2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

NEW.ERA

My predictions:

Brasil to win.

Uruguay will beat France.

Cameroon to advance the farthest out of the African teams.

The golden boot winner will not be from Argentina, Brasil, England, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, or Spain.

4592950395_ecb4e14b14_o.png4593568880_52fa798bdd_o.png

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

USA XI

Howard

Demerrit

Onweyu

Bochanegra

Spector

Bradley

Dempsey

Donovan ©

Davies

Altidore

Clark

If Onyewu and Davies are match fit...

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

For Dutch supporters sake lets hope Robben and van Persie can get a long this summer and put their past behind them for the next month.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

hey guys, most of you may not know me as i do not regularly post on this board, but I do check it daily as i really enjoy the discussions you guys have about different logos and what not.

I cannot say how much i am looking forward to the world cup next month in Africa. From prior messages i think alot of you feel the same way. So I was wondering if any of you guys would be interested in taking part in a sort of World Cup pick em, something which i enjoyed doing in 2006 in another forum.

Here are the rules

4 points for picking group winner

2 point for picking second place finisher

1 point if your second place finisher finishes first

You may also pick each game for bonus points:

1 point for correct game outcome (correct winner/draw)

Your groups are due by Thursday, June 10th before the first game kicks off. You must enter these to play.

It is then up to you to PM me the result of each game before the game has started. If I don't get it in, you simply forfeit the bonus point for that match.

Following that, the second round through to the finals will go March Madness Bracket style. Your teams must carry on from your group winner selections, you do not get to reset your final 16 teams.

2 points for correct second round game.

4 points for correct quarterfinal game.

8 points for correct semifinal game.

4 points for correct third place game outcome

16 points for correct finals outcome.

Bonus 10 points for picking the winner of the golden boot (player who score the most goals throughout the tournament)

So, I'll post the groups in a separate thread, that is if i get some positive feedback from you guys and if you are interested in participating.

obviously you have lots of time to make your finals picks so no hurry, but do try and make your picks and pm them to me or email them to me as ku_mistry@hotmail.com. When the tournament kicks off on the 11th I will post everyones picks and from then on i will update the standings each evening after the days play to see who winning and whos not loooking to good.

That will get you through Saturday's action at any rate.

DO NOT POST YOUR CHOICES HERE...PM ME

GROUPS: to be posted soon

MATCHES: to be posted soon

Happy to answer any question you may have

The All Whites have announced their roster:

Goalkeepers: James Bannatyne (Team Wellington), Glen Moss (Melbourne Victory), Mark Paston (Wellington Phoenix)

Defenders: Andy Boyens (New York Red Bulls, United States), Tony Lochhead (Wellington Phoenix), Ryan Nelsen (Blackburn Rovers, England), Winston Reid (Midtjylland, Denmark), Ben Sigmund (Wellington Phoenix), Tommy Smith (Ipswich, England), Ivan Vicelich (Auckland City)

Midfielders: Andy Barron (Team Wellington), Leo Bertos (Wellington Phoenix), Jeremy Brockie (Newcastle Jets), Tim Brown (Wellington Phoenix), Jeremy Christie (Tampa Bay, United States), Aaron Clapham (Canterbury United), Simon Elliott (no club), Michael McGlinchey (Motherwell, Scotland), David Mulligan (no club),

Forwards: Rory Fallon (Plymouth, England). Chris Killen (Middlesbrough, England), Shane Smeltz (Gold Coast United), Chris Wood (West Bromwich Albion, England)

The last chance boys.

Portugal's provisional squad:

Goalkeepers: Beto (Porto), Daniel Fernandes (Iraklis), Eduardo (Braga).

Defenders: Fabio Coentrao (Benfica), Paulo Ferreira (Chelsea), Ricardo Carvalho (Chelsea), Ze Castro (Deportivo La Coruna), Bruno Alves (Porto), Rolando (Porto), Ricardo Costa (Lille), Duda (Malaga), Pepe (Real Madrid), Miguel (Valencia).

Midfielders: Tiago (Atletico Madrid), Deco (Chelsea), Raul Meireles (Porto), Nani (Manchester United), Miguel Veloso (Sporting Lisbon), Pedro Mendes (Sporting Lisbon).

Forwards: Simao Sabrosa (Atletico Madrid), Hugo Almeida (Werder Bremen), Liedson (Sporting Lisbon), Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid), Danny (Zenit St Petersburg).

Rooting for USA of course, I really hope they at least make it out of the group stage. I think if they do that, it can be considered a success.

Other teams: Holland (they are always so fun to watch, but can never get over the hurdle, I hope they do this time); Ivory Coast (fun African team to watch), Germany (something about them...)

Predictions: Spain will win the whole thing, France won't make it out of group, Australia will make it past round of 16

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I'm very hopeful with this squad, lets put the egos aside and just bring back that Total Football.

Also no room for Ruud van Nistelrooy who recently stated he wanted back in the international scene, it just shows how talented the group of forwards is.

Netherlands provisional squad:

Goalkeepers:

Maarten Stekelenburg (Ajax), Sander Boschker (FC Twente), Michel Vorm (FC Utrecht);

Defenders:

Vurnon Anita (Ajax), Khalid Boulahrouz (VfB Stuttgart), Edson Braafheid (Celtic), Giovanni van Bronckhorst (Feyenoord), John Heitinga (Everton), Joris Mathijsen (HSV), Ron Vlaar (Feyenoord), Gregory van der Wiel (Ajax) en André Ooijer (PSV);

Midfielders:

Otman Bakkal (PSV), Mark van Bommel (Bayern Munich), Wout Brama (FC Twente), Orlando Engelaar (PSV), Nigel de Jong (Manchester City), David Mendes da Silva (AZ), Stijn Schaars (AZ), Wesley Sneijder (Inter), Rafael van der Vaart (Real Madrid), Demy de Zeeuw (Ajax) en Ibrahim Afellay (PSV);

Forwards:

Dirk Kuyt (Liverpool), Jeremain Lens (AZ), Eljero Elia (HSV), Ryan Babel (Liverpool), Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (AC Milan), Robin van Persie (Arsenal), Arjen Robben (Bayern Munich).

So excited to see Elia - Remember this name this guy is the future of Dutch football.

Brasil:

Goalkeepers: Julio Cesar (Inter Milan), Doni (Roma), Gomes (Tottenham).

Defenders: Maicon (Inter Milan), Daniel Alves (Barcelona), Michel Bastos (Lyon), Gilberto (Cruzeiro), Lucio (Inter Milan), Juan (Roma), Luisao (Benfica), Thiago Silva (AC Milan).

Midfielders: Gilberto Silva (Panathinaikos), Felipe Melo (Fiorentina), Ramires (Benfica), Elano (Galatasaray), Kaka (Real Madrid), Julio Baptista (Roma), Kleberson (Flamengo), Josue (Wolfsburg).

Forwards: Robinho (Santos), Luis Fabiano (Sevilla), Nilmar (Villarreal), Grafite (Wolfsburg).

*Stunned not to see Pato on the list*

Germany

Goalkeepers: Hans-Jorg Butt, Manuel Neuer, Tim Wiese

Defenders: Per Mertesacker, Heiko Westermann, Philipp Lahm, Jerome Boateng, Andrea Beck, Arne Friedrich, Serdar Tasci, Marcell Jansen, Holger Badstuber, Dennis Aogo.

Midfielders: Michael Ballack, Sami Khedira, Piotr Trochowski, Marko Marin, Bastian Schweinsteiger, Christian Trasch, Mesut Ozil, Toni Kroos.

Forwards: Lukas Podolski, Miroslav Klose, Stefan Kiessling, Cacau, Thomas Muller, Mario Gomez.

Spain

Goalkeepers: Iker Casillas (Real Madrid), David De Gea (Atletico Madrid), Diego Lopez (Villarreal), Jose Reina (Liverpool) Victor Valdes (Barcelona).

Defenders: Raul Albiol (Real Madrid), Alvaro Arbeloa (Real Madrid) Cesar Azpilicueta (Osasuna), Joan Capdevila (Villarreal), Carlos Marchena (Valencia), Gerard Pique (Barcelona), Carles Puyol (Barcelona), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid).

Midfielders: Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid), Sergi Busquets (Barcelona), Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal), Andres Iniesta (Barcelona), Javi Martinez (Athletic Bilbao) Marcos Senna (Villarreal), David Silva (Valencia), Xavi (Barcelona).

Forwards: Santi Cazorla (Villarreal), Jesus Navas (Sevilla), Juan Manuel Mata (Valencia) Pedro Rodriguez (Barcelona), Dani Guiza (Fenerbache) Fernando Llorente (Athletic Bilbao), Alvaro Negredo (Sevilla), Fernando Torres (Liverpool FC) and David Villa (Valencia).

England

GOALKEEPERS: Joe Hart (Manchester City), David James (Portsmouth), Robert Green (West Ham).

DEFENDERS: Leighton Baines (Everton), Jamie Carragher (Liverpool), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Michael Dawson (Tottenham), Rio Ferdinand (Manchester United), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Ledley King (Tottenham), John Terry (Chelsea), Matthew Upson (West Ham), Stephen Warnock (Aston Villa).

MIDFIELDERS: Gareth Barry (Manchester City), Michael Carrick (Manchester United), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Tom Huddlestone (Tottenham), Adam Johnson (Manchester City), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Aaron Lennon (Tottenham), James Milner (Aston Villa), Scott Parker (West Ham), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Manchester City).

FORWARDS: Darren Bent (Sunderland), Peter Crouch (Tottenham), Jermain Defoe (Tottenham), Emile Heskey (Aston Villa), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United).

Japan

GOALKEEPERS: Seigo Narazaki (Nagoya Grampus), Eiji Kawashima (Kawasaki Frontale), Yoshikatsu Kawaguchi (Jubilo Iwata)

DEFENDERS: Yuji Nakazawa (Yokohama F. Marinos), Marcus Tulio Tanaka (Nagoya Grampus), Yuichi Komano (Jubilo Iwata), Daiki Iwamasa (Kashima Antlers), Yasuyuki Konno (FC Tokyo), Yuto Nagatomo (FC Tokyo), Atsuto Uchida (Kashima Antlers)

MIDFIELDERS: Shunsuke Nakamura (Yokohama F. Marinos), Junichi Inamoto (Kawasaki Frontale), Yasuhito Endo (Gamba Osaka), Kengo Nakamura (Kawasaki Frontale), Daisuke Matsui (Grenoble), Yuki Abe (Urawa Reds), Makoto Hasebe (Wolfsburg), Keisuke Honda (CSKA Moscow)

FORWARDS: Keiji Tamada (Nagoya Grampus), Yo :censored:o Okubo (Vissel Kobe), Kisho Yano (Albirex Niigata), Shinji Okazaki (Shimizu S-Pulse), Takayuki Morimoto (Catania).

Slovenia

Goalkeepers: Samir Handanovic (Udinese), Jasmin Handanovic (Mantova), Aleksander Seliga (Sparta Rotterdam), Jan Koprivec (Maribor).

Defenders: Bojan Jokic (Chievo Verona), Marko Suler (Ghent), Bostjan Cesar (Grenoble), Branko Ilic (Lokomotiv Moscow), Matej Mavric (Koblenz), Dejan Kelhar (Cercle Brugge), Elvedin Dzinic (Maribor), Miso Brecko (Cologne), Aleksandar Rajcevic (Koper), Suad Filekovic (Maribor).

Midfielders: Andraz Kirm (Wisla Krakow), Andrej Komac (Maccabi Tel Aviv), Rene Krhin (Inter Milan), Mirnes Sisic (Giannina), Darjan Matic (Rapid Bucharest), Dare Vrsic (Koper), Dalibor Stevanovic (Vitesse Arnhem), Robert Koren (West Bromwich Albion), Aleksander Radosavljevic (Larissa), Valter Birsa (Auxerre).

Forwards: Milivoje Novakovic (Cologne), Zlatko Dedic (VfL Bochum), Zlatan Ljubijankic (Ghent), Nejc Pecnik (Nacional), Miran Burgic (AIK Solna), Tim Matavz (Groningen).

Paraguay

Goalkeepers: Justo Villar (Valladolid/ESP), Aldo Bobadilla (Deportivo Independiente de Medellin/COL), Diego Barreto (Cerro Porteno)

Defenders: Claudio Morel Rodriguez (Boca Juniors/ARG), Denis Caniza (Leon/MEX), Paulo da Silva (Sunderland/ENG), Dario Veron (Pumas UNAM/MEX), Julio Cesar Caceres (Atletico Mineiro/BRA), Julio Manzur (Tigres/ARG), Carlos Bonet (Olimpia), Aureliano Torres (San Lorenzo de Almagro/ARG), Marcos Caceres (Racing/ARG), Antolin Alcaraz (FC Bruges/BEL)

Midfielders: Edgar Barreto (Atalanta/ITA), Cristian Riveros (Cruz Azul/MEX), Osvaldo Martinez (Monterrey/MEX), Victor Caceres (Libertad), Enrique Vera (Liga Deportiva Universitaria de Quito/ECU), Jonathan Santana (Wolfsburg/GER), Sergio Aquino (Libertad), Eduardo Ledesma (Lanus/ARG), Nestor Ortigoza (Argentinos Juniors/ARG), Marcelo Estigarribia (Newell's Old Boys/ARG)

Forwards: Roque Santa Cruz (Manchester City/ENG), Nelson Haedo Valdez (Borussia Dortmund/GER), Oscar Cardozo (Benfica/POR), Edgar Benitez (Toluca/MEX), Lucas Barrios (Borussia Dortmund/GER), Rodolfo Gamarra (Libertad), Jorge Achucarro (Newell's Old Boys/ARG)

Denmark

Goalkeepers: Thomas Sorensen (Stoke City), Stephan Andersen (Brondby), Kim Christensen (IFK Gothenburg) Jesper Christiansen (FC Copenhagen).

Defenders: William Kvist (FC Copenhagen), Simon Kjaer (Palermo), Lars Jacobsen (Everton), Per Kroldup (Fiorentina), Daniel Agger (Liverpool), Patrick Mtigliga (Malaga), Simon Poulsen (AZ Alkmaar), Leon Jesssen (Midtjylland), Anders Christensen (OB Odense).

Midfielders: Martin Jorgensen (AGF Aarhus), Christian Poulsen (Juventus), Jakob Poulsen (AGF Aarhus), Dennis Rommedahl (Ajax Amsterdam), Thomas Kahlenberg (VfL Wolfsburg), Thomas Enevoldsen (FC Groningen), Christian Eriksen (Ajax Amsterdam), Mikkel Beckmann (Randers), Mikkel Thygesen (Midtjylland), Michael Krohn-Dehli (Brondby IF), Daniel Jensen (Werder Bremen), Michael Silbernauer (FC Copenhagen), Jepser Gronkjaer (FC Copenhagen).

Forwards: Jon Dahl Tomasson (Feyenoord), Soren Larsen (Toulouse), Nicklas Bendtner (Arsenal), Morten Rasmussen (Celtic).

Ghana

Goalkeepers: Richard Kingson (Wigan Athletic/ENG), Daniel Agyei (Liberty Professionals), Stephen Ahorlu (Hearts of Lions), Stephen Adams (Aduana Stars)

Defenders: Samuel Inkoom (Basel/SUI), Eric Addo (Roda JC/NED), Jonathan Mensah (Granada/ESP), Lee Addy (Bechem Chelsea), Rahim Ayew (Zamalek/EGY), Hans Sarpei (Bayer Leverkusen/GER), John Mensah (Sunderland/ENG), Isaac Vorsah (Hoffenheim/GER), John Paintsil (Fulham/ENG)

Midfielders: Sulley Muntari (Inter Milan/ITA), Derek Boateng (Getafe/ESP), Anthony Annan (Rosenborg/NOR), Emmanuel Agyemang-Badu (Udinese/ITA), Kwadwo Asamoah (Udinese/ITA), Andre Ayew (Marseille/FRA), Michael Essien (Chelsea/ENG), Stephen Appiah (Bologna/ITA), Haminu Dramani (Lokomotiv Moscow/RUS), Quincy Owusu Abeyie (Al Sadd/QAT), Bernard Kumordzie (Panionios/GRE), Laryea Kingston (Hearts/SCO), Kevin-Prince Boateng (Portsmouth/ENG)

Strikers: Matthew Amoah (NAC Breda/NED) Asamoah Gyan (Rennes/FRA), Prince Tagoe (Hoffenheim/GER), Dominic Adiyiah (AC Milan/ITA)

USA

GOALKEEPERS (3): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton), Marcus Hahnemann (Wolverhampton)

DEFENDERS (9): Carlos Bocanegra (Rennes), Jonathan Bornstein (Chivas USA), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover), Jay DeMerit (Watford), Clarence Goodson (IK Start), Chad Marshall (Columbus Crew), Oguchi Onyewu (AC Milan), Heath Pearce (FC Dallas), Jonathan Spector (West Ham United)

MIDFIELDERS (12): DaMarcus Beasley (Rangers), Alejandro Bedoya (Örebro), Michael Bradley (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Ricardo Clark (Houston Dynamo), Clint Dempsey (Fulham), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy), Maurice Edu (Rangers), Benny Feilhaber (Aarhus), Stuart Holden (Bolton), Sacha Kljestan (Chivas USA), Robbie Rogers (Columbus Crew), José Torres (Pachuca)

FORWARDS (6): Jozy Altidore (Villarreal), Edson Buddle (Los Angeles Galaxy), Brian Ching (Houston Dynamo), Robbie Findley (Real Salt Lake), Herculez Gomez (Puebla), Eddie Johnson (Aris Thessaloniki)

Honduras

GOALKEEPERS: Noel Valladares (Olimpia), Donis Escober (Olimpia), Ricardo Canales (Motagua)

DEFENDERS: Osman Chávez (Platense), Maynor Figueroa (Wigans Athletic), Johnny Palacios (Olimpia), Sergio Mendoza (Motagua), Emilio Izaguirre (Motagua), Mauricio Sabillón (Hangzhou Greentown), Víctor Bernárdez (RSC Anderlecht), Bonieck García (Olimpia)

MIDFIELDERS: Hendry Thomas (Wigans Athletic), Wilson Palacios (Tottenham), Danilo Turcios (Olimpia), Edgar Alvarez (AS Bari), Amado Guevara (Motagua), Ramón Núñez (Olimpia), Julio César León (Torino), Roger Espinoza (Kansas City Wizards)

FORWARDS: David Suazo (Genoa), Carlos Pavón (Real Espana), Walter Martínez (Marathon), Georgie Welcome (Motagua)

Italy

GOALKEEPERS: Buffon (Juventus), De Sanctis (Napoli), Marchetti (Cagliari), Sirigu (Palermo).

DEFENDERS: Bocchetti (Genoa), Bonucci (Bari), Cannavaro (Juventus), Cassani (Palermo), Chiellini (Juventus), Criscito (Genoa), Grosso (Juventus), Maggio (Napoli), Zambrotta (Milan).

MIDFIELDERS: Camoranesi (Juventus), Candreva (Juventus), Cossu (Cagliari), De Rossi (Roma), Gattuso (Milan), Marchisio (Juventus), Montolivo (Fiorentina), Palombo (Sampdoria), Pepe (Udinese), Pirlo (Milan).

FORWARDS: Borriello (Milan), Di Natale (Udinese), Gilardino (Fiorentina), Iaquinta (Juventus), Pazzini (Sampdoria), Quagliarella (Napoli), Giuseppe Rossi (Villarreal).

I've got my beloved Stars and Stripes shocking the world by winning the group and then going on to beat Germany. In the quarterfinals though, they'll be outmatched by the French. I've got Didier Drogba and Ivory Coast winning it all.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Sad to see Davies not even on the 30 man squad. They had to have talked to his doctors and everyone associated with his recovery and just werent comfortable wasting a spot on him.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Archived