2010 LeBron James Sweepstakes

TFoA

Nets "Blueprint for Greatness" billboard in Manhattan (Near Madison Square Garden) Featuring Nets owners Jay-Z and Prokhorov

blueprint_100630.jpg

It's incomplete for now

Prokhrov is da Man!

I wonder if he'd be interested in buy the Mets, a Lets Go Mets billboard would look quite nice in the Bronx.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carmelo possibly on his way out of Denver

The Nuggets are pressing Carmelo Anthony, who is set to become a free agent in 2011, for a long-term commitment. If he declines a 3-year/$65 million contract extension now on the table, the team will consider trading its leading scorer.

This is why I didnt think the Knicks would get Lebron because they would eventually end up with Melo. He's an east coast kid (actually born in NY), His wife LaLa is from NY and still frequently travels back and forth on business. Save that Eddy Curry money for Melo.

Carmelo possibly on his way out of Denver

The Nuggets are pressing Carmelo Anthony, who is set to become a free agent in 2011, for a long-term commitment. If he declines a 3-year/$65 million contract extension now on the table, the team will consider trading its leading scorer.

This is why I didnt think the Knicks would get Lebron because they would eventually end up with Melo. He's an east coast kid (actually born in NY), His wife LaLa is from NY and still frequently travels back and forth on business. Save that Eddy Curry money for Melo.

If any big name player looks like a Clipper, it's Carmelo. You are over blowing his and her NYC heritage as she is filming movies now and for her career, she needs to be in L.A. more than NYC. Their reality show prior to their wedding may shed light into where other than Denver he would like to be.

Seems like a lot for the Heat to give up, but for the likes of Chris Bosh, it's absolutely nothing. Miami gets a steal if this deal goes through.

Edit: More news...The Boston Globe is reporting that Doc Rivers will return for the final year of his contract as head coach of the Celtics.

Nets "Blueprint for Greatness" billboard in Manhattan (Near Madison Square Garden) Featuring Nets owners Jay-Z and Prokhorov

blueprint_100630.jpg

It's incomplete for now

Prokhrov is da Man!

I wonder if he'd be interested in buy the Mets, a Lets Go Mets billboard would look quite nice in the Bronx.

Nah, "Let's go Yankees" in Queens would look nicer! :D

But glad that you're a suffering Nets fan like me. GO NETS!

So THAT'S why they made an offer to Joel Anthony. Makes sense now.

On the Paul Pierce front: If Doc hadn't returned I could've envisioned my C's trading Pierce to Denver for Carmelo. Am I crazy?

I couldn't have. The deal wouldn't make any sense for Denver.

Assuming he would still want a new deal, anyway.

IUe6Hvh.png

Apparently, the top four bidders for the Warriors are:

Larry Ellison

Chief Executive Officer and Director, Oracle Corporation.

Sixth on Forbes World's Richest People in 2010

Mark Mastrov

Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Fitness Holdings Worldwide, Inc (aka 24 Hr. Fitness)

This group apparently also has Magic Johnson on board. How he can do that with his Lakers interest is a question I have.

Peter Guber

Co-Chairman, Mandalay Entertainment

David Bonderman

Founder, TPG Capital; Chairman of the Board, Ryanair Holdings PLC. 536th on Forbes World's Richest People in 2010

Richard Jefferson opting out from his $15 MM contract from San Antonio. Wow!

Tyson Chandler opting in when it was thought that he would opt out as his agent is the same as Paul Pierce.

EDIT: Had Jefferson gotten married last summer instead of "opting out", his woman would have divorced him today by leaving $15M on the table.

LeBron James - Cavaliers

Dwayne Wade - Heat

Chris Bosh - Raptors

Amare Stoudemire - Suns

Dirk Nowitzki - Mavericks

Joe Johnson - Hawks

Carlos Boozer - Jazz

Paul Pierce - Celtics

David Lee - Knicks

Rudy Gay - Grizzlies

Ray Allen - Celtics

Shaquille O'Neal - Cavaliers

:P

6fQjS3M.png

LeBron James - Cavaliers

Dwayne Wade - Heat

Chris Bosh - Raptors

Amare Stoudemire - Suns

Dirk Nowitzki - Mavericks

Joe Johnson - Hawks

Carlos Boozer - Jazz

Paul Pierce - Celtics

David Lee - Knicks

Rudy Gay - Grizzlies

Ray Allen - Celtics

Shaquille O'Neal - Cavaliers

:P

Where do you have Ray Felton landing, though?

Hopefully I wake up and LeBron is already signed.

Who are you, Rip Van Winkle?

You know, 'cause free agents can't sign 'til the 8th. They can only reach verbals until then.

Hopefully I wake up and LeBron is already signed.

Who are you, Rip Van Winkle?

You know, 'cause free agents can't sign 'til the 8th. They can only reach verbals until then.

Oh, sorry. I hope he agrees with a team then.

Just bustin' your balls a bit.

Archived