2010 NHL Draft Hats

As funny as this sounds, I met a guy today who works at the pro-shop in the American Airlines Arena and he was wearing the new draft cap. It looks pretty damn nice in person. I may have to buy a Leafs' one when it comes out..

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Did I see Christobal Huet wearing the Chicago version of the hat today?

Yea, players from both teams had them on today. Usually they don't get them until the finals and they put the cup patches on them. Osgood wore his from last year's finals this entire season.

wonder why the Kings were the last team to come out with theirs...

It's not so much that the teams release these, it's the online retailers. I though it was odd, especially since LA is hosting the draft. Usually my team, Atlanta, is the last one that we see with the exception of teams who are changing logos.

wonder why the Kings were the last team to come out with theirs...

It's not so much that the teams release these, it's the online retailers. I though it was odd, especially since LA is hosting the draft. Usually my team, Atlanta, is the last one that we see with the exception of teams who are changing logos.

might we be in for some kind of change for minnesota next year?

I think the Minny changes are already known and that just has to do with the changing of the pants. Black is the generic color for these hats, and Minny has been going with the black for league issued stuff for a while.

They grey makes the Caps hat look so drab. I almost wish Reebok had done their typical blinding white draft cap instead. The Caps red just doesn't read anywhere near as well against the grey as it would white.

Not 100% sure, but it doesn't look like the Sabres' logo has all the extra silver that they added in when they introduced the current thirds a couple years ago. The logo on the hat just looks like the original logo with the updated colors.

It'd be awesome if they "de-silverized" the Sabres logo a bit for the new uniforms this Fall. They went overboard adding silver to it a couple years back.

No it's silverized. I mean, you can't tell from the picture, but I've seen one up close and personal.

Archived