2010 LeBron James Sweepstakes

TFoA

An hour long special to announce you are re-signing for your current team seems a touch arrogant! Especially for a guy with zero NBA championships. My guess is that Lebron could be on his way out.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An hour long special to announce you are re-signing for your current team seems a touch arrogant! Especially for a guy with zero NBA championships. My guess is that Lebron could be on his way out.

I'm guessing he stays and the ESPN special is just a make up for the letter of intent day that he never had.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5360134

Wade and Bosh staying/going to miami....

gotta think lebron is staying in cleveland, but you never know this could very well setup something else.

Then it seems like he'd be stupid to stay in Cleveland, right? Why go back for more years of the same when he could at least go to New York with some other max-deal help?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm guessing he stays and the ESPN special is just a make up for the letter of intent day that he never had.

Thats a good point I suppose. (and not entirely un ESPN like!) It would be amazing if something wasn't leaked before that show mind. You'd think the losing party[ies] would want to spoil the party a little, at the very least. My guess, with Bosh likely going to Heat, is its either New York or staying in Cleveland, (I don't see how the Bulls is an upgrade from where he is at the moment, really.) Is James the kind to leave the Cavaliers in the lurch entirely? Is some kind of sign and trade a possibility? Mind you do the Knicks have enough to trade to the Cavs for James?

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I don't see how the Bulls is an upgrade from where he is at the moment, really.

Better supporting cast and coach, though it's a moot point now anyway.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

God and I think being a Jets, Mets, and Knicks fan is bad, beats Browns, Indians, and Cavs.

Try being a Chargers, Rays, and Clippers fan. Woohoo, no titles for me!

Can Lebron make it interesting and sign with the Clippers, boy would Lights Out be happy.

You don't even know the half. Clippers Nation would be rejoicing like the Clippers just won the NBA Finals.

But in the real world, LeBron will sign in the East, and the Clippers will remain 'Chris Kaman's team'.

I wouldn't be so sure of that anymore - the Celtics, Magic, and to a lesser extent, the Hawks already make the East a hard road, and Wade and Bosh's Heat will take the Cavs' spot in the East's Big Four teams. While the West is more balanced in terms of records, it seems championships only go through the Lakers because everyone else chokes. Also, the West has lost some of its dominance lately. The Suns don't have Amar'e anymore, the Nuggets are slowly unraveling, the Jazz might be losing Carlos Boozer, and the Thunder still have yet to win a playoff series.

The Clippers are more "Baron Davis' team" right now. Chris Kaman has never really taken on the role of team leader.

I would have preferred Dwayne Casey, as he's a smart young coach who got a raw deal in Minnesota, but Del Negro is a good hiring for the Clippers. In Chicago, he made the Bulls' roster into one of the best young cores in the NBA, and there isn't exactly a shortage of young talent with the Clippers. I think he'll do well in LA, and I think he'll get more support from the Clippers' front office than from the Bulls' front office. He's also regarded as a great motivator, which is precisely what the Clippers need to keep them from giving up halfway through the season as usual.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Clever how Wade tried to make it seem as if he was actually interested in joining his hometown team, the Bulls. Of course he goes back to Miami and brings CB4 with him. Had me hook, line, and sinker!

As for Chris Bosh, I think we all knew he was going to join forces with D-Wade or LeBron, or both. However, it would've been interesting had he singed with a team without a bigger superstar. Bosh could easily be the #1 attraction on a team like New Jersey, but there is no doubt that the ring means more to him right now that his future stock. Good luck to him in Miami.

6uXNWAo.png

Um, not anymore. Unless you believe that Tom Thibodeau > Byron Scott. Though if you do, you're crazy.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Del Negro is a good hiring for the Clippers. In Chicago, he made the Bulls' roster into one of the best young cores in the NBA, and there isn't exactly a shortage of young talent with the Clippers.

He doesn't know how to coach defense and he doesn't know how to use timeouts. He's never had a winning record in a weak East. He did more to stunt Derrick Rose's development than encourage it. Hope he likes having Phil Jackson's sack in his mouth four times a year.

Um, not anymore. Unless you believe that Tom Thibodeau > Byron Scott. Though if you do, you're crazy.

The thing about the 'better supporting cast' thing is that surely a well run franchise uses a guy like James to attract the supporting cast. And if the cast is there already then surely it would be harder to add the pieces to it, given that presumably they have less cap room.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Clever how Wade tried to make it seem as if he was actually interested in joining his hometown team, the Bulls. Of course he goes back to Miami and brings CB4 with him. Had me hook, line, and sinker!

As for Chris Bosh, I think we all knew he was going to join forces with D-Wade or LeBron, or both. However, it would've been interesting had he singed with a team without a bigger superstar. Bosh could easily be the #1 attraction on a team like New Jersey, but there is no doubt that the ring means more to him right now that his future stock. Good luck to him in Miami.

Assuming nothing breaks down between now & the 8th, D-Wade & Bosh will bring Miami's total of players under contract to...4. The only other guys that they had were Michael Beasley, Mario Chalmers, & some 12th man. Yeah, the tougher job for the Heat will be trying to bring players in to fill that roster, because right now they're still a 1st-2nd round playoff team at best, mainly because they gutted their roster trying to get Wade & another max contract guy.

But once they get help, look out...

Del Negro is a good hiring for the Clippers. In Chicago, he made the Bulls' roster into one of the best young cores in the NBA, and there isn't exactly a shortage of young talent with the Clippers.

He doesn't know how to coach defense and he doesn't know how to use timeouts. He's never had a winning record in a weak East. He did more to stunt Derrick Rose's development than encourage it. Hope he likes having Phil Jackson's sack in his mouth four times a year.

So long as Phil washes it first, suppose it's okay, right?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Man, between Don Nelson and Alvin Gentry beating him at his own game, and Phil Jackson beating him at everything ever, Vinny's gonna get more teabags than a delicate porcelain cup.

I guarantee you this... Bosh will not be serving the whole of that contract in Miami.

He soaked up the Canadian media's attention like a sponge when Vince Carter left Toronto. I cannot fathom how he'll be able to contain himself for 5 years playing second fiddle to Wade. He can't do what Gasol has done in LA.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Some no-name player is going to F over one of the biggest stars in the game by "breaking" a story like he's a reporter? LOL, while Lebron might actually be signing with the Knicks, I'd suspect that mr. Dudley is just having some fun.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived