2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

NEW.ERA

I don't see why people are hoping England draws or loses...if they beat Algeria and Slovenia as expected and we beat Algeria, we advance.

Pretty much.

Okay, England. You said this would be EASY, right? Well prove it now. You take care of your business, USA will take care of ours, we'll be good.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if anything the damn slovenians were holding us back - in no way was that a foul on one of the americans.....damn, it sucks that this has to be the first day when day refereeing spoils the game, both germany and now usa have gotten screwed hard.

Calm down... The boys are still in a great position to advance. We have a game against the worst team in the group and at MAX we need 5 points to advance out of the group. If it comes down to +/- GD, I like our odds being even with our two hardest games behind us with an already eliminated team (barring a miracle later today). Say England wins later today, the group will look like this:

England 1-0-1 4 pts + 1-3

Slovenia 1-0-1 4 pts + 1

USA 0-0-2 2 pts =

Algeria 0-2-0 0 pts - 2-4

That would make a worst case scenario would be a England/Slovenia tie putting them both at 5 pts for the group, coming down to GD. A win for either side opens up the #2 slot for us to slide in with a win.

And Benny Feilhaber better be in the starting 11 against Algeria.

Assuming England beats Algeria, if we beat Algeria by 2 we are in no matter what is my understanding. That puts both Slovenia and England with 4 points going into the last match. If there is a winner that moves that team to 7 points and the other stays at 4. We beat Algeria in that situation we move ahead of that loser with 5 points. If Algeria and Slovenia tie and the US wins that moves three team at 5 points and it comes down to GD. Slovenia has a GD of +1 that would stay +1 with a tie. US's current GD is 0, so if they beat Algeria by 2 they would move ahead of Slovenia on the tie breaker.

So no matter the result of the other game Wednesday, if the US wins by 2 they are in. Of course that is easier said than done.

Coulibaly.png

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Or how Tigers fans hate Jim Joyce.

Jim Joyce at least apologized.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

2ym8thw.jpg

So since it's obvious that Edu was onside, the question is this: Who on the US was at fault here? If anything, they should've been awarded a penalty kick. I mean, come on, Michael Bradley is being hugged here.

Oh well, I'm over it. Need to win against Algeria. No more ties.

What the US can't do is they can't let this call become famous. What that means is that they have to beat Algeria and advance so that nobody remembers this as the call they kept them out of the knockout round. Lose or tie to Algeria and fail to advance and then the soccer viewing world will remember this.

PvO6ZWJ.png

F :censored: K NO!!!!

I missed the first minute of the second half, and it took me 20 minutes to even realize he was on the pitch....he did nothing.

I missed the first minute of the second half, and it took me 20 minutes to even realize he was on the pitch....he did nothing.

You'd rather Torres? I'm generally a fan of Torres, but he was terrible. Feilhaber played well.

2ym8thw.jpg

I mean, come on, Michael Bradley is being hugged here.

Bad touch! Bad touch! I NEED AN ADULT!

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that the match was not necessarily fixed, but there were some betting interests on the part of the refree(s). You seriously cannot make that horrible of a call without something like that behind it.

sig_gai.png

warriorbannerssmall.png

Outrageous call at the end, but atleast I got a point in Pick'em. Obviously Koman Coulibaly's wikipedia page was going to be vandalized, which it was. Then cleaned up, but I got to see this gem. You'll see it.

Ref.png

My heart was racing at the end. I was EXCITED.

You'd rather Torres? I'm generally a fan of Torres, but he was terrible. Feilhaber played well.

No....I'd start with Edu in place of Torres with the same lineup played today. Torres is a guy who you send on if you're chasing a game(like I dunno...Turkey), but I'm not sure about starting him, but I'd still rather him than Feilhaber, who just does nothing for me.

Ok, I honestly think 11 of us could play with more passion than England. That is as long as I play as a second striker role, I'm dominant there. :lol:

In all seriousness I'm really worried about Algeria now. We're gonna need to score early so they have to chase the game, and we can stretch them out.

Archived