NHL PLAYOFF GDT 4/27/10

Lee.

This will sound all Willmorrissy, but if the Guinos make the finals again this year, they have to be the worst team to ever make three straight finals appearances.

Do you have any idea how stupid you sound?

Plus you couldn't be more wrong, the Blues went in 68, 69, and 70 because the NHL rigged it so the new teams would get to the Final no matter what. They were swept every single time.

Actually, yeah. That's why I prefaced my statement with "This will sound all Willmorrissy" :grin:

It's not that stupid. If they make the finals, it will mean that they've made it three years in a row as no better than a 4 seed.

They were a 2 seed two years ago.

oBIgzrL.png

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little poetic justice for many Capitals fans and their "Kovalchoke" comments. Although in the East, all three division winners are gone. It's the Conference of choke.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

This will sound all Willmorrissy, but if the Guinos make the finals again this year, they have to be the worst team to ever make three straight finals appearances.

Plus you couldn't be more wrong, the Blues went in 68, 69, and 70 because the NHL rigged it so the new teams would get to the Final no matter what. They were swept every single time.

Actually, yeah. That's why I prefaced my statement with "This will sound all Willmorrissy" :grin:

It's not that stupid. If they make the finals, it will mean that they've made it three years in a row as no better than a 4 seed.

dammit you caught me. I posted that before I could check and then I tried to edit it afterwards, but you got me. I'm not doing so hot right now. I'm going to sit a few plays out.

PvO6ZWJ.png

It's the Conference of choke.

In fairness, some people do get off on that kind of thing.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

dammit you caught me. I posted that before I could check and then I tried to edit it afterwards, but you got me. I'm not doing so hot right now. I'm going to sit a few plays out.

Doesn't matter. You're not entirely wrong in saying they're the worst team to make the finals three years in a row. They weren't all that good last year, they just got hot at the right time (and DAMN were they hot), and this year they've been looking alittle shaky the whole year. Out of the past three the most legitimate one was two years ago when they were a point out of first in the east and blowing through the first three rounds sweep, five, and five. Then they were outcoached and outplayed by a tough veteran team in the end.

oBIgzrL.png

Archived