Sign in to follow this  
Sodboy13

Omaha UFL announces team name, colors

Coach Jeff Jagodzinski has announced on KOZN-AM that the team's name will be the "Omaha Knighthawks," and that the team's colors will be black, silver, and white.

Jagodzinki also alluded to a "Zombie Appreciation Night" at a Knighthawks home game, as a nod to the online movement which attempted to name the team the Zombies.

As was the case in Sacramento, Omaha's team has selected a name which was not one of the given options in its "Name The Team" contest.

I thought the Knight moniker and variants thereof were hockey-exclusive in Omaha.

I thought the Knight moniker and variants thereof were hockey-exclusive in Omaha.

The new PR lists the team as "Nighthawks".

Black, silver, and white...well, there's your "color change;" all they did was drop the lime green and sky blue.

I believe it's actually spelled "Omaha Nighthawks"

Much appreciated on the correction. I was basing the spelling off of the NLL's Rochester Knighthawks.

I would have preferred the alliteration of Nebraska Nighthawks over the Omaha Nighthawks.

I still think they should've gone with Omaha Stylee.

Well, I like the naming tribute to the F-117, but minor point of order to the coach: That bird is not sleek, has a max speed of Mach 0.92, and actually gives you better aerodynamic performance flying backwards.

Wonder if they'll sign JaMarcus Russell since no one saw his career take off either.

Highyo!

I hope its the NIGHThawks as opposed to KNIGHThawks because thats just terribly forced in my opinion.