Detroit leads best-of-seven 3-2)

Detroit can clinch the series and go on to kick the holy hell out of San Jose with a win, which would essentially be a repeat of every playoff series they ever played against Phoenix when they were still the Winnipeg Jets. The main difference in this equation is that Bob Essensa isn't giving up six goals a game.

VANCOUVER CANUCKS @ LOS ANGELES KINGS (Vancouver leads best-of-seven 3-2)

Vancouver holds the series lead against the young Kings, who may be reeling after a game 5 in which Rick Rypien murdered Rich Clune in cold blood with a single punch. Luckily, it was just a mild case of death, and Clune escapedwith a mere shoulder injury. If Vancouver jumps out to another early lead, expect Kings coach Terry Murray to respond by calling Lavalife Phone while Vancouver coach Alain Vigneault continues to smirk, no matter what.

Discuss the games themselves only in this thread. Do not discuss signings, league happenings, or your favorite teams here, this thread is for THE GAMES THEMSELVES ONLY. Save all other discussion for the regular Playoff thread, here.

Discuss.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The main difference in this equation is that Bob Essensa isn't giving up six goals a game.

Thankfully Howard did his best to fill that void today.

Other than Doan still not out on the ice for the Yotes; I couldn't of ask for a better game today. Bryz was a beast and the penalty kill was top notch. Now let's just hope the Captain will be back on Tuesday.

PopHeading-1.gif

Detroit can clinch the series and go on to kick the holy hell out of San Jose with a win, which would essentially be a repeat of every playoff series they ever played against Phoenix when they were still the Winnipeg Jets. The main difference in this equation is that Bob Essensa isn't giving up six goals a game.

Didn't they only play the Jets one time (1996) in the playoffs?

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

-Dan

I think they did it twice, both times in the first round, and the scores as I remember were usually 6-4. But that was a standard Winnipeg playoff score, at least the games I went to. Someone with more gumption and the will to sort through hockeydb.com can go and vet my posts. I'm just here to make forced, unfunny snark.

First round, game three, Jets win 6-4, lose in five. Not even close to a sell out in the late Winnipeg Arena.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

-Dan

I think they did it twice, both times in the first round, and the scores as I remember were usually 6-4. But that was a standard Winnipeg playoff score, at least the games I went to. Someone with more gumption and the will to sort through hockeydb.com can go and vet my posts. I'm just here to make forced, unfunny snark.

First round, game three, Jets win 6-4, lose in five. Not even close to a sell out in the late Winnipeg Arena.

Before I "Wikipedia" it. I am pretty sure the Wings beat the Jets 4-2 in 1998 and the Coyotes 4-2 in 1998.

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

-Dan

Before I "Wikipedia" it. I am pretty sure the Wings beat the Jets 4-2 in 1998 and the Coyotes 4-2 in 1998.

-Dan

Meh. I'm not here to present facts. I'm here to relate stories and piss people off.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived