World Cup 2010 sigs - *All 32 teams*

lost_limey

Well, as I'm back, I thought I'd ease in to making concepts by starting small with some forum signatures for the upcoming FIFA World Cup in South Africa. I plan on having all teams done in a week or two. Here's what I have so far, all of groups A through G (Although C through G are in later posts due to how this board handles images)

SOUTH AFRICA

SouthAfrica.png

MEXICO

Mexico.png

URUGUAY

Uruguay.png

FRANCE (Wrong crest, sorry)

France.png

GROUP B

ARGENTINA

Argentina.png

NIGERIA

Nigeria.png

KOREA REPUBLIC

KoreaRepublic.png

GREECE

Greece.png

Next Up: GROUP D (Germany, Australia, Serbia, Ghana)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are nice but I have a suggestion on the South African one. Maybe shrink the crest a tad it kinda looks out of place.

I'll for sure be rocking the Netherlands one when you come around to Group E.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

They are nice but I have a suggestion on the South African one. Maybe shrink the crest a tad it kinda looks out of place.

I'll for sure be rocking the Netherlands one when you come around to Group E.

Agreed. HUP HUP

these look nice. maybe limit the detail on the more intricate logos, cleans them up a bit? or not...they look good now too

73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

29, 30, 31, 36, 39, 44, 61, 62, 65, 66, 67, 96, 10

Well you havent lost any of your talent in the time youve been absent. Really good.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Sigs are a nice easy test bed though.

That's a consequence of deciding on a standard height for all the sigs. South Africa happens to be the exception right now, as they have a crest that's wider than it is tall. If I add any other wide crests, the Bafana Bafana will look less out of place. Of course, if I don't have any more wide crests, I may well come back and re-edit this to a smaller height. I do think I have to realign the years better, but 3 tournaments isn't a friendly number to work with.

these look nice. maybe limit the detail on the more intricate logos, cleans them up a bit? or not...they look good now too

What detail do you think I should limit? The most intricate logo so far is definitely Mexico's, and I think the intricacy helps with the semi-watermark effect in the backdrop to the text.

Also, in case you hadn't noticed, I added sigs for Group B. Next u is Group C, which has both England & USA and so is the most important group for me!

They helped a little bit, taantamus, but I meant the version on the jersey in the white shield, as I've unfortunately, extremely jaggily included above in my refresh of the Algeria & Slovenia sigs.

Serbia made it in 2006 when they were joined up with Montenegro but Group D is very nice now onto Group E. :D

Group E should be here by tomorrow morning. And the Serbia one has all three post-breakup World Cup qualifications, even though they were all under different names

1998: FR Yugoslavia

2006: Serbia & Montenegro

2010: Serbia

I wasn't sure if I should include pre-breakup Yugoslavia qualifiers, just Serbia qualifiers or what. that's the issue with some of these Balkan states (Germany/West Germany too, but they consider themselves on entity so it was simpler)

Serbia made it in 2006 when they were joined up with Montenegro but Group D is very nice now onto Group E. :D

Group E should be here by tomorrow morning. And the Serbia one has all three post-breakup World Cup qualifications, even though they were all under different names

1998: FR Yugoslavia

2006: Serbia & Montenegro

2010: Serbia

I wasn't sure if I should include pre-breakup Yugoslavia qualifiers, just Serbia qualifiers or what. that's the issue with some of these Balkan states (Germany/West Germany too, but they consider themselves on entity so it was simpler)

I'd personally take the pre-breakup Yugoslavia qualifiers as part of Serbia, as I associate Serbia with Yugoslavia more than say Croatia or Slovenia.

6fQjS3M.png

I'd personally take the pre-breakup Yugoslavia qualifiers as part of Serbia, as I associate Serbia with Yugoslavia more than say Croatia or Slovenia.

I do as well, but the former Yugoslavia was represented by players from various regions of that country so I'm not sure it's entirely fair to lump them together as older Serbian appearances.

Archived