2010 LeBron James Sweepstakes

TFoA

90 minutes into free agency, ESPN is reporting this so far:

- Chris Bosh will be offered a max deal by the Raptors. Look for a sign-and-trade to either Miami or Chicago.

- The Hawks are prepared to offer Joe Johnson a max contract. He's expected to agree and stay in Atlanta.

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope and pray LeBron goes to the Heat, that would be amazing! If not, I'd like for him to stay in Cleveland, but I've always like D-Wade, and Lebron, so if they ended up on the same team it would be a dream come true.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I'm happy that Joe Johnson is going to stay in Atlanta...not happy that it's coming at the expense of a max deal (!!!), but at least he's staying.

I'm not speaking for the rest of the fanbase that's on the internet, at least. People wanted him gone...then again, those are the same people that thought Salmons would be an upgrade. So yeah, I'm guessing that this is for the better. I hate the fact that this locks the Hawks up financially, for the time being.

EDIT:

The first player of the 2010 NBA Free Agent Class has reached an agreement...it's Drew Gooden to the Bucks. 5 years, $32M. In addition to them getting CDR for draft picks, the Bucks have done a pretty good job thus far.

EDIT:

ROFLMAO, Darko Milicic gets a 4 year, $20M deal from the T-Wolves. lmao, Kahn. I can't really laugh at them because my favorite team just gave Joe Johnson a max deal, but lmao @ this still.

EDIT:

ROFLMAO, Darko Milicic gets a 4 year, $20M deal from the T-Wolves. lmao, Kahn. I can't really laugh at them because my favorite team just gave Joe Johnson a max deal, but lmao @ this still.

Don't forget the fact that they're apparently going after Rudy Gay......despite drafting 3 SFs

ROFLMAO, Darko Milicic gets a 4 year, $20M deal from the T-Wolves.

I don't :censored:ing get it. The Timberwolves are paying DARKO MILICIC.....TWENTY MILLION DOLLARS......TO PLAY BASKETBALL??..... :blink::shocked::mad:

6uXNWAo.png

I'm happy that Joe Johnson is going to stay in Atlanta...not happy that it's coming at the expense of a max deal (!!!), but at least he's staying.

I'm not speaking for the rest of the fanbase that's on the internet, at least. People wanted him gone...then again, those are the same people that thought Salmons would be an upgrade. So yeah, I'm guessing that this is for the better. I hate the fact that this locks the Hawks up financially, for the time being.

Are you sure he's staying? they offered him a max deal, but he is still free to walk and get a max deal from say, the Clippers or some desperate team. I havent heard any definitive report that he agreed to the Hawks deal, but I could be wrong

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

If I'm understanding this whole free agent thing correctly... Atlanta has enough money to hand out one max contract this offseason. Of all the free agents out there, they decide to use all that $cratch on Joe Johnson. Joe Freaking Johnson. Seriously? I get that he's a damn good player, but he's not a 'max contract player', not in my eyes at least. And because he's a hometown guy, the Hawks will actually be giving him more than they would an outside player like LeBron, D-Wade or hell, even Dirk!

6uXNWAo.png

MDC, Joe has always said that he'd rather stay if the Hawks gave him a max deal, and that was pretty much the only way that he was going to stay. The Hawks are going to give him the max deal, and that means that Joe is probably going to stay here. Curty, I was hoping that the Hawks would've done a S&T deal with another max player (preferably Bosh) & that's still an open possibility...but it's looking like this is going to be our big money acquisition: Keeping Joe. Once again, I'm in favor of having him back, but not at this price.

In other news of teams grossly overpaying players, the aforementioned Rudy Gay has agreed to a 5 year, $80M deal to stay with the Grizzlies. $80M just to keep him away from Minnesota. Bah gawd. Once again, I can't point fingers because my favorite team is about to give Joe $120M just to keep him away from the other "Max Contract Clubs," but lmao @ all of this. If the first day of actual negotiations is any indication, this summer is going to be out:censored:ingrageous.

In other news of teams grossly overpaying players, the aforementioned Rudy Gay has agreed to a 5 year, $80M deal to stay with the Grizzlies. $80M just to keep him away from Minnesota. Bah gawd. Once again, I can't point fingers because my favorite team is about to give Joe $120M just to keep him away from the other "Max Contract Clubs," but lmao @ all of this. If the first day of actual negotiations is any indication, this summer is going to be out:censored:ingrageous.

In other news, David Kahn's evil plan of starting 4 SFs and a PG has been thwarted

News out of Memphis, Rudy Gay agrees to a 5 year, 81.6 million dollar contract, first free agent off the market...

Just a technicality, but fixed it for ya.

News out of Memphis, Rudy Gay agrees to a 5 year, 81.6 million dollar contract, second free agent off the market...

Fixed another error for you. (Drew Gooden came off the market this morning.)

6uXNWAo.png

As Jay-Z was leaving the Nets' meeting with LeBron, his car passed the oncoming motorcade of the Knicks' brass.

I just think it's a tad ridiculous and funny in that way haha. :lol:

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

News out of Memphis, Rudy Gay agrees to a 5 year, 81.6 million dollar contract, second free agent off the market...

Fixed another error for you. (Drew Gooden came off the market this morning.)

Dude's post was ripe with errors, yo!

"Count me in" - Phil Jackson

Phil Jackson will return as the Lakers' coach next year, and if I read the statement correctly, it will be his final season.

The quest for (or 4 whichever you want) for the three-peat lives on!

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived