2010 LeBron James Sweepstakes

TFoA

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BLAKE SHOW

Anything is better than Jordan Farmar.

You may joke about it, but this will be a big help. If the Lakers had more quality on the bench and from behind the arc, they'd have won the title a easier than they did. Not that it was easy, but it wouldn't have gone to 7 games in the Finals.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

According to ESPN radio, Joe Johnson's agent has confirmed that he'll be going back to the ATL (shawty, yeah).

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Reports say the Knicks met with LeBron's agent for a second time over the weekend to talk numbers. While they seem like a bit of a longshot at the moment, don't write New York off so fast.

Also, it's sounding more and more like LeBron won't be making his decision until Thursday, due to a basketball camp he's hosting in Akron this week.

6uXNWAo.png

I don't know why anyone would write New York off so fast. It's not like they spent two years shedding salary in preparation for this.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Here are my revised predictions, as of today:

LeBron James - Cavaliers

Dwayne Wade - Heat

Chris Bosh - Heat

Amare Stoudemire - Knicks

Dirk Nowitzki - Mavericks

Joe Johnson - Hawks

Carlos Boozer - Bulls

Paul Pierce - Celtics

David Lee - Timberwolves

Rudy Gay - Grizzlies

Ray Allen - Celtics

Shaquille O'Neal - Mavericks

*Italics = done deal

6uXNWAo.png

LeBron James - Knicks

Dwayne Wade - Heat

Chris Bosh - Heat

Amare Stoudemire - Knicks

Dirk Nowitzki - Mavericks

Joe Johnson - Hawks

Carlos Boozer - Bulls

Paul Pierce - Celtics

David Lee -Spurs via sign and trade

Rudy Gay - Grizzlies

Ray Allen - Celtics

Shaquille O'Neal - Mavericks

While reading the latest updates on everyone's predictions and seeing that the you guys think the Bulls only end up with Carlos Boozer, that got me thinking: if the Bulls only end up with Boozer did they really lose out that much? Of course, they'd love to get James/Wade/Bosh, and who wouldn't, but even with this cap space I think the Bulls are still in a great position to conctend even if they get a guy like Boozer/David Lee and Ray Allen, they could be in the hunt for the Eastern Conference.

Also what does everyone think about Tracy McGrady and Allen Iverson. First, will they be back, and second, where?

While reading the latest updates on everyone's predictions and seeing that the you guys think the Bulls only end up with Carlos Boozer, that got me thinking: if the Bulls only end up with Boozer did they really lose out that much?

Uh, yeah. There's a veritable chasm between one or two of the big three free agents and only Carlos Boozer. Maybe now we're talking about the Bulls as a second-round out instead of a first-round out. Whoopty :censored:. It's a public relations failure, too; Ron Mercer all over again. You don't completely utterly clear the decks--to the extent of moving your team captain for nothing--so you can get Carlos Boozer and maybe David Lee. They'll have lost out on tons if they get anything less than Chris Bosh, and even Bosh all alone is iffy. Something about this offseason, I swear, it's like a frontal lobotomy is a prerequisite to discussing the Bulls. Good god. Michael Jordan hits a jumper twelve years ago and anything this organization does above pissing its pants is treated as an unmitigated success.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So I'm watching NBA Summer League, and then next thing I know David Aldridge is announcing that Amar'e to the Knicks for 5 years is a done deal. Seeing as how this is the NBA's own network that is reporting this, it's probably true.

Bit of a shock to see that Amar'e decided not to wait for the LeBron domino to fall, unless it's already fallen...

EDIT: The Knicks ain't waiting until the 8th to announce it. :P

While reading the latest updates on everyone's predictions and seeing that the you guys think the Bulls only end up with Carlos Boozer, that got me thinking: if the Bulls only end up with Boozer did they really lose out that much?

Uh, yeah. There's a veritable chasm between one or two of the big three free agents and only Carlos Boozer. Maybe now we're talking about the Bulls as a second-round out instead of a first-round out. Whoopty :censored:. It's a public relations failure, too; Ron Mercer all over again. You don't completely utterly clear the decks--to the extent of moving your team captain for nothing--so you can get Carlos Boozer and maybe David Lee. They'll have lost out on tons if they get anything less than Chris Bosh, and even Bosh all alone is iffy. Something about this offseason, I swear, it's like a frontal lobotomy is a prerequisite to discussing the Bulls. Good god. Michael Jordan hits a jumper twelve years ago and anything this organization does above pissing its pants is treated as an unmitigated success.

Ha. I remember the Ron Mercer fiasco. In fairness, it's not like the Magic actually faired better with Grant and Tracy. Tim Duncan was the prize back then, and he was really only ever going to stay with the Spurs (and win a ton more championships).

By the way, say what you will about Bulls fans holding on a bit too long to the glory years, but at least those years are appreciated. It's a far cry from what happens in Boston where every championship there Is Very Meaningful and Special.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Hawks offer Shaq 2 years, $5.8 M

$12 M for an older, more pedestrian version of Shaq? The only reason why I'd be in favor of this is because we currently have NO true center. Al Horford, a PF, has been playing C since he got to Atlanta, and that weakness has reared its head often. Shaq would at least fill that need. Once again, this ain't the 90s/early 00s Shaq, but him at C is better than having no C, methinks.

Archived