2010 LeBron James Sweepstakes

TFoA

Wouldn't surprise me if the Washington Wizards win the Draft Lottery.

We got a Prophet right here, folks!

:D

Thank you.

And now you would get John Wall with Agent 0 now. ^_^

But the most appropriate emoticon is this: (bow)

If the Wiz are smart they try to free themselves of Arenas, and make a run at Melo next year.

They can try, but since Carmelo made the mistake of not being able to opt after this season, he is probably the guy who will take the Clippers bait. While he would be closer to his Baltimore home, he is really trying to shake that "Stop Snitchin" image. Plus, LaLa has not been doing much lately and she needs to be in either LA or NYC for her career.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tonight, when he was introduced, his eyes were moving and had a look on his face which said, "How much for the redhead (Heather Cox)?"

I ran into Heather at a Hawks game earlier this season. She's the hottest sideline reporter ESPN has, in my opinion....and that includes Erin Andrews.

She's attractive, she's a redhead, she's my height (6'0"), and she loves sports....what's not to like?

Tonight, when he was introduced, his eyes were moving and had a look on his face which said, "How much for the redhead (Heather Cox)?"

I ran into Heather at a Hawks game earlier this season. She's the hottest sideline reporter ESPN has, in my opinion....and that includes Erin Andrews.

She's attractive, she's a redhead, she's my height (6'0"), and she loves sports....what's not to like?

In the last two to three years, I have started to be a "Heather Cox apologist". She was a former NCAA athlete as well (volleyball at Pacific). I don't think she has a ring either. I look for that.

So the topic of who would be active in terms of dealing before the draft came up in conversation, and I'm curious what you guys think could play out. I think Washington absolutely takes Wall, but I could see Philly trading out of the number 2 if they were given the right offer.

So the topic of who would be active in terms of dealing before the draft came up in conversation, and I'm curious what you guys think could play out. I think Washington absolutely takes Wall, but I could see Philly trading out of the number 2 if they were given the right offer.

DeMarcus Cousins is said to have weight issues, so he could not be best in a city with Tastykakes, hoagies, the cheesesteak, or the pork sandwich.

Evan Turner may be considered another Andre Iguodala, and Andre made $12M last season and is that is locked in until the 2014 season. The Sixers are full of crazy guaranteed money with no team options. Plus they ave some players which other teams really may not want.

Next year's big salaries are the following:

Eldon Brand- $16 M

Andre Iguodala- $12.3M

Sam Dalembert- $12.2M

Jason Kapono- $6.6M

Louis Williams- $5.4M

They made poor Jrue Holiday go to the NBAE Studios last night and he'll only make $1.67M next season. Overall, teams should never send players that as it more the fault of management/scouting in which a team is generally bad, not the rookie player. Send the coach or the management team which made the incorrect decisions if they have not been fired already!

There is no way in hell a reasonable mind can reconcile that statement. Seriously, dude?

Way to RTFP to see why I think that.

LOL.

A little perspective here.

The Clippers winning an NBA Title would be more like the Pirates winning the MLB Title... good for them for going from irrelevance to relevance, but that's about it.

The Pirates have won championships in modern history. The Clippers have never won anything except the occasional draft lottery. There's a big difference.

Watch out dude. There's plenty of questions marks in Clipper-land. B. Diddy possibly the best passer? Really? I think Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Tyreke Evans, Russell Westbrook, Derrick Rose, Rajon Rondo and Chauncey Billups (and anyone else I may have forgotten) would have something to say about that. Davis is good, no doubt, but he's not in the right system as he was in Golden State (bone-headed move to leave Nelson) to maximize his abilities. The man is of the same mold as Stephon Marbury and other shoot-first point guards.

According to this analysis, which defines assists as passes that increase the chance of scoring, as opposed to passes that lead to a score, Baron Davis actually is the best passer in the NBA when it comes to increasing scoring chances. Nash, Rondo, Paul, Tyreke, Westbrook, Rose, and Billups are all way far down from BD. Kidd and DWill are ranked fourth and fifth, though.

Blake Griffin hasn't played a single professional game yet... so I don't think we should be making any comparisons to anybody at this point, or we will have learned nothing from Greg Oden.

While that is true, Griffin has basically the same style of play as Amare as well as the same physical tools. Provided everything goes to plan - no more major injury probelms - he'll be on track to at least be a solid starter.

Let's not forget that the Clippers have been the worst run NBA franchise of the last 20+ years.

All the more reason for him to go to the Clippers, so he can turn the franchise around.

They're in the same conference as the Lakers, Mavericks, Jazz, Thunder, Suns, Nuggets, Spurs, Blazers who are all currently better than LAC, thus making the road to the NBA Finals extremely competitive in the western conference.

Have you considered that the addition of LeBron would make LAC better than at least most of those teams? The West is tough, but it's not so tough that LeBron couldn't lead the Clippers to the Finals with that supporting cast.

I see absolutely no reason why Lebron James would ever consider the Clippers. The Bulls, Heat, Knicks, Nets and Cavaliers all have their strengths and weaknesses, but they're all in the East, where Lebron doesn't have to do all that much to at least get to the conference finals against Orlando or Boston.

You've completely ignored the rise of the Bucks and Hawks, and with John Wall, the Wizards will be good too. The East is going to be much tougher in a couple of years.

He can't be serious. It's too :censored:-ing funny to be serious. I tried to read it with an open mind but I couldn't stop laughing and that's when I realized that making me laugh had to be the point. You'll never convince me that this place has a member not named dfwabel that is so completely out of touch with reality.

Clearly you didn't read it at all, as it's nothing that sportswriters haven't been saying about the Clippers as a destination for a while now.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

There is no way in hell a reasonable mind can reconcile that statement. Seriously, dude?

I did RTFP, it's just bat:censored: crazy talk.

We get that you're a Clippers fan, but that doesn't mean that you get to create an alternate reality where they are not just a viable option, but the only viable option.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

We get that you're a Clippers fan, but that doesn't mean that you get to create an alternate reality where they are not just a viable option, but the only viable option.

I too RTFP. It was "The Clippers just make too much sense" line that sold it for me.

BB52Big.jpg

Can I construct an alternate reality wherein James signs with the Clippers, but due the perpetual bad karma that plagues the Clips, he turns into a latter day Grant Hill?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Can I construct an alternate reality wherein James signs with the Clippers, but due the perpetual bad karma that plagues the Clips, he turns into a latter day Grant Hill?

And then Desmond has to meet up with alternate reality LeBron and convince him to go with him to Jack's son's concert?

Might that already be happening with Blake Griffin?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Prokhorov has made his first personnel decision, firing GM Kiki Vandeweghe.

Yeah, that team is going to be drastically different from this past season.

LOL.

A little perspective here.

The Clippers winning an NBA Title would be more like the Pirates winning the MLB Title... good for them for going from irrelevance to relevance, but that's about it.

The Pirates have won championships in modern history. The Clippers have never won anything except the occasional draft lottery. There's a big difference.

This either has to be a bit, or you have to have a stunning lack of self-awareness.

It's the exact same point either way, but fine, it's like the NATIONALS winning the MLB Title. A totally irrelevant team with a small fanbase doing well. Good for them. But it's not "one of the most meaningful in sports history" or any of that other diarrhea of the keyboard you were spewing last night.

If LeBron isn't staying in Cleveland and wants a championship, then it's only logical to throw out Boston, Orlando, the Lakers, and San Antonio as the only legitimate teams. I'm sorry, if he goes anywhere else and doesn't sign with Cleveland, then it isn't about a championship, it's about the money.

Accept of course the Celtics put there championship squad together in one off season. If, say, the Knicks can put together something similar, they could easily make a championship challenge. Get LeBron in and then use him to get one or two other top players in, and hey presto. The Knicks are in the top 2 or 3 teams in the east.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I think Lights Out does a ton of PCP before he posts about the Clippers, and that's okay, it's his decision, but how else do you explain "WE'LL GET LEBRON AND AND WITH BARON DAVIS WE'RE GOING TO WIN THE MOST IMPORTANT SPORTS TITLE IN THE HISTORY OF THE WOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRLLLLLD"?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

LOL, no, I've never touched a drug in my life. Am I really that crazy?

Maybe I was a little overdramatic, but as a Clippers fan, I've rarely seen anything resembling a winner in my life, and I'm too loyal to switch teams. A lot of Clipper fans seem to be coming down with the LeBron Fever, and rightfully so. He could turn this franchise around, and we have the players to win him a ring, regardless of whether or not I'm supposedly "crazy" for stating facts that sportswriters have been saying anyway.

xLmjWVv.png

LOL, no, I've never touched a drug in my life. Am I really that crazy?

Maybe I was a little overdramatic, but as a Clippers fan, I've rarely seen anything resembling a winner in my life, and I'm too loyal to switch teams. A lot of Clipper fans seem to be coming down with the LeBron Fever, and rightfully so. He could turn this franchise around, and we have the players to win him a ring, regardless of whether or not I'm supposedly "crazy" for stating facts that sportswriters have been saying anyway.

Yes, you are that crazy. Bat:censored: crazy. :P

Anyway, those aren't facts...those are opinions. Even if you agree with the opinions with all your poor little Clipper loving heart, still doesn't make them facts.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Well, yeah, some are opinions, but the parts about Baron Davis being ranked the best passer in terms of increasing scoring opportunities, and about no team having more depth to put around LeBron are facts. The Knicks, Nets, and Heat (if DWade leaves) certainly don't have anything resembling a better supporting cast than he has in Cleveland.

xLmjWVv.png

I gotta come to Lights Out's defense, at least somewhat. I agree that the Clippers are a viable option for LeBron, and just from a basketball standpoint, he fills a much-needed spot at small forward after Al Thornton was shipped out of town, along the inconsistency of Rasual Butler. I won't say that the Clippers are THE best option for LeBron, but it's damn sure better than maybe half of the options out there. Again, as a Clipper fan myself, I'm hoping that he does come out here, but my gut feeling says he's staying in the East.

I could give a flying :censored: about trying stealing the Lakers' thunder...I just want to see this Clipper team win and win consistently. Horrible franchises can't that bad forever, and Sterling won't be around forever either. The Donald's biggest problem all these is having morons in charge running this team (into the ground), and he's largely oblivious to it all.

Archived