MLB 2035

JayJaxon

Bless you sir for the inclusion of teal in your Marlins concept! As much as I utterly despise the use of orange in the Marlins identity today(which doesn't include the uniforms or logos in use, only marketing and giveaways), this Dolphins-esque look would be better than what they are probably going to end up with in 2012. Hopefully sometime long before the year 2035 Jeffery Loria sells the team and someone who likes teal and/or respects the history of the Marlins and it's fans will buy the club.

As for the concept itself, I'm not sold on the cap logo or font selection, but I like the subtle "wave" going on with the scripts. Again though, I'd gladly take this as opposed to what Mr. Loria likely has planned for 2012.

Could you maybe share what the color scheme might be? If you can't i understand but it would be cool to have an idea. I've been hearing a lot about a blue or dark blue color taking over the teal any truth to that.

I'm predicting black and orange.

Probably, because the MLB needs a third black and orange team.

Not a badly as they need more navy blue teams!

87Redskins.png

• 2 weeks later...

Here come the Mariners.

I want to see what you guys think about this one. I wanted the slashes on the front part of the jersey to represent the logo without it actually being the logo. I experimented with a few things when it came to the Mariners. I ultimately decided to go with a bright yellow as a primary to go along with the green and blue. The home jersey along with the pants are a greenish-white color. This is the first set that has no gray pants for the road set. A few sets are going to be this way. This one is kinda out there so I don't expect many to like it.

Mariners_2035home.png

Mariners_2035road.png

Mariners_2035alt.png

im sorry dude...but i think you are confusing the words futuristic and hideous.

A little harsh don't ya think? You could at least give some constructive feedback.

I'm pretty sure that the currents set has the compass rose, so to turn that on its side makes them look like fireworks. Maybe if you went with a more wave or nautical theme. Also I think that the green on green away marks would get blurry when viewed on TV.

McCutchen6_zps336cbf93.png

im sorry dude...but i think you are confusing the words futuristic and hideous.

A little harsh don't ya think? You could at least give some constructive feedback.

I'm pretty sure that the currents set has the compass rose, so to turn that on its side makes them look like fireworks. Maybe if you went with a more wave or nautical theme. Also I think that the green on green away marks would get blurry when viewed on TV.

Thanks. I thought of dropping the opacity on the 'compass' piping to give it a different look, but I went with the full effect on this one. I will tweak some things and get back on here with something new.

Reminiscent of either palm trees or fireworks, I think. Either way, it doesn't look futuristic. It looks like an '80s soccer jersey right now.

Personally, I'd suggest starting over from scratch. Maybe you could use the red/silver/black color scheme that they used for their TATC uniforms, and work with the actual compass logo.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived