Local High School Football Uniforms

Chapeeko

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's what a top notch team in Texas looks like (Katy Tigers):

They're kind of a big deal.

Yeah... Let me know when Katy is featured nationally in a commercial during the Orange Bowl...

Cool... and you can let me know when Trinity wins 6 state championships!

oh man this is a good argument

Sehome Mariners (Bellingham, WA)...

2844995488_420a3e22a0.jpg

2844995702_4243ba3e5d.jpg

Wow, interesting helmet for the odd placement of the anchor decal.

Reminds me of old Brazosport High School who are the Exporters and used an anchor on their helmets as well.

FsQiF2W.png

Figured I might as well post the teams that are from here in the Utah Valley.

Payson Lions - Payson, UT

(sorry the view is so zoomed out, this is unfortunately the best pic they have on the school's website)

Picture-112.jpg

The team in jade green is Payson, and the team in white is the Timpanogos Timberwolves (Orem, UT)

Spanish Fork Dons - Spanish Fork, UT

7c0ad913-0db2-511a-817c-8de339c848c3.preview-300.jpg

1922787.jpg

nearly a complete kncokoff of Ohio State, with the exceptions being the sleeve stripes on the homes and the interlocking SF (exactly like the Giants) on the front fo the jersey.

Springville Red Devils - Springville, UT

1923051.jpg

15339.jpg

The Red Devils have, in my mind, the most unique helmet design in the state. It features a pitchfork coming towards the front of the helmet, a design that I have honestly never seen anywhere else.

Provo Bulldogs - Provo, UT

100809-PREP_FB-004-web.jpg

60336198.jpg

a very clean and classic design. the team used to have a white block "P" on thier helmets, but dropped them last year I believe.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Maple Mountain Golden Eagles - Mapleton, UT

100509_MapleMtnFootball_1a.jpg

The logo is pretty nice in my opinion, i'm very glad to see a school in Utah that went original with it's logo (I hate to admit it, but Utah, as a whole, is one of the worst offenders in using professional or collegiate logos for high schools. Very few are original.)

Salem Hills Skyhawks - Salem, UT

2c2fa6f3-12aa-5ec0-bdd7-51f4f182c643.preview-300.jpg

13274594.jpg

(Sorry for more bad quality pics) Salem Hills's Navy and Powder Blue color combo is suprisingly unique to the state, as it is a comination few schools here have. therefore, the Skyhawks usually stand out more than others.

American Leadership Academy Eagles - Spanish Fork, UT

8525_1163723811785_1188558503_30549609_57676_n.jpg

15733_1283758573742_1223451670_30857833_4497631_n.jpg

Though not consistent between the home and away uniforms, the Eagles still have a pretty solid look. Thier homes I think are one of the best in the state. They have been, however, prone to change often. In thier five year history, they have changed uniforms three times.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

The logo is pretty nice in my opinion, i'm very glad to see a school in Utah that went original with it's logo (I hate to admit it, but Utah, as a whole, is one of the worst offenders in using professional or collegiate logos for high schools. Very few are original.)

I kinda feel sorry for that kid.

I kinda feel sorry for that kid.

Well, they did go winless this season so you feeling sorry for him is perfectly fitting :P

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

Here is some shots from Detroit ZCatholic Central (MI) in action, 2nd photo is against their arch rival Brother Rice (Birmingham, MI) the last is Inkster (mi) which features Micigan QB Devin Gardner adainst Gibralter, MI (Carlson)which is a colts knockoff

112709stevenson2.jpg

IMG_2654.jpg

devin+gardner.jpg

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

1922787.jpg

At least they got the pants to match. Something that even Ohio State themselves can't manage to do.

A high school by me also uses an Ohio State knockoff except they replaced red with green. Dublin Scioto High School in Dublin, Ohio

6a00e5503060a388330133f36b7d7d970b-500pi.jpg

2003helmet.jpg

Incidentally, it's one of my favorite football uniforms on any level.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Loving this thread. Ill try to get some pics of my alma mater and the teams in their league. As well as some of the good schools in my area. I have always loved high school unis. Love the unique helmet logos and unique logo positions.

oregonsig.png

1922787.jpg

At least they got the pants to match. Something that even Ohio State themselves can't manage to do.

A high school by me also uses an Ohio State knockoff except they replaced red with green. Dublin Scioto High School in Dublin, Ohio

6-1256357196_1029scioto.jpg

Incidentally, it's one of my favorite football uniforms on any level.

That green and silver looks awesome. One of the most underused color schemes in sports. Even the Philadelphia eagles barely use it now.

Springville Red Devils - Springville, UT

1923051.jpg

15339.jpg

The Red Devils have, in my mind, the most unique helmet design in the state. It features a pitchfork coming towards the front of the helmet, a design that I have honestly never seen anywhere else.

In the 1960s the Northwest Louisiana State Deamons wore an upward thrusting pitchfork on their helmetts:

ACCvNELouisanna64-vi.jpg

They also wore them on their sleeves:

HrapmanKenny2-vi.jpg

Springville's downward thrusting fork is better, however.

FsQiF2W.png

Well, here isn't anything too special, but here's Kanab High's football uniforms, circa 2003 (my last year in HS), also in the 2A state semifinals. I remember this game; I was #59, somewhere on the sideline. it was against Juan Diego, a private Catholic school in the Salt Lake area, if I'm not mistaken. For some reason, these private schools play the smaller rural schools before going up a class, despite being able to recruit around the country for some of the best HS football players.

Kanab is in red/white, Juan Diego in Navy/Silver/Teal (number outlines):

sou_flag_0725~1.jpg

This is their whites, from the next year:

brown1207.jpg

And the red (unfortunately, all red):

4883691.jpg

And a good side view of the helmet logo.

And, in about 2007 or 2008, they went to this:

(Whites):

Kanab-Football.jpg

(Reds):

15546907.jpg

About the only good thing about those recent jerseys are the white helmets. Everything else is off, and black is slowly creeping its way in. I wished they kept the silver trim a little more, or even went back to light blue trim (from the early 80s). And no, I can't seem to find a picture of those, though the baseball team has worn it as trim recently:

StateChamps2009.jpg

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

And, in about 2007 or 2008, they went to this:

(Whites):

Kanab-Football.jpg

Ah, the San Juan Broncos (team in blue)!! My dad used to teach there, and I lived eight years in Blanding. Huge Bronco fan. I remember them playing Kanab many times haha, those were some good games! Kanab was always a tough opponent.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

Archived