The Cornucopia of Possible NBA Logo Changes

Discogod

Looking at those pics on the NBA Rev 30 presskit page, what the hell is the point of the mesh numbers on some of those uniforms other than to back-up the gimmick? The mesh part on the front of the Blazers' & Raptors' jerseys is so small that it cannot possibly do anything for them.

I love the old Alt template that the Cavs are using again, and I love the colors(always have)...but they don't work together at all. Hopefully in person they'll look better, but on-screen they seem like a baaaaaad idea.

the mesh in the numbers is to make the numbers 50% lighter compared to the tackle twill numbers according to adidas

And the team names and player names, both of which are larger and heavier than the numbers, are still tackle-twill. Gimmick.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at those pics on the NBA Rev 30 presskit page, what the hell is the point of the mesh numbers on some of those uniforms other than to back-up the gimmick? The mesh part on the front of the Blazers' & Raptors' jerseys is so small that it cannot possibly do anything for them.

I love the old Alt template that the Cavs are using again, and I love the colors(always have)...but they don't work together at all. Hopefully in person they'll look better, but on-screen they seem like a baaaaaad idea.

the mesh in the numbers is to make the numbers 50% lighter compared to the tackle twill numbers according to adidas

And the team names and player names, both of which are larger and heavier than the numbers, are still tackle-twill. Gimmick.

NBA jerseys weigh a ton. Any weight you can take out is a legit improvement in my opinion. The team names and player names have much less mass to them than the numbers do. The lettering is nearly always smaller and thinner than the numbers, thus it wouldn't be feasible to make them mesh; there wouldn't be enough of it to make a difference/justify the added production cost is my best guess.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

It sucks what Adidas has done to the uniforms, it seems like everything has gone extremely generic, as a Celtics fan I was disappointing to see that the new warm ups no longer have the player name inside of the block as they have had since the Bird era.

It sucks what Adidas has done to the uniforms, it seems like everything has gone extremely generic, as a Celtics fan I was disappointing to see that the new warm ups no longer have the player name inside of the block as they have had since the Bird era.

adidas just sends the teams blank garments. The numbers and lettering are put on by the equipment managers, so I don't think your blame for that lies with adidas.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Could this possibly be what the Cavaliers alternate looks like?

It got my attention on the Cavaliers site.

Although there's no real way to tell, they're just woman's fashion jerseys. There's a navy one too.

1000004388_710_lg.jpg1000004388_410_lg.jpg

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Although there's no real way to tell, they're just woman's fashion jerseys. There's a navy one too.

The navy looks like :censored:. The gold doesn't look terrible, but they ruined it with the side panels.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

The navy looks like :censored:. The gold doesn't look terrible, but they ruined it with the side panels.

All the women's jerseys have the 3-stripe side panels, league-wide as far as I know. The Cavs do not have an alternate yet.

Hey Delux, are the "Utah Jazz" on the endlines yellow (like in your rendering) or wood-stained? From the angle in your photo, it looks like it's the same color as the floor...but I'll trust what you have in the rendering.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

NBA jerseys weigh a ton.

Really? Did you forget the sarcasm smiley? NBA jerseys are ridiculously heavy? C'mon man... most of the players in the NBA are muscle-bound freaks that weigh over 200 lbs. I doubt they're really complaining about a jersey that weighs three pounds at most.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Hey Delux, are the "Utah Jazz" on the endlines yellow (like in your rendering) or wood-stained? From the angle in your photo, it looks like it's the same color as the floor...but I'll trust what you have in the rendering.

Unfortunately, yellow. I was looking forward to the two-tone look that was projected a few weeks back.

ujsignature.png

NBA jerseys weigh a ton.

Really? Did you forget the sarcasm smiley? NBA jerseys are ridiculously heavy? C'mon man... most of the players in the NBA are muscle-bound freaks that weigh over 200 lbs. I doubt they're really complaining about a jersey that weighs three pounds at most.

I bet they are. Well, were. Now they're complaining about jerseys that weigh two pounds at most.

Archived