2010 LeBron James Sweepstakes

TFoA

ESPN is reporting LeBron is in Miami tonight meeting with Pat Riley and other members of the Miami Heat organization.

Miami it is! ... Right?

I have been on flightaware.com and there were not private planes leaving any Cleveland or Akron airports headed to the Miami-Dade area, even as far north as West Palm Beach.

Personally, if he took a flight this evening, I think it was this one. or this one.

Both of these private jets flew to Teterboro, NJ, which is across the river from Manhattan and the "private jet" airport for NYC. He can be in Manhattan tonight then take a car to Greenwich tomorrow. If he flies tomorrow, look for him to land in White Plains (KHPN/HPN)

It couldn't be that ESPN is deliberately planting red herrings to further artificially build anticipation and interest in tomorrow night's 60-minute circle-jerk, could it?

I fully expect ESPN to announce tomorrow morning that sources report him having breakfast at a Perkins Norms in Anaheim with Donald Sterling.

FYP. No Perkins out in these parts.

But it could be a Carrows, IHOP, or Coco's. In fact, World Wide Wes may have the pull to Roscoe's Chicken & Waffles or Aunt Kizziy's Back Porch stay or remain open.

Just as an aside,

You know way to much random technical trivia.

When you travel a lot and consume too many airline miles/hotel points, one knows where to go and avoid many tourist traps which people see only off TV and make them must see. And yes, my family is still upset that Killer Shrimp in Marina del Rey closed. I still think he is in Manhattan tonight, so I will wait for someone else's Tweet.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it now looks like LeBron is going to sign with Miami... MIAMI... Where fans DON'T GIVE A FLYING :censored: about their teams. At least the world knows Cleveland fans care, or at least do their best to. It's just that C-Town is stuck with drop-dead, do-nothing teams year in and year out, but at least they're passionate about 'em. And what kind of a splash does this make? The Heat and the city of Miami do nothing for me as the casual fan -- opposed to New York or Chicago. Teams with a tradition and a MASSIVE following. He would be the absoulte biggest thing in either of those two cities had he joined the Bulls or Knicks. I'm not so sure if most South Floridians would even notice.

So why the Miami Heat? Obviously, the King wants the ring. But he won't be doing it on HIS team. The Heat are, and will always be, D-Wade's team. That being said, I'm not sure if this is the right decision for LeBron. This move sort of proves LeBron doesn't believe that he alone can lead a team to a championship, as he would've had he selected any of the other options (Yes, Lights Out. Even the Clippers.), and that being on a 'Dream Team' is the only way he can get win it all. Gravytraining your way to a title is nice if your name is Chris Bosh or Amare Stoudamire, but not if it's LeBron James. Not to mention how high the bar will be, and what happens if Miami doesn't win a championship in their first year. He thinks it was brutal before when he would bow out of the playoffs early?...

(Assuming Miami is his choice) Good luck to LeBron -- 2011, '12, '13 NBA Finals MVP -- or else!

6uXNWAo.png

I don't know all the specifics of the NBA's salary cap, but how will Miami be able to afford Wade, LeBron, and Bosh...and have money left to fill out a roster of 12-15 players?

And will Miami really be a legit title contender with the rest of their roster filled with roughly 8+ equivalents of Speedy Claxton, Sheldon Williams, and Darko Milicic?

So it now looks like LeBron is going to sign with Miami... MIAMI... Where fans DON'T GIVE A FLYING :censored: about their teams.

They care about the Dolphins in Miami.

Elsewhere someone is finally talking sense...

Not everyone plans to watch the big announcement. The story has dragged on and dominated the headlines for months. It's no wonder some have been turned off by his need for the spotlight and consider him a bit of a drama King.

"It's gotten ridiculous," Orlando coach Stan Van Gundy said. "It's almost like a parody of itself, this whole situation now. Come on, an hour long? It takes 15 seconds to say I've decided to stay in Cleveland but we've got another 59 minutes and 45 seconds to, what? Promote LeBron James?

"As if we don't do that enough. Look, the guy's a great player and wherever he goes, my bet would be Cleveland, that place will be excited. But an hour-long special?"

Count me in as one of those "some."

Β 

BB52Big.jpg

Β 

Β 

Β 

I don't know all the specifics of the NBA's salary cap, but how will Miami be able to afford Wade, LeBron, and Bosh...and have money left to fill out a roster of 12-15 players?

And will Miami really be a legit title contender with the rest of their roster filled with roughly 8+ equivalents of Speedy Claxton, Sheldon Williams, and Darko Milicic?

Any team with Speedy Claxton has to be considered a threat.

Β 

BB52Big.jpg

Β 

Β 

Β 

You would assume that Darko makes the minimum..... Minnesota thinks otherwise.

6uXNWAo.png

Could it be that he really can't make up his mind, so he set this up as a way of forcing himself to come to a decision?

No. It's this... "It's no wonder some have been turned off by his need for the spotlight and consider him a bit of a drama King.

Β 

BB52Big.jpg

Β 

Β 

Β 

ESPN is reporting LeBron is in Miami tonight meeting with Pat Riley and other members of the Miami Heat organization.

Miami it is! ... Right?

I posted this having read the 'Breaking News' scroll across ESPN's Bottom Line earlier this evening. But now, three hours later, the network and their website are mum on this story, not even acknowledging that it was was reported on. It is nowhere to be found online. And just to make sure we are all thrown off LeBron's trail, ESPN's Chris Broussard it telling us he spent Wednesday evening playing softball in Akron, nowhere near Miami. Screw that!

What we have here is 'The Leader' re-thinking the situation and pulling back the story for ratings, plain and simple. I know I wasn't the only one who saw this on the Bottom Line around 10:30pm EDT. LeBron was in Miami Wednesday evening and has committed to the Heat. However, E$PN saw their mistake, took an eraser to this story, and are determined to hide his decision as long as they can just to insure we all tune in tomorrow night.

ESPN: Journalism at it's finest!

6uXNWAo.png

Miami it is! ... Right?

I posted this having read the 'Breaking News' scroll across ESPN's Bottom Line earlier this evening. But now, three hours later, the network and their website are mum on this story, not even acknowledging that it was was reported on. It is nowhere to be found online. And just to make sure we are all thrown off LeBron's trail, ESPN's Chris Broussard it telling us he spent Wednesday evening playing softball in Akron, nowhere near Miami. Screw that!

What we have here is 'The Leader' re-thinking the situation and pulling back the story for ratings, plain and simple. I know I wasn't the only one who saw this on the Bottom Line around 10:30pm EDT. LeBron was in Miami Wednesday evening and has committed to the Heat. However, E$PN saw their mistake, took an eraser to this story, and are determined to hide his decision as long as they can just to insure we all tune in tomorrow night.

ESPN: Journalism at it's finest!

Where in the ESPN acronym did you ever see a "J" for journalism? Broussard is attempting (or being "asked" to become) the "Jay Glazer of the NBA". Jay breaks stories first since players talk to him first over Mort, Peter King and Clayton. The latter guys think that GMs and coaches will still spill the beans.

Honestly, ther are people hired their who still try their best to remain impartial.

For ESPN, in the NBA, they are Ric Bucher and Marc Stein. I think it is weird how the Broussard's twitter is not officially verified, while Bucher and Steins have been.

From Chris Broussard's twitter:

"Sources with knowledge of the situation indeed saying LeBron will join Wade and Bosh in Miami, barring a late change of heart"

http://twitter.com/Chris_Broussard

And like I said, his employer has not verified it like they have with Bucher and Stein.

Bucher from one hour ago:

Never tweeted LeBron was in Mia. A source said he was. Passed it on to the mothership. Made a 2nd call, told he was in Akron. Killed report.

then (also an hour ago)...

But the insanity is rising: the 1 source came at me hard that LBJ to Mia is done. Only way I go w/one source on that is if it's LBJ/Mav.

If someone from the Heat went to talk to LeBron tonight, then they would have to have flown to the NYC area or Akron.

Tracking private jets is free. It is not like his collection of people will fly in F on Continental/United from CLE tonight. If a plane is/was in the air, you can see the flight pattern on Flightaware. This is also great for college coaching searches.

Am I alone in thinking that a lot of these 'James to Miami' lines seem to be caged in a lot of cagey language? Like people are desperate to keep the chatter up, and be the ones to get the scoop, but don't really know anything?

That being said, these things usually turn out to have a grain of truth in them. My money right now would be on James to Miami.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Could it be that he really can't make up his mind, so he set this up as a way of forcing himself to come to a decision? Self-imposed deadlines really don't work unless there's consequences to missing them, and blowing up a TV special would be an incentive to bring this to a timely conclusion.

You say that as if ESPN wouldn't bend over backward to make "LeBron's Decision" a weekly series for the rest of the summer.

This sums it up nicely. (Strong language)

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Right now on the bottom line it says Chris Broussard Reports Sources Say All indications F Lebron James signing with the heat. Speculation?

All indications pointed to the Knicks yesterday, and the Cavs the day before. Sorry, not buying it. I won't believe any stories about where he's going until tonight during the special when it's official.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

One thing has become increasingly clear throughout this circus; LeBron James doesn't get it when it's comes to his image. Could anyone imagine Jordan, Magic, or Bird pulling a stunt like this?

Β 

BB52Big.jpg

Β 

Β 

Β 

One thing has become increasingly clear throughout this circus; LeBron James doesn't get it when it's comes to his image. Could anyone imagine Jordan, Magic, or Bird pulling a stunt like this?

The most astute line in that "LeBron James Is a :censored:" piece was that he cares more about the end result of being good at basketball than being good at basketball. That feels like LeBron in a nutshell. Now obviously, Michael was hardly averse to making millions of dollars, but he never so eminently put the cart before the horse. That's why one guy smashed torn hearts underfoot in the playoffs and the other guy stood around watching the clock run out.

β™« oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is goneΒ β™«

Archived