MLB "What I Would Do" Series 2010

Bmac

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time now for the Boston Red Sox. The Sox's current set seems a little mismatched to me. The home and road jerseys don't match up as nice as I think they could, and the alternates are a little bland. I added the hanging sox logo as a sleeve patch on all jerseys and I matched all the piping. The red hat returns to the road uniform, and the road wordmark is now outlined in red. The BP set uses the white on red look.

RedSoxLogoSheet.png

RedSoxHome.pngRedSoxRoad.png

RedSoxAlt1.pngRedSoxAlt2.png

RedSoxBP.png

Also, with the Rays set, I like how you stick to the sting ray animal meaning rather than the "rays of light" idea they seem to be moving towards recently.

I've always found it funny that the one team still playing in a dome has a sun beam as it's logo...

Anubis.png

Also, with the Rays set, I like how you stick to the sting ray animal meaning rather than the "rays of light" idea they seem to be moving towards recently.

I've always found it funny that the one team still playing in a dome has a sun beam as it's logo...

Interesting. Never thought of it that way. Don't they even have a ray that swims around in a tank? or am I dreaming.

Well, I was about 2 seconds away from posting the Phillies, but I saw Raysox posted his Phillies set using the same colors, so I will respect him and wait a little while. Until then, let's head to Milwaukee! The Brew Crew have a very good set currently, IMO. When I was at Miller Park last season, I noticed there was a decent mix of the current identity and the old identity among the fans and throughout the stadium. So, that is exactly what I did here, mix the Brewers' identities. I made blue and gold (yellow-gold, not the current vegas-gold) the primary colors, with navy as more of an accent color. All of the current wordmark stay put, but the old ball-in-glove logo returns to the cap at home and on the home and road sleeves. The uniforms all have a consistant striping pattern, and the alternate jerseys have the barrel man logo on the sleeve. The home helmet is a retro look, blue with a white front panel. The last alternate is a powder blue pullover with the current wordmark.

BrewersLogoSheet.png

BrewersHome.pngBrewersRoad.png

BrewersAlt1.pngBrewersAlt2.png

BrewersAlt3.pngBrewersBP.png

I'm starting to think that you should go with navy as your primary color; the navy alternate is your best unifrom by far in this set IMO. I would try and use the lighter blue as an accent instead. I'm not a fan of the road uniform at all, the script looks too jumbled with color, with thee different outlines. The alternate unifroms' scripts look the best by far, they only have 2, not counting the shadow on the darker background.

EDIT: Forgot to fix the numbers on this set, :D

Hahahahha! I posted my Phillies logo before you, but you posted this one before me! I had the same basic idea.

But really, this set looks great. THe only thing I was thinking is that the mb logo doesn't really match the rest of the scripts. I wont tell you my idea so I can save it.

Anyone else on the Bosox before I move on? I realize I didn't change much for this team, but I would like to know what people think.

I know you've moved on from the Sox, but the set would look better if you had the NOB on either both or neither of the home and road jerseys. I hate that the Red Sox are inconsistent with the NOB in real life.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

The Brewers set is the best so far

agreed, except i would kill the navy jersey. why have two home alternate jerseys with the only difference being the base jersey color? plus navy in their scheme kind of sticks as a primary color. otherwise, great work.

sig2024.png

Archived