The Cornucopia of Possible NBA Logo Changes

Discogod

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a link to the Cavs scrimmage tonight against Charlotte: http://www.nba.com/games/20101005/CHACLE/gameinfo.html

The uniforms look a lot nicer at game speed. There was the concern about having a 1 color, solid lane... well, the Cavs added gold to mark the college lane and the pro lane... and it looks awesome.

EDIT: Some pics of the new Cavs team shop:

teamshop_101005_02.jpg

teamshop_101005_04.jpg

They should sell Dan Gilbert breakup letters.

I really miss the Blue Jays-style veins a lot. Those single-color numbers really blow. Now they don't match the scripts or the side panels! Awful.

Memphis really should've gone with brown/columbia when it was in style around 2004 or so. Blown opportunity for the organization to distinguish itself.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Watching the Celtics preseason game at New Jersey...the new Adidas uniforms have a green outline around the white numbers...and the outline is much darker than the green of the jersey, making the outline look almost black...which looks really weird, IMO. BTW, the wordmark is most definitely larger now.

Watching the Celtics preseason game at New Jersey...the new Adidas uniforms have a green outline around the white numbers...and the outline is much darker than the green of the jersey, making the outline look almost black...which looks really weird, IMO. BTW, the wordmark is most definitely larger now.

The roads look absolutely miserable. The "green" outline is awful, and the "CELTICS" is huge. Horrible job, Adidas. You ruined one of the best uniforms in sports.

did Memphis just have to change the numbers because of the new mesh fabric used on them? I guess I could accept that as long as there was a justified reason behind it

Knowing how the numbers are constructed, I think they possibly could have made it work with the blue inline, but I don't know with any certainty the production limits of the company that makes the numbers.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

did Memphis just have to change the numbers because of the new mesh fabric used on them? I guess I could accept that as long as there was a justified reason behind it

Knowing how the numbers are constructed, I think they possibly could have made it work with the blue inline, but I don't know with any certainty the production limits of the company that makes the numbers.

I wonder if they could have simply dyed it in there, or printed it on.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I watched the Clippers/Warriors highlights and both uniforms are awful. The Warriors are well discussed; the fronts are unique, but look ridiculous in game action since from most TV camera views you cannot read the front numbers and the circle just becomes distracting. The Clippers made a poor choice on the number font and the Los Angeles script is too low on the front.

100810_Blake.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I watched the Clippers/Warriors highlights and both uniforms are awful. The Warriors are well discussed; the fronts are unique, but look ridiculous in game action since from most TV camera views you cannot read the front numbers and the circle just becomes distracting. The Clippers made a poor choice on the number font and the Los Angeles script is too low on the front.

100810_Blake.jpg

Agreed. At first, I really didn't mind it too much. But now, the more that I look at it, the more that I dislike it. They really made a mistake when it came to that part, which is sad because it'd be really easy to fix.

That being said, it's still worlds better than what the Warriors are wearing.

Pretty good look at the new jerseys: http://www.nba.com/n...0/presskit.html

Interesting to note that all jerseys are road uniforms, except for the Heat. Maybe they're switching to red as their new road?

Charlotte's uniform material is much different, judging by the picture.

And wasn't Miami supposed to switch to the red as their road last season?

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Archived