NHL PLAYOFF GDT 4/27/10

Lee.

Wow I hate to be a homer and say something about the refs tonight but so far they have been terrible all around.

No you're right. It's just another Red Wing Playoff game.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like Phoenix lost the "Who do we rig the game for?" coin toss at the NHL office.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Detroit's on the iron triangle side of a 5-on-3. If I were in any more of a fantasyland they'd charge me for admission.

Interference AND diving on a play. Don't see that one every day.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Well then, San Jose's boned.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Wow the Wings got away with murder during that 5 on 3 plus the Zetterberg net push.

Chris Cuthbert TSN commentator for the game just said this little excerpt.

"If your a Star player you get away with those type of things." Earlier I'm pretty sure Ray Ferraro said "And the Referees go back to the Power Play" not sure if that was a mistake but I think you can see how the TSN commentators are seeing this game.

Quit blaming the Coyotes for something Detroit couldn't do. . . score, or for that matter, shoot.

Funny, this was the line on the Wings in Game 6. I guess having to play at 3 p.m. really did mess them up.

Well, nice knowing you, Team Bettman. I hope the Arizona government sues you before you can do any real damage.

Quit blaming the Coyotes for something Detroit couldn't do. . . score, or for that matter, shoot.

Funny, this was the line on the Wings in Game 6. I guess having to play at 3 p.m. really did mess them up.

Well, nice knowing you, Team Bettman. I hope the Arizona government sues you before you can do any real damage.

They're too busy channeling their inner Evan Mecham.

Today, we are all otaku.

They're too busy channeling their inner Evan Mecham.
Mecham said, "I've got black friends. I employ black people. I don't employ them because they are black; I employ them because they are the best people who applied for the cotton-picking job."

I'm not sure if even the NHL can step in it like that.

Music please

No, I am denying you music.

Welp, this was a real "be careful what you wish for" scenario, wasn't it. I echo the panda. Go Sharks indeed.

Music please

Oh the Wings are still the Wings, the Coyotes are still the Jets the first round is where they'll die as time goes bye.

Wasn't there fault that the Expansion Draft ripped the core from their team in the WHA and it wasn't there fault they were put in the Smythe Division where they had to play either the Oilers or Flames of the 80's in the first round. ^_^

Well, I guess the NHL's rigging coin (or re-purposed Twister spinner) goes on the shelf until the finals.

Today, we are all otaku.

The spinner's in Campbell's office, not Bettman's.

Man, Coyotes and Red Wings. This is like the Eschaton of questionable NHL officiating. The dueling conflicts of interest inherent to such a matchup--"do we throw the series for our beloved bitching floppers again or for the team we're trying to make taxpayers buy?"--will be so intense that they'll collide with great force, tear the time-space continuum, and cause the Detroit waterfront and Glendale strip mall to each be swallowed by black holes. (Oddly appropriate in the case of Westgate, where a cultural vacuum would be engulfed by an actual vacuum.) Our own STL Fanatic could find himself feeling pulled apart by horses if things don't go Detroit's way, as he'll be forced to reconcile the league's terrible referees with saving Phoenix hockey by any means necessary.

The Whiteout won't be as effective when two-thirds of the white shirts say "YZERMAN" on the back. Have fun with that one.

Well, the strip mall didn't implode like I'd hoped, but I think I got that last part right.

Someone threw garbage on the ice, so Lidstrom scored another goal. I guess this is goodbye.

I'm going to assume that "Now open" on the Dasherboard is for the "Wild Horse Pass" and not a "space for rent" indicator.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived