The Cornucopia of Possible NBA Logo Changes

Discogod

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had the opportunity to speak with Orlando Magic CEO Bob Vander Weide(really nice guy) last night after the Magic/Grizzlies game, and he told me the Magic will be debuting their Black-Alternate jersey in mid-January. He didn't tell me the exact night but he did say it would be for a nationally televised game. If I had to guess...I would say the Jan. 17 game against the Boston Celtics on TNT.

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

I had the opportunity to speak with Orlando Magic CEO Bob Vander Weide(really nice guy) last night after the Magic/Grizzlies game, and he told me the Magic will be debuting their Black-Alternate jersey in mid-January. He didn't tell me the exact night but he did say it would be for a nationally televised game. If I had to guess...I would say the Jan. 17 game against the Boston Celtics on TNT.

Debuting a new black jersey on MLK day? Makes sense to me.

I kid, I kid.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Debuting a new black jersey on MLK day? Makes sense to me.

I kid, I kid.

Wow...I didn't even think of that. :P

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

Anyone else notice the Knicks seem to have slightly tweaked their secondary "subway token" logo? It's very minor, but it appears that they have dropped the blue/gray outline and they seem to have widened the space between the letters and the edge of the orange background. I wonder if this version of the logo will make it onto the jerseys or anywhere else other than their website.

Pic taken from their official website:

2dgndqv.png

I also noticed that the knicks have altered the neck striping on their jerseys... it no longer has the "overlap" on the collar. The stripes are now more traditional.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Is it my imagination, or are the Celtics' letters on the front of the jersey noticably larger this year than they were last year?

It seems that the slight increase in the size of the lettering combined with the more fitted cut of the new jerseys have made the 'CELTICS' chest insignia look noticeably larger.

LOL. Speaking of the numbers, the numbers have black threads and I went, breaking tradition? Oh well, a pic.

ept_sports_nba_experts-186828392-1289826590.jpg?ymeUsFEDR_BFtGMu

Is it my imagination, or are the Celtics' letters on the front of the jersey noticably larger this year than they were last year?

It seems that the slight increase in the size of the lettering combined with the more fitted cut of the new jerseys have made the 'CELTICS' chest insignia look noticeably larger.

LOL. Speaking of the numbers, the numbers have black threads and I went, breaking tradition? Oh well, a pic.

ept_sports_nba_experts-186828392-1289826590.jpg?ymeUsFEDR_BFtGMu

I think a close-up has been shown before and it's green thread that looks darker.

This makes no sense to me. Why not roll them out... like... now, that way, the top thing on every teenager in Orlando's Christmas list is a new Dwight Howard black jersey? Maybe there is a marketing angle I don't see here, but I'd think you'd want as much excitement for your brand as possible during the biggest shopping time of the year.

So..is it me or are teams not wearing their alternates

I know the raptors have yet to wear their black jerseys this season.

I've noticed the same thing. The only thing I've seen close to a team wearing an alternate/throwback this season is the Lakers in their home whites.

Its a cool uniforms but like all T-Wolves uniforms nowadays it needs more green. Still... thats not a bad black alt.

I thought the NBA frowned on new black uniforms? I guess with Orlando and now Minnesota they are lightening up on that?

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Its a cool uniforms but like all T-Wolves uniforms nowadays it needs more green. Still... thats not a bad black alt.

I thought the NBA frowned on new black uniforms? I guess with Orlando and now Minnesota they are lightening up on that?

I think it's because with those two teams, black is a major color in their color combination. A primary color.

I think the only team that really was "in trouble" for having a black jersey was the Jazz, because it was the most egregious case of black-for-black-sake in the NBA.

I am sort of disappointed that my Wizards never got to don a black jersey (and they are changing back to red-white-blue next year). I think a black jersey with white and/or blue and/or gold trim would have looked sweet and unique in the NBA.

I think it's because with those two teams, black is a major color in their color combination. A primary color.

I think the only team that really was "in trouble" for having a black jersey was the Jazz, because it was the most egregious case of black-for-black-sake in the NBA.

I am sort of disappointed that my Wizards never got to don a black jersey (and they are changing back to red-white-blue next year). I think a black jersey with white and/or blue and/or gold trim would have looked sweet and unique in the NBA.

My bad, add Suns and Kings to possible previous offenders.

I think they just don't want teams to have BFBS. So I think as long as it's a significant color in the color palette it's free game?

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

Archived