2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

NEW.ERA

This World Cup may be the coming out party for North Korean striker Jong Tae Se. He's known as the Asian Wayne Rooney, and he as promised to score a goal a game for the North Koreans. He's actually from Japan, but gained a North Korean Passport by attending a North Korean School in Japan. Long story short, this guy is really good, and since he's not really North Korean, he can sign a contract to play in Europe. It wont be long till he's a star in Europe.

1zqy8ok.gif

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Jong Tae Se defected from South Korea to the North, not Japan?

He was born in Japan, but his granparents are South Korean. He gave up his South Korean passport to be able to get his North Korean Passport. As far as I know he's never lived in South Korea, only in Japan.

1zqy8ok.gif

I would put a bit on Uruguay at 100-1...Anywho

My Final Predictions

Group Stage

Group A

1. Uruguay 7 points

2. France 5 points

3. Mexico 2 points

4. South Africa 1 points

When the draw came out I though France would win the group, but I've started to lean a little bit towards Uruguay as my tournament sleeper. This is a sneakily tough group, I feel kinda bad for South Africa, for Mexico....not so much.

Group B

1. Argentina 9 points

2. South Korea 4 points

3. Nigeria 2 points

4. Greece 1 point

Argentina should roll in this group IMO, and I have a sneaky suspicion that the South Koreans will come out of the group. I don't feel good about this Nigerian team, and Greece is well...Greece.

Group C

1. England 9 points

2. Slovenia 4 points

3. USA 4 points

4. Algeria 0 points

It hurts to do this, but I do see Slovenia escaping this group on Goal Differential, England should roll, but I think everyone is overestimating Slovenia, and it will come back to bite the US(Sigh.)

Group D

1. Germany 9 points

2. Australia 4 points

3. Ghana 2 points

4. Serbia 1 point

I see Germany winning the group. As for the second team, I was going to take Ghana, but Essien got injured, then I was going to take Serbia, but they can't seem to get their s :censored: t together in the friendlies, so why not Australia. I'll either nail that pick, or be horribly wrong.

Group E

1. Netherlands 9 points

2. Denmark 4 points

3. Cameroon 4 points

4. Japan 0 points

I can't see the Dutch being challenged in this group, and since Mr. Eto'o seems to be losing it, I'll take Denmark as the second team.

Group F

1. Paraguay 7 points

2. Italy 5 points

3. Slovenia 4 points

4. New Zealand 0 points

Italy are slow-starters, and they face Paraguay in the first game...

Group G

1. Brazil 9 points

2. Portugal 4 points

3. Ivory Coast 2 points

4. North Korea 1 point

I'm picking this assuming Drogba will be out, although even if he does play I would still pick Portugal would advance on GD, and why not give a point to North Korea :lol:

Group H

1. Spain 9 points

2. Chile 6 points

3. Switzerland 1 point

4. Honduras 1 point

Not a ton to say abou this one, its fairly straight-forward IMO

Knockout Stage

Round of 16

Uruguay 2-0 South Korea

Fairly easy pick, Forlan and Suarez too much for Korea.

England 2-0 Australia

England struggles, but a Wayne Rooney brace in the second half is enough.

Netherlands 2-1 Italy in Extra Time

A Sneijder free kick in Extra Time elimiated the holders.

Brazil 4-3 Chile

In what I think will be the game of the tournament, Brazil takes the lead 3 different times, only to have Chile respond with a goal of their own 3 times. Luis Fabiano scores in stoppage time to send Brazil through.

Argentina 1-0 France

After a fairly boring first half, Lionel Messi puts Argentina on his back in the second half and leads them into the Quarterfinals.

Germany 2-0 Slovenia

The Germans score two goals in the first 30 minutes, and go into cruise control for the rest of the game.

Paraguay 3-0 Denmark

Paraguay cruises....I have nothing to say about this one.

Spain 3-1 Portugal

Spain takes an early 2-0 lead. Ronaldo scores one early in the second half, and Portugal test Casillas for much of the second half, who holds strong Spain adds one late on to advance.

Quarterfinals

Uruguay 1-1 England, Uruguay win 4-3 on penalties

England appear to be cruising, until an 84th minute goal from Diego Forlan sends the game into Extra Time. England then proceeds to lose in the Quarterfinals....again. On penalties....again.

Netherlands 0-2 Brazil

Brazil advance in a game that was closer than the score indicates.

Argentina 2-0 Germany

A Lionel Messi brace sends Argentina to the Semis.

Paraguay 0-3 Spain

Spain wins fairly easily.

Semifinals

Uruguay 1-3 Brazil

Kaka dominates play as Brazil go back to the final.

Argentina 0-2 Spain

Xavi puts in an other-worldly effort as Spain wins.

Third Place Game

Uruguay 3-4 Argentina

In a game where neither defence really cares Diego Milito and Diego Forlan go goal for goal, each scoring a hat-trick.

The Final

Brazil 0-1 Spain

Pedrito comes off the bench to score in the 75th minute, and win the World Cup for the Spanish.

Golden Ball-Xavi

Golden Boot-Diego Forlan

Yashin Award(Best GK)-Iker Casillas

Young Player Award-Luis Suarez

Now if you excuse me, I need to go get some fresh air ^_^

"His name is Rio, and he watches from the stand..."

(credit to onionbag.com)

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Well, time for my picks.

Group A:

1. France

2. Mexico

3. Uruguay

4. South Africa

I feel bad for South Africa. If it was another group, then they may have a shot to advance, but here... No way. Uruguay and Mexico will fight each other to see who will join France in the Round of 16. As for France, winning this group will go a long way towards proving the world that the French are still a high caliber team, handball or not.

Group B:

1. Argentina

2. Nigeria

3. South Korea

4. Greece

This group is Argentina's to lose. Nigeria may give them the hardest challenge largely because it is in Africa. Should the Super Eagles falter, then South Korea may make a move. Greece will be hard pressed to earn a win, but they may get a draw instead.

Group C:

1. England

2. USA

3. Slovenia

4. Algeria

The England-USA game will set the tone in this group with the winner more then likely being the group winner while the loser will have to fight off a gutsy Slovenia team for 2nd place. Speaking of Slovenia: Should the USA suffer a meltdown after the England game, expect Slovenia to make their move. Algeria will just be happy to be there, if you ask me.

Group D:

1. Ghana

2. Germany

3. Serbia

4. Australia

Injuries are a part of the game, but I haven't seen a team so close to the World Cup so ravaged by the injury bug like Germany has been. This will be key as Ghana takes advantage of a weakened German squad to win Group D despite not having their best player. Serbia and Australia will fight to see who doesn't finish last.

Group E:

1. The Netherlands

2. Cameroon

3. Denmark

4. Japan

Holland blitzed through it's qualifying stage in Europe and the team known for 'Total Football' could more then likely blitz their way through this group as well. The runner-up would be Cameroon, who holds off Denmark, to get in to the Round of 16. Japan will be in last place, but they might pull an upset of Denmark.

Group F:

1. Italy

2. Paraguay

3. Slovakia

4. New Zealand

Italy is the defending champs, and until someone knocks them off, they'll win this group with the famous stout defense the Aizurri employ. Paraguay will finally break through and finish in 2nd place. Slovakia will be a tough out, but will be just short of advancing and New Zealand will be rolled out of South Africa the moment Italy scores their first goal against the Kiwis.

Group G:

1. Portugal

2. Brazil

3. Ivory Coast

4. North Korea

Brazil and Portugal are interchangeable at this point. They are that good. Ivory Coast has a chance to stay in the fight, but that depends on weather or not Drogba can get back in time for their opener against Portugal. As for North Korea... Well, this might be the weakest team in the field... Yep, weaker then New Zealand.

Group H:

1. Spain

2. Chile

3. Switzerland

4. Honduras

The Spanish are just too strong for the other three and they'll run away from the group. Chile, being battle tested and hardened against the likes of Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay, will take 2nd place ahead of a decent Swiss team. Honduras could make a move, but that doesn't seem likely.

Round of 16:

-France def. Nigeria

-England def. Germany

-The Netherlands def. Paraguay

-Spain def. Brazil via penalty kicks

-Argentina def. Mexico

-USA def. Ghana

-Cameroon def. Italy

-Portugal def. Chile

Quarterfinals:

-England def. France

-The Netherlands def. Spain via penalty kicks

-Argentina def. USA

-Portugal def. Cameroon

Semifinals:

-The Netherlands def. England

-Portugal def. Argentina

Third Place Game: Argentina def. England

World Cup Final: The Netherlands 2, Portugal 1

Is your bracket right, Seadragon? I thought teams from the same group were placed on opposite halves of the knockout bracket.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Might as well do some picks here as well.

Group A

Uruguay 7pts

France 7pts

Mexico 3pts

South Africa 0pts

The France v Mexico on the 16th will prove to be the game that ended Mexico's world cup. This group is very underrated after you get by France. Uruguay is the biggest unknown but can play with literally anyone, Mexico can win this group and South Africa could very well easily shock the world. Group closeness B+ Group MVP: F Diego Forlan, URU

Group B

Argentina 9pts

Nigeria 4pts

Greece 2pts

Korea Republic 1pt

After Argentina this group is a crapshoot. Nigeria has a strong group of forwards in Martins and Yakubu, Greece plays beautiful defense and Korea Republic can score but can they score enough to keep up with Nigeria. Group Closeness C+ Group MVP: MF Angel Di Maria, ARG

Group C

USA 7pts

England 5pts

Slovenia 4pts

Algeria 0pts

Is this finally the USA's coming out party more so then 2002. England and the US SHOULD advance but don't count out another feisty Eastern European team in Slovenia who can steal points from both the English and Americans, Algeria is possibly the weakest African side but don't count them out either. Group Closeness A- Group MVP: F Edson Buddle, USA

Group D

Serbia 6pts

Germany 6pts

Ghana 3pts

Australia 3pts

Screw Group G this is my Group of Death. Most close knit group of clubs in the whole World Cup and the only one that has all of it's teams returning from 2006, The Serbs are my darkhorse and will prove that more when the up end Germany, Ghana needs the youth that won them the U-21 World Cup to step up now that Micheal Essian is out and the Aussies can also advance but Tim Cahill needs help. Group Closeness A+

Group E

Netherlands 9pts

Cameroon 4pts

Denmark 4pts

Japan 0pts

After the Dutch things get a little more difficult and of the three behind Holland could advance. Denmark possesses a great style of Football with one of the best keepers in the tournament, Cameroon as Samuel Eto'o but he needs to find his Barca form and Japan has Keisuke Honda get used to seeing this name more often. Group Closeness C- Group MVP: F Robin van Persie, NED

Group F

Paraguay 7pts

Slovakia 5pts

Italy 4pts

New Zealand 0pts

Italy traditional slow starters bring their oldest squad in recent memory and the team that won the whole damn thing four years ago was old, Paraguay just like their neighbors are unknowns when it comes to clubs in South America but trust me they're good, Slovakia killed it in qualifying and could very well upend Italy or Paraguay to advance and New Zealand they're a nice story but stick to Rugby boys Group Closeness B+ Group MVP: F Róbert Vittek, SVK

Group G

Brazil 7pts

Cote d'Ivorie 6pts

Portugal 4pts

Korea DPR 0pts

Strong group but not as strong and close as Group D (North Korea ruins it for me) Brazil is Brazil no need to talk about them, The Ivory Coast will have Drogba in their lineup and good for him as The Coast don't open tournament play till June 15th in the game that will decide 2nd place, Portugal needs CR to show up if he does look out if he doesn't it's a quick tournament for the Portuguese and North Korea possesses the Asian Wayne Rooney but that's all we know. Group Closeness B+ Group MVP: F Luis Fabiano, BRA

Group H

Spain 9pts

Switzerland 6pts

Chile 3pts

Honduras 0pts

After Spain just like Group B it's a crapshoot. Switzerland grind you out and you pay for it after 90 minutes and Alex Frei is a very fun player to watch, Chile will be everyone's darling in this tournament and Honduras the luckiest team of the 32. Game to watch will be Switzerland v Chile on June 21st as that game will probably decide who gets 2nd. Group Closeness B- Group MVP: MF Xavi, ESP

Round of 16

Uruguay 2-2 Nigeria (URU wins on Penalties)

This will be a very fun game to watch but the Charrúas will get the better of the Super Eagles come penalty time.

USA 1-2 Germany

Just like in 2002 these two nations will play a legendary game but I will take the talent of Germany over the Americans.

Netherlands 2-0 Slovakia A.E.T

The Dutch will grind this one out and Slovakia will throw everything they got at the Oranje but it won't be enough.

Brazil 2-1 Switzerland

The Swiss will not be an easy foe for the Brazilians but their offense will be able to cut Switzerland's defense in the end.

Serbia 3-2 England A.E.T

The Serbs break the hearts of 50 Million in England and Millions around the world in Extra Time of course.

Argentina 3-2 France

Lionel Messi gets in on the party taking over this game scoring 2 of the 3 goals that ruin France's tournament only good thing is Raymond Domenach can't ruin Les Blues Quarterfinals.

Paraguay 1-2 Cameroon

Africa's most successful nation gets back to the Quarterfinals and the weight of a continent on their backs.

Spain 4-3 Cote d'Ivorie

In what will be the highest scoring Round of 16 game Spain will out score Didier Drogba and the European Champions move on.

Quarterfinals

Uruguay 1-1 Germany (GER wins on Penalties)

Just like in the Round of 16 Uruguay has to play 120 Minutes and go to penalties and this time they face their toughest opponent but Germany proves to have the better keeper Manuel Neuer though they are both really young.

Netherlands 2-1 Brazil A.E.T

If their is one club that can play with Brazil it's the Dutch who will get a timely goal from substitute Eljero Elia who proves these finals are his coming out party.

Serbia 0-1 Argentina

The Serbs magical journey comes to an end as they run into a team that they just can't keep up with although they will throw everything they have at the Argentinians.

Cameroon 1-3 Spain

Spain breaks the heart of an entire continent as they just prove to much for the Lions.

Semi-Finals

Germany 0-1 Netherlands

What used to be one of the biggest rivalries in all of World Football gets reignited with a spot in the Finals at stake. Dirk Kuyt gets a goal off of a corner in 81st minute that proves to be the end of the Germans

Argentina 2-2 Spain (ESP wins on Penalties)

In what will prove to be the game of the tournament a penalty by Xavi wins the game and sends Spain to the World Cup Final.

Third Place

Argentina 2-1 Germany

Germany again have to settle for a third place game spot but in a game nobody wants to be in Argentina gets a late goal from Angel di Maria

Final

Spain 3-2 Netherlands

In the battle of the two countries that are consider the best never to win the World Cup, Spain will be the France of 1998 and 2000 hold the European Championship and the World Cup at the same time.

Golden Ball- David Villa, Spain

Golden Boot- David Villa, Spain

Yashin Award(Best GK)- Maarten Stekelenburg, Netherlands

Young Player Award- Angel Di Maria, Argentina

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Is your bracket right, Seadragon? I thought teams from the same group were placed on opposite halves of the knockout bracket.

You'd be right, USA-England could only meet again in the final

Robben is a no go for the Netherlands first game against Denmark.

He can miss the group stage that's no problem, he just has to be there come the Knockout Stage.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Nani out for World Cup

Apparently, Nani bruised his collarbone while attempting a bicycle kick during training. There's not even any speculation like there is around Drogba, Nani has been ruled out by Portugal.

All of a sudden, Brazil's road to the Knockout Round just got even easier, and the Ivory Coast's chances of getting a spot in the Knockout Round improves a little bit more, since Portugal will be missing one of their star players as well.

Man, this injury bug is crazy.

La Furia Roja is ready for the World Cup. 6-0 Final over Poland.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived