The Cornucopia of Possible NBA Logo Changes

Discogod

Pretty good look at the new jerseys: http://www.nba.com/n...0/presskit.html

Interesting to note that all jerseys are road uniforms, except for the Heat. Maybe they're switching to red as their new road?

Charlotte's uniform material is much different, judging by the picture.

And wasn't Miami supposed to switch to the red as their road last season?

I do not remember but I think the red should stay as the alternate as the red jersey has usually always been an alternate for Miami.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty good look at the new jerseys: http://www.nba.com/n...0/presskit.html

Interesting to note that all jerseys are road uniforms, except for the Heat. Maybe they're switching to red as their new road?

Charlotte's uniform material is much different, judging by the picture.

And wasn't Miami supposed to switch to the red as their road last season?

I think all the uniforms with pinstripes i.e Charlotte, New Orleans and Orlando are different templates- Charlotte solid without mesh and NO and Orlando solid mesh

Since everyone seems to like my spin on the GST primary, I got inspired to put this lil guy together:

th_myGST_2010-11_wall.jpg

reminds me of our good ol' pal, Patchez (who apparently has disappeared?) ;)

He's gonna be pissed that you have the same embroidery brush for CorelDraw that he's got, dude. He made a name for himself using a pre-made product that he wouldn't tell people the name of.

Lee... Exhibit A

1sigHawks-1.png

2sigHawks.gif

Blog: Cavaliers' new alternate jerseys recall the Shawn Kemp era

Published: Friday, October 08, 2010

By Howard Primer

HPrimer@News-Herald.com

It's as if Conan O'Brien played "If They Mated" with the Cavaliers' uniforms.

In the past few years, the Cavaliers have recalled old designs for their Cavsfanatic alternate jerseys, including the orange uniforms of the mid-1980s and the Daugherty-Price-Nance blues that followed. Last year's featured those designs, but with a wine-and-gold color scheme.

The one place they surely would never go is the mid-1990s orange-light blue-black scheme, aka the paint-brush uniforms. But they did. Oh yes, they did.

According to the uniform pages on the NBA's media website, that's the theme for this year's third jerseys. Unfortunately, the image is so small and so low-resolution that I couldn't attach it here, and the uniform hasn't been officially unveiled yet. But here's a description:

The design is from the dark blue alternate jerseys the Cavs have worn since 2005-06, the ones they usually wear for road games in the playoffs, except the colors are vintage Brevin Knight.

The dark blue is replaced by black. The letters and numbers are white. The side piping is light blue, and the red, blue and gold bars are replaced by orange, white and light blue ("Gund Arena blue," if you will).

Brings back memories of Shawn Kemp, doesn't it?

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

The design is from the dark blue alternate jerseys the Cavs have worn since 2005-06, the ones they usually wear for road games in the playoffs, except the colors are vintage Brevin Knight.

The dark blue is replaced by black. The letters and numbers are white. The side piping is light blue, and the red, blue and gold bars are replaced by orange, white and light blue ("Gund Arena blue," if you will).

Brings back memories of Shawn Kemp, doesn't it?

That's actually not nearly as bizarre as I was expecting. I sort of knew (from posters around here) that there was going to be some sort of nod to those 90's uis, but I was imagining the same uniform structure and wordmark from that era, with current (red/yellow) colors, which I was expecting to look hideous.

The description of what it's actually going to be seems quite tame to me, especially with it being mainly black. I think it's hard to make a black basketball jersey look too zany or wierd. It seems like a decent look, as long as they don't overwear it. But then again, it is the Cavs ...

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Watching the Knicks/Celtics home preseason game right now, and, THANKFULLY, it appears as if the trim on the numbers will NOT be the orange-white-blue combination. Instead, the numbers are as shown from the original leak of the Knicks' Revolution 30 uniforms of orange-blue-white. Great news, indeed.

"The true New Yorker secretly believes that anyone living anywhere else has got to be, in some sense, kidding."

Watching the Knicks/Celtics home preseason game right now, and, THANKFULLY, it appears as if the trim on the numbers will NOT be the orange-white-blue combination. Instead, the numbers are as shown from the original leak of the Knicks' Revolution 30 uniforms of orange-blue-white. Great news, indeed.

I'm willing to bet that the equipment manager accidentally slapped some road jersey numbers onto some home shirts.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Apparently the Blazers wore their Rip City uniforms Monday night in their preseason game at the historic Memorial Coliseum...

95e9529557a74fa4864c6b946a754275.jpg

I was under the impression they were just for last year's 40th Anniversary season? Perhaps they just wore them for the MC's 50th Anniversary?

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Now as for the CavFanatic jersey in 2010-11...

CavsFanatic20102011.jpg

Damn it Cavaliers!

To be honest... I think this looks better than the originally colored alt uniform.

I think those colors definitely have an appeal to it. I just wish they would let the "CavFanatic" theme exist in the Team Shop on not be worn on the court.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Paul mentioned this earlier in the week but the Hornets wore a special gulf clean up jersey in a pre-season game.

This is the uniform in question and is similar to the current road jersey...

HornetsGulfCleanUp.jpg

by similar do you mean the exact same, except with the patch?

actually the pinstripes look different, but I find it odd that they would change the pinstripes just for this gulf clean up patch jersey. Is this the new pinstripe pattern?

Paul mentioned this earlier in the week but the Hornets wore a special gulf clean up jersey in a pre-season game.

HornetsGulfCleanUp.jpg

actually the pinstripes look different, but I find it odd that they would change the pinstripes just for this gulf clean up patch jersey. Is this the new pinstripe pattern?

They've eliminated the purple pinstripes, so now it goes gold-white-gold-white.

HornetsGulfCleanUp.jpg

They've eliminated the purple pinstripes, so now it goes gold-white-gold-white.

According to the uniform specs, the road uniforms still have purple pinstripes so I do not know if that needs to be changed...

Looking at those pics on the NBA Rev 30 presskit page, what the hell is the point of the mesh numbers on some of those uniforms other than to back-up the gimmick? The mesh part on the front of the Blazers' & Raptors' jerseys is so small that it cannot possibly do anything for them.

I love the old Alt template that the Cavs are using again, and I love the colors(always have)...but they don't work together at all. Hopefully in person they'll look better, but on-screen they seem like a baaaaaad idea.

Looking at those pics on the NBA Rev 30 presskit page, what the hell is the point of the mesh numbers on some of those uniforms other than to back-up the gimmick? The mesh part on the front of the Blazers' & Raptors' jerseys is so small that it cannot possibly do anything for them.

I love the old Alt template that the Cavs are using again, and I love the colors(always have)...but they don't work together at all. Hopefully in person they'll look better, but on-screen they seem like a baaaaaad idea.

the mesh in the numbers is to make the numbers 50% lighter compared to the tackle twill numbers according to adidas

Archived