2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

NEW.ERA

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, last match before the world cup, France loses to China 1-0. On a French island. With their world cup squad.

This result is an unfair indication of France, I watched the game and France was dominant, just couldn't score, which is a problem though...

France shouldn't even be going...

I'm sure the French would be more than happy to pair a cheese for your whine :P

man all these style jackets for the respective teams are nice - except im not too big a fan of turtle necks so that stopped me from getting one.

meh, it's only really a turtleneck when the players wear it and they zip it up all the way. me, i keep the collar down (unpopped?) and don't zip it up, or if I do I zip it half way. can't really tell it's a high collar then.

and EA predicts Spain over Brazil? Blasphemy! How dare they pick such a crazy final!

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

man all these style jackets for the respective teams are nice - except im not too big a fan of turtle necks so that stopped me from getting one.

meh, it's only really a turtleneck when the players wear it and they zip it up all the way. me, i keep the collar down (unpopped?) and don't zip it up, or if I do I zip it half way. can't really tell it's a high collar then.

and EA predicts Spain over Brazil? Blasphemy! How dare they pick such a crazy final!

hmm interesting - still don't think i'll get one - I've already dropped enough green on both USA jerseys and a t-shirt. If anything I'll probably get an England jersey.

Also, last match before the world cup, France loses to China 1-0. On a French island. With their world cup squad.

This result is an unfair indication of France, I watched the game and France was dominant, just couldn't score, which is a problem though...

France shouldn't even be going...

I'm sure the French would be more than happy to pair a cheese for your whine :P

I'd like the give them a shillelagh upside the head...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Drogba could have carried them through the Group Stage but this seriously changes that yeah they have a good team but Drogba made them great.

They can still possibly hang with Portugal to make it out.

Hopefully the Oranje can stay healthy against Hungary tomorrow, I expect Big Burt to play majority subs tomorrow.

EDIT WOW:

French media sources have performed a swift u-turn on the news that Didier Drogba has been ruled out of the World Cup after sustaining a fractured elbow in a friendly. Reports are now suggesting that the striker will undergo minor surgery and return within ten days.

DOH!!!!

Arjen Robben injured his hamstring today in a 6-1 friendly victory over Hungary and he was a sub. He'll stay back in Amsterdam to get his leg re-evaluated and won't fly with the team to South Africa.

He's not ruled out and I just saw the highlights it doesn't look that bad and even if he comes off the bench as a Sub just shows the forward depth this squad has.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Solid win for the US, especially against a really stingy defense in Australia. Definitely didn't seem like players were going 100%, so it was a bit hard to watch at some points.

The ball is crazy though. Schwarzer seemed to have a ton of trouble with it (which I really don't think he should have. He was bobbling little chip shots from 40 yards out). But the ball constantly popped up in the air. I couldn't tell if it was because of player error or the ball is just that hard to keep on the ground. Australia would always try the 1-2 pass on the ground, yet the pass would always be chipped in the air or if the ball was even slightly off the ground the receiving player couldn't control it at all. The US seemed to have a bit less trouble with it, but it's got me worried.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Buddle did a great job of justifying Bradley bringing him to South Africa...apparently good form doesn't discriminate between the MLS or international ball, since he was doing this on a regular basis for the Galaxy, and is the reason why he's here. Seeing as how Altidore is having ankle issues, he could very well be starting or play a VERY important part for the England game. Great to see him stepping up.

Drogba undergoes surgery on arm.

Depending on what the results of the surgery are and how well the recovery goes, Drogba could very well play in the World Cup. I guess it seems like Drogba was too quick to dismiss his chances of playing, and I guess it's good to see that they're trying to get him on the field. Still, can't be a good sign that he'll have to play barely a week after surgery.

Also, not really surprised that Robben got hurt. If anybody was due for an injury during this injury bug, it's him.

Buddle did a great job of justifying Bradley bringing him to South Africa...apparently good form doesn't discriminate between the MLS or international ball, since he was doing this on a regular basis for the Galaxy, and is the reason why he's here. Seeing as how Altidore is having ankle issues, he could very well be starting or play a VERY important part for the England game. Great to see him stepping up.

Depending on what the results of the surgery are and how well the recovery goes, Drogba could very well play in the World Cup. I guess it seems like Drogba was too quick to dismiss his chances of playing, and I guess it's good to see that they're trying to get him on the field. Still, can't be a good sign that he'll have to play barely a week after surgery.

Also, not really surprised that Robben got hurt. If anybody was due for an injury during this injury bug, it's him.

Yeah, Also he was the one that caused the injury on a crossover.

Huntelaar calls it a massive blow and Big Bert says it doesn't look good.

The country

Commentators' kit

Rangers' DaMarcus Beasley looked out of his central Glasgow apartment window in February to see his £65,000 BMW erupt in flames after it was firebombed. At the 2002 World Cup, while preparing to come on as a substitute, he was caught short and solved his dilemma by urinating down his leg. Had he been true to form he could have saved Messrs McCuthbert, McDibble and McGrub the bother.

They gave the world

"All men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." And Spam.

National monument

The Statue of Liberty, still the cheapest way to get inside a woman in New York.

:blink: What the hell? :lol:

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Yeah, Also he was the one that caused the injury on a crossover.

Huntelaar calls it a massive blow and Big Bert says it doesn't look good.

This guy says "Eh, not so bad." Watching the video, doesn't look too bad at all. He'll be playing.

Them's fightin' words!

I really hope the US trolls England. That victory would be so sweet.

Me too, how dare they make fun of spam!

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Good news for rich fans of the US or England! The referee for that match has a history of being a crook, a scoundrel and a shameless bastard taking bribes (allegedly)

Story is here:

http://www.guardian....up-2010-referee

Also Betting Odds for overall WC winner from the UK's Blue Square

4/1 Spain

17/4 Brazil

13/2 Argentina

7/1 England

9/1 Netherlands

14/1 Germany

16/1 Italy

20/1 France

22/1 Portugal

40/1 Cote d'Ivoire

50/1 Serbia

50/1 Chile

66/1 USA

80/1 Paraguay

80/1 Mexico

100/1 Cameroon

100/1 Uruguay

100/1 Ghana

125/1 Denmark

125/1 Australia

125/1 Nigeria

150/1 South Africa

200/1 Korea Republic

200/1 Slovakia

200/1 Switzerland

250/1 Greece

300/1 Slovenia

350/1 Japan

500/1 Algeria

1000/1 Honduras

2000/1 Korea DPR

2000/1 New Zealand

I should throw some money on Serbia and Paraguay also Cameroon is a bargain.

England at 7/1? I guess that's what you get from a UK Book.

Archived