The Cornucopia of Possible NBA Logo Changes

Discogod

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

T'wolves shouldn't have ditched the green. I didn't like the way their unis were before either, but getting rid of the green was a downgrade.

Also, the new Jazz court looks great on TV in my opinion. The green and blue contrast better than I thought they would.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Has anyone here seen the new Hornet's yellow alternates?

You mean these?

5020073814_4c1311d1ef_b.jpg

Does anyone have a pic of the patch on the Orlando Magic home jerseys they are wearing today?

AMAZING. But taking a look through this thread seems NBA 2K11 got a lot of things wrong.

Has anyone here seen the new Hornet's yellow alternates?

You mean these?

5020073814_4c1311d1ef_b.jpg

Does anyone have a pic of the patch on the Orlando Magic home jerseys they are wearing today?

AMAZING. But taking a look through this thread seems NBA 2K11 got a lot of things wrong.

2K's jerseys never look right but with a lot of the games they get early sample designs to fit them in to the deadline of the games development and there are usually some changes before the release or the templates don't often dipict how the uniforms look in real life. Takes last years collars for the hornets it was more a square v-neck in real life but the template was more curved. This year its more closer to the template style.

5e0bb8848aec2804e6a3536aa76aab3a-getty-90043332lm033_grizzlies_hornets.jpg last year

hre3f3qi4ajkioqq5v7q3nu5k.gif last years template

4cc0612915abc8814a5e703aa4ed9737-getty-103888928cg015_milwaukee_bu.jpg this year

The T-Wolves jerseys, while still horrible and WNBA-like on the computer, look much better this year in the new adidas style on the players. Not great, not even good, but better. I hope the Black jersey improves upon that look because it looks decent on the computer. As others have said, that Hornets alt is slick. Bothers me that the collar and center stripe seem to be different colors though, as that is different than the other jerseys.

Hornets' alt looks better in real life than on the template. Interesting that the alt uses the new mesh fabric when the regular home/roads don't (apparently it wouldn't work with the pinstripes).

Actually, looking through NBA 2K11, I noticed the uniforms are actually correct. They have all the new collars correct. The only thing I know for sure is their missing some alternates and the new Cavaliers court design. And the Magic Arena issue as previously posted.

Hornets' alt looks better in real life than on the template. Interesting that the alt uses the new mesh fabric when the regular home/roads don't (apparently it wouldn't work with the pinstripes).

Actually, that's not the new mesh fabric. If you take a look at the jerseys here, you can see the difference. It looks very similar, but the pinstriped jerseys allegedly use the same flatback mesh material as before, even if the grid pattern of the mesh looks just like the new fabric. The biggest difference you'll see is that the pinstriped jerseys have the mesh holes all over the garment, while the other jerseys have a distinct pattern of solid 'bands' running across them where there aren't any perforations. The other difference is that you can see how the inside of the pinstriped fabric is white, because the pinstripes are sublimated (basically printed on and permanently transferred to the fabric via heat), while the fabric of the solid color jerseys is colored on the inside, because it's knit from colored thread.

I feel like they could have inlaid the pinstripes like they did the stripes on the front of Portland's jersey, but what do I know. I also feel like if they recreated Portland's numbers as they were before the switchover, they could have made the Hawks' and Grizzlies' numbers work as they were as well.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Is it my imagination, or are the Celtics' letters on the front of the jersey noticably larger this year than they were last year?

It seems that the slight increase in the size of the lettering combined with the more fitted cut of the new jerseys have made the 'CELTICS' chest insignia look noticeably larger.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I'm ready to see Dwight Howard & Co. in the black w/ pinstripe look. The Magic need to hurry up and "officially" release them.

I feel like the only reason NBA teams wait 1/4 to 1/2 the season to release their alternate jerseys is to bamboozle fans into buying the current sets(home and/or away) in the begining of the season. Then in turn by releasing the alternate jersey midway through the season you have those same diehard/casual fans purchase another jersey(about $200 worth of jersey that season- If you buy the Adidas Rev30's, not authentics). :therock:

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

I swear 2K11 has everything right. I remember playing on release day and being blown away that they get the updated collars and jersey material for every team. 2K Sports really cares about making their game as real to the present day NBA as possible.

The only thing they got wrong completely were the new courts, which is apparently the NBA's fault. I read from a 2K guy that the NBA gave them the "official" Cavaliers court, which turned out to be bogus as it definitely does not have a blue key.

bSLCtu2.png

I really don't like the Hornets' alt. The yellow just seems to clash too much. Its a nice shock to the system but its not a good shock.

The Timberwolves' I don't think is any surprise. Excluding the green really is a let down in the color scheme.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Actually, looking through NBA 2K11, I noticed the uniforms are actually correct. They have all the new collars correct. The only thing I know for sure is their missing some alternates and the new Cavaliers court design. And the Magic Arena issue as previously posted.

The Nuggets collars are incorrect.

I swear 2K11 has everything right. I remember playing on release day and being blown away that they get the updated collars and jersey material for every team. 2K Sports really cares about making their game as real to the present day NBA as possible.

The only thing they got wrong completely were the new courts, which is apparently the NBA's fault. I read from a 2K guy that the NBA gave them the "official" Cavaliers court, which turned out to be bogus as it definitely does not have a blue key.

Yeah, that definitely had to come from someone outside 2K. Clips I've seen of NBA Jam have the same floor as what they have on 2K11.

Anyone else notice the Knicks seem to have slightly tweaked their secondary "subway token" logo? It's very minor, but it appears that they have dropped the blue/gray outline and they seem to have widened the space between the letters and the edge of the orange background. I wonder if this version of the logo will make it onto the jerseys or anywhere else other than their website.

Pic taken from their official website:

2dgndqv.png

• 2 weeks later...

Archived