Regina sports reporter mistakes SyPhi concept for something more

wheateater

I work at News Talk Radio in Saskatoon. One of our sports guys in Regina is a little excited about the Jets possibly coming back to Winnipeg. How excited? Check out his blog:

Drop by Saskatchewan, wontcha?

I giggled a little to myself. Do I say anything to him? Bust him down a few notches? :P

Wagner Athletic Group

11-2 Saskatoon Steeds (WAFL)-NFL-2014 Western Conference Champions / 8-5 Calgary Pronghorns (TNFF)-CFL-2014 Confederation Cup XI Champions

14-6-2 Saskatoon Yellowheads (XHL)-NHL-1st, Gretzky Conference / 5-4-0 Saskatoon Czars (MLH)-AHL-T2nd, Calder Conference

7-1-6 VfL Dortmund (Weltliga)-Bundesliga-3rd, League / 5-1-5 West End AFC (WFL)-EPL-T5th, League

14-7 Saskatoon Sheiks (AA)-MLB-2014 Founder's Cup Champions

I'm assuming someone corrected him, because it now says..

Obviously a temporary design for a new look Jets logo done in 2005 by SyPhi Creations. But it looks awesome and would look even better on a jersey, of course, the colours would change with a blue home jersey, but, it's fantastic.

No idea what it said before.

Except the Jets aren't coming back to Winnipeg because Phoenix isn't moving in the foreseeable future, unless both Hamilton and Winnipeg get new expansion franchises, as is rumored.

Three things, first of all this is why I take blogs with a grain of salt. Secondly, this is an excellent concept for an updated logo.

Thirdly, lord only knows what is going on and going to happen to the Coyotes. Heck, even God's thrown up his hands and said, "Don't

ask me. I don't know. I'm only God, not a psychic or Gary Bettman!"

Archived