2010 LeBron James Sweepstakes

TFoA

There is no way in hell a reasonable mind can reconcile that statement. Seriously, dude?

Way to RTFP to see why I think that.

I did RTFP, it's just bat:censored: crazy talk.

We get that you're a Clippers fan, but that doesn't mean that you get to create an alternate reality where they are not just a viable option, but the only viable option.

Can I construct an alternate reality wherein James signs with the Clippers, but due the perpetual bad karma that plagues the Clips, he turns into a latter day Grant Hill?

Might that already be happening with Blake Griffin?

Hill was a well known, very good, if not great basketball player back when he played for the Pistons and before his injury problems. Blake Griffin hasn't done that yet in the NBA

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Clippers could win 8 consecutive championships, and I guarantee that the Lakers would still be the kings of Los Angeles in media, money, and fans.

I don't care about the "loyalness" of Clipper fans, or the whole "LA loves a winner." The Lakers are bigger than all of that in LA.

One day, maybe the Clippers could rise to No. 3 on the LA sports landscape (behind the Lakers and Dodgers), but even then, they'd probably still be fighting USC football.

I admire your steadfastness about the Clippers, but you really need to get outside and walk around L.A. for a little bit, Lights Out.

Baron Davis is the one thing I'd give the Clippers, and Eric Gordon to an extent. But Griffin hasn't done a thing yet. Chris Kaman is a joke. And I honestly couldn't name another player on the Clippers. There are some legitimate reasons for LeBron to go to the Clippers, and there is a slight window of viability. LeBron would give the Clippers a higher profile, but no where near what you are suggesting.

And based on the Clippers track record and LeBron's track record, nothing says that they are going to get that championship. LeBron has been to 1 NBA Final and 2 Conference Finals, but he hasn't won anything yet. The Clippers have shown once, maybe twice, in their existence that they have been competent enough to be competitive for at the most a two-year stretch. Nothing shows me that that will change.

At the end of the day, the Clippers still are and forever will be just the same old Clippers. And I don't even think LeBron could change that.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

No chance the clippers will ever be #3 in L.A. You also have USC and the angels, also the kings ans ducks draw more than the clips. Lastly L.A. is soon to get an NFL team,the clippers are the Detroit Lions of the NBA.

No chance the clippers will ever be #3 in L.A. You also have USC and the angels, also the kings ans ducks draw more than the clips. Lastly L.A. is soon to get an NFL team,the clippers are the Detroit Lions of the NBA.

I agree with you. It was more of an "If everything went right" scenario, but even that is wishing on a far away star.

For the record, I hope he goes to the Clippers. Mainly because he'll no longer be in the East, & admit it, a Lakers/Clippers rivalry that is ACTUALLY a rivalry would be awesome. Kobe & LeBron sharing an arena, but fighting for supremacy of LA & the NBA in the same arena? I'll take that.

Basketball-wise, the Clippers fit him like a glove. No team has a better or more complete supporting cast to put around him. Baron Davis is possibly the best passer in the NBA. Blake Griffin will basically be Amare in his prime in a couple years. Chris Kaman will drain the shot pretty much every time from the post, providing he doesn't become Mr. Flippy as he often does by the end of the season... and nobody is better from the weak side than Eric Gordon. Plus, with DeAndre Jordan as an up-and-coming prospect, and the rash of veterans that will sign at minimum salary just to cling on to a winning team that could be our bench, we'd definitely be the best team in the league and possibly one of the greatest teams of all time. We also have the cap space to pay him a lot, which is a plus.

Ehhh... Watch out dude. There's plenty of questions marks in Clipper-land. B. Diddy possibly the best passer? Really? I think Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, Chris Paul, Deron Williams, Tyreke Evans, Russell Westbrook, Derrick Rose, Rajon Rondo and Chauncey Billups (and anyone else I may have forgotten) would have something to say about that. Davis is good, no doubt, but he's not in the right system as he was in Golden State (bone-headed move to leave Nelson) to maximize his abilities. The man is of the same mold as Stephon Marbury and other shoot-first point guards. Blake Griffin hasn't played a single professional game yet... so I don't think we should be making any comparisons to anybody at this point, or we will have learned nothing from Greg Oden. Chris Kaman, solid, so no beef there. Eric Gordon, solid as well. DeAndre Jordan, tons of potential, but how many of those "potential" guys actually live up to it? Let's not forget that the Clippers have been the worst run NBA franchise of the last 20+ years. They're in the same conference as the Lakers, Mavericks, Jazz, Thunder, Suns, Nuggets, Spurs, Blazers who are all currently better than LAC, thus making the road to the NBA Finals extremely competitive in the western conference. Sterling also can't offer anymore money to Lebron than he can get from other teams outside of Cleveland. I see absolutely no reason why Lebron James would ever consider the Clippers. The Bulls, Heat, Knicks, Nets and Cavaliers all have their strengths and weaknesses, but they're all in the East, where Lebron doesn't have to do all that much to at least get to the conference finals against Orlando or Boston.

Bottom line, if LeBron James cares as much about his hometown as he says he does, he'll stay A. because he doesn't want it to end the way it did in Cleveland, with a 20-point loss followed by a 30-point loss at home and one of the biggest media :censored:storms ever directed at a player because of his playoff performance (or lack thereof), and B. winning a championship in Cleveland is a free ticket to immortality. A single Clippers championship would be but a blip on the radar, unless there was something statistically dominant about it, whereas ending Cleveland's 46 year, three-sport championship drought and erasing in the memories of fans the infamous series of playoff pitfalls would be groundbreaking to the sports landscape, especially if it's led by a homegrown dude. Winning a championship for any team in Cleveland is the second best accomplishment for an athlete in sports right now, just behind winning a World Series for the Cubs. Of course winning one for the Knicks isn't very far down on the list, either.

The fairytale situation plays out like this: LeBron re-ups with the Cavs for 6 yrs, and gets very close to a title a few times, then we go through the whole free agency thing again, and he re-signs again, goes through a few more close seasons, and at age 35, announces he will retire after the season, saying that he had a great time making the highlight reel all these years and is glad that he stayed loyal to Cleveland, because the city and its fans are more important to him than his individual accomplishments. In that final season, the Cavs go through a decent season, winning 47 games, and battle through the playoffs as a 5 seed, ultimately winning a championship in LeBron's final season, ending Cleveland's 56-year drought.

That only happens in movies, though. He seems much more flaky than that.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

He is not going to the Bulls he will be compared to Jordan way to much.

This would only be a problem if he was as emotionally fragile as a 14 year old girl, or prone to massive bouts of crippling self-doubt.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

He is not going to the Bulls. He will be compared to Jordan way too much.

Gosh, if you're going to make a ridiculously stupid point, at least punctuate/check over the grammar.

I just dont get this argument. He will be compared to MJ no matter what city he plays in as long as he dominates defenses like he does. As a Chicago fan, it's not like I am going to be like, "Yay, we got Lebron, but Michael Jordan was better." Instead, I will be like, "HOLY CRAP! WE GOT LEBRON! MAYBE HE CAN END UP WINNING A TITLE!" Just a stupid point to make IMO.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

That was my gut feeling, too, but if winning is #1 priority, then going to a team with a top-tier point guard with proven playoff gamesmanship and one of the league's best young big men isn't a bad decision, especially if they can sign that long shooting guard that they need as well, like Joe Johnson.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Bottom line, if LeBron James cares as much about his hometown as he says he does, he'll stay A. because he doesn't want it to end the way it did in Cleveland, with a 20-point loss followed by a 30-point loss at home and one of the biggest media :censored:storms ever directed at a player because of his playoff performance (or lack thereof), and B. winning a championship in Cleveland is a free ticket to immortality. A single Clippers championship would be but a blip on the radar, unless there was something statistically dominant about it, whereas ending Cleveland's 46 year, three-sport championship drought and erasing in the memories of fans the infamous series of playoff pitfalls would be groundbreaking to the sports landscape, especially if it's led by a homegrown dude. Winning a championship for any team in Cleveland is the second best accomplishment for an athlete in sports right now, just behind winning a World Series for the Cubs. Of course winning one for the Knicks isn't very far down on the list, either.

I think you vastly overstate how much other people care about Cleveland.

Honestly? Once the Red Sox won a series, nothing else really compares. That was the big one, and now it's past us. Everything else is small potatoes.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I would still say the Cubs (for Americans and select Canadians) and Maple Leafs (for Canadians and select Americans) remain on the board in spite of the Red Sox. I can't imagine either one of those championships would be met with a yawn and a shrug by even the most jaded observers (not counting people who don't care about hockey in the first place on the latter). Cleveland remains small potatoes, yeah, and I don't think it's exactly as if a great weight will have been lifted from the shoulders of the world if the San Francisco Giants ever win it all, either.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The media might make some comparisons, but...Kobe and Shaq didn't have any problems being compared to Kareem, Magic, Wilt, and West as well as the current Boston trio hasn't had any problems being compared to Bird, Russell, McHale, Havlicek, Cousy, etc.

If LeBron does in fact choose the Bulls I don't believe that he will have to play under Jordan's shadow his whole career, even if he doesn't produce 6 championships. The Bulls championship teams were not won by just Jordan; Phil, Pippen and Rodman(96-98) were also key contributors to their run of the early-mid '90's. LeBron would just become the next Hall of Famer to play for the Chicago Bulls...if he does decide to play in the Windy City.

I think more of a "comparison" would be made if he(for some reason) decided to go play for the LA Clippers. He would be stepping into a city and even the same arena that is already occupied by a future Hall of Famer. He would continously be compared(imo) to Kobe and his 4 rings throughout their careers, as well as all the purple seats and banners hanging above in a place that is ALL Lakers...now there is a shadow.

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

Because the L.A. Kings own the arena. Why would they have bright red and blue seats, anyway? That would be ugly.

Actually, about 80 percent of the seats at Staples were changed purple to black about five years ago. The only purple seats left are the ones in the premium sections (the ten rows or so located directly under the first level of the luxury suites).

The Clippers could win 8 consecutive championships, and I guarantee that the Lakers would still be the kings of Los Angeles in media, money, and fans.

Eight straight championships? The Lakers (and any other team) would have to be awfully competitive during those years to even come close to a team winning eight titles in a row in media, money, and fans.

I don't care about the "loyalness" of Clipper fans, or the whole "LA loves a winner." The Lakers are bigger than all of that in LA.

Oh, really? Well, would you care to explain the mass exodus of Lakers fans to Clipper Nation in 2006 back when we went further than the Lakers in the playoffs? Doesn't sound like the Lakers were bigger than the Clips then. The Lakers have the bling, but the Clippers are the feel-good story when they're winning.

One day, maybe the Clippers could rise to No. 3 on the LA sports landscape (behind the Lakers and Dodgers), but even then, they'd probably still be fighting USC football.

Sorry, wrong again. There's no way a collegiate team would ever beat out a winning pro team in cachet and marketing, unless they're like, Florida Gators good with a crapload of tradition.

Baron Davis is the one thing I'd give the Clippers, and Eric Gordon to an extent. But Griffin hasn't done a thing yet. Chris Kaman is a joke.

Chris Kaman was a Western Conference all-star this year - not exactly a joke. As for Griffin, he got injured, sure. But based on all we've seen of him - his college days, summer league, and preseason - he appears to be a very physical player similar to Amare's style of play. If his work ethic stays high (and I'm sure it will - he seems like a very motivated guy), then he has the potential to be the next Amare.

And I honestly couldn't name another player on the Clippers.

Then why in the world would you start an argument with a Clippers fan? Seems a little arrogant of you to dismiss the Clippers as being completely irrelevant and unable to surpass the Lakers in popularity, and then turn around and say you know almost nothing about the Clippers.

Then again, you are a Lakers fan. :P

There are some legitimate reasons for LeBron to go to the Clippers, and there is a slight window of viability. LeBron would give the Clippers a higher profile, but no where near what you are suggesting.

You really don't think a Clippers championship would be a major occurrence in sports? We're talking about a team that has been to the playoffs six times ever, that has been a punchline for most of its existence, that was once named "The Worst Franchise in Sports" on the cover of Sports Illustrated. This is a franchise that, despite its major steps in the right direction over the past decade or so (trading for Brand, building the new training facility, drafting Thornton, signing BD, drafting Blake Griffin), continues to be dismissed with those dreaded, unimaginative, annoying three words: "It's the Clippers."

A championship would not only erase all that, it would be the ultimate worst-to-first story. No franchise has ever been dragged through more mud repeatedly than the Los Angeles Clippers.

And based on the Clippers track record and LeBron's track record, nothing says that they are going to get that championship. LeBron has been to 1 NBA Final and 2 Conference Finals, but he hasn't won anything yet.

That has more to do with his perennial joke of a supporting cast and lack of a strong leader as coach than anything about LeBron himself. If he finally had a good cast of players around him - which he would in LA - that team would be unstoppable. The Clippers with LeBron would at least be in the Western Conference Finals, come on now.

The Clippers have shown once, maybe twice, in their existence that they have been competent enough to be competitive for at the most a two-year stretch. Nothing shows me that that will change.

If you don't think signing the best basketball player in the world right now would turn this franchise around, you're clearly delusional.

At the end of the day, the Clippers still are and forever will be just the same old Clippers.

:rolleyes:

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

- I was using hyperbole. It's an argument technique

- I can assume you too enjoy a good hyperbole. There was no "mass exodus" more than the "oh, that's cute. The Clippers are finally winning? Good for them." As far as Staples filling up for playoff games, well duh. The Sparks could sell out a playoff game. Hell, when the Avengers existed they could fill Staples in a playoff game. And I don't know why Clipper fans promote this "Clipper Nation" when it isn't much more than "Clipper village." Would it be nice to see the Clippers win something? Maybe. But I can assure you I was no where near this "mass exodus."

- When talking collegiate teams in the terms of USC Football, it has passed winning sports teams in the LA area. Even a 9-3 USC team gets more press than a winning Ducks, Kings, Angels, or Clippers team. I'm starting to doubt that you live anywhere outside of your Clipper Village, let alone the greater LA area.

- And whatever, good for Chris Kaman. I know that his 4 points and 3 rebounds in that game were just huge contributions in his 2nd to last 10 minutes of time in his ONE appearance as an All-Star in his 7 years of NBA service. I meant to say he's more of a joke because he looks like an inbred cave man (and don't try to use Pau as a combat to this. I can admit he looks goofy). But of course, every team game plans around how to shut down the imposing force that is Chris Kaman.

- I do know some about the Clippers, but I was more proving their irrelevance, that was my point. As someone that lives in SoCal and reads every article in my newspaper each day, I can't name anyone outside of the Clippers Top 4 players, and one of those players didn't even play all season. I was proving their overall irrelevancy and suckitude. And yeah to a point I say this because I am a Lakers fan, and that allows me to keep the Clippers down.

- IF the Clippers ever won, it would be a major event year. But I never said anything about that, because I don't think LeBron could get them a championship. I was purely saying that the Clippers would get immensely better, but they would still never win anything. They would be important for the longest time in their existence, but LeBron would just eventually leave a long suffering fan base to a city where he thinks he would be better off, just like he is about to do now. LeBron himself would be better off in LA, but he isn't going to have any more team success than he has right now unless he went down the hall and put on the Purple and Gold.

- Major steps to improvement? Trading Brand away? He was the Clippers best player. Had he stuck around, he might not even have sucked like he did this year in Philly and maybe the Clippers would be higher on this road to golden success that you think they are. A shiny new practice facility? Good for them. Drafting Thornton? I still want to know who the hell this guys is.

- You say that LeBron's perrenial joke of a supporting cast and lack of a strong leader at coach, but do the Clippers really have that more than Cleveland did? Better point guard, sure. Big Z/Varajao = Chris Kaman. Griffin is still a question mark. And Eric Gordon is going to get less and less touches if LeBron was there. And what all-seeing, all-knowing, leader of men do the Clippers have behind the bench? Nobody.

- Signing the best basketball player in the world? You know Kobe signed a new deal with the Lakers right :P , and just because they have LeBron doesn't mean that they could be consistently competitive. Yeah it gives them a better shot, but look at the Allen Iverson 76ers. One Finals apperance yeah. But even when AI was scoring 50 consistently, they weren't the most competitive of teams.

- And yeah keep rolling your eyes at the statement that they are the Clippers. Until they ever have anything substantial to prove to anyone that they aren't just the same old Clippers. You can put away your "roll eyes" emoticon, because you won't be able to use it. You can't be smug about success you don't have yet or may never have. Because guess what? IT IS THE CLIPPERS.

Step away from the punch bowl dude, seriously.

- I can assume you too enjoy a good hyperbole. There was no "mass exodus" more than the "oh, that's cute. The Clippers are finally winning? Good for them." As far as Staples filling up for playoff games, well duh. The Sparks could sell out a playoff game. Hell, when the Avengers existed they could fill Staples in a playoff game. And I don't know why Clipper fans promote this "Clipper Nation" when it isn't much more than "Clipper village." Would it be nice to see the Clippers win something? Maybe. But I can assure you I was no where near this "mass exodus."

"True" Laker fans would never fill up Staples for a rival's playoff games, and would never wear their rival's jerseys. But that's exactly what a lot of Laker fans were doing that year. Just face it, Lakers fans for the most part just like to bandwagon on to a winning team. There's a reason that the Clippers have a reputation of having a smart, stat-focused fanbase, while Lakers fans are seen more as casual basketball fans.

- When talking collegiate teams in the terms of USC Football, it has passed winning sports teams in the LA area. Even a 9-3 USC team gets more press than a winning Ducks, Kings, Angels, or Clippers team. I'm starting to doubt that you live anywhere outside of your Clipper Village, let alone the greater LA area.

Considering I'm not a USC fan, I don't know nor do I give a crap about what goes on with the program. I guarantee they don't get as much press as an SEC program, though. Also, when did I ever say I lived in LA? I don't actually, I don't even live in California, but I just like the Clippers.

- And whatever, good for Chris Kaman. I know that his 4 points and 3 rebounds in that game were just huge contributions in his 2nd to last 10 minutes of time in his ONE appearance as an All-Star in his 7 years of NBA service.

My point is, that one All-Star appearance was this season. Therefore, you can't call him a joke this season. Keep in mind, he was also a major component of that 2006 playoff run as well. By the way, who gives a crap about All-Star Game stats? It's a fun event. If it was a game worth arguing about, everyone would have actually played defense.

I meant to say he's more of a joke because he looks like an inbred cave man (and don't try to use Pau as a combat to this. I can admit he looks goofy).

True, both Kaman and Pau look like rejects from the Geico cavemen commercials. But I don't see how that affects how either of them play.

But of course, every team game plans around how to shut down the imposing force that is Chris Kaman.

When his attention span is on point (which is not every night) he can be an imposing force. He is a far better player than people give him credit for. If he stayed attentive all season, he just might be one of the best centers in the league.

- I do know some about the Clippers, but I was more proving their irrelevance, that was my point. As someone that lives in SoCal and reads every article in my newspaper each day, I can't name anyone outside of the Clippers Top 4 players, and one of those players didn't even play all season.

For someone who thinks the Clippers are irrelevant, you sure are dedicating a lot of words (mostly untrue insults) to them. Seems like they're a little more relevant to you than you'd like to admit.

And yeah to a point I say this because I am a Lakers fan, and that allows me to keep the Clippers down.

And that right there is a textbook example of the stereotype of the arrogant Lakers fan. Only a Lakers fan would say something like that last sentence. Wow.

- IF the Clippers ever won, it would be a major event year. But I never said anything about that, because I don't think LeBron could get them a championship. I was purely saying that the Clippers would get immensely better, but they would still never win anything.

How do you know we would never win anything? Because you're a Lakers fan, so that means they won't win because you say it to be true? :rolleyes:

They would be important for the longest time in their existence, but LeBron would just eventually leave a long suffering fan base to a city where he thinks he would be better off, just like he is about to do now. LeBron himself would be better off in LA, but he isn't going to have any more team success than he has right now unless he went down the hall and put on the Purple and Gold.

The only way he puts on the purple and gold (hint: it's technically called the Forum Blue and gold) is if the NBA allows the Lakers to play with two basketballs - one for LeBron and one for Kobe. And besides, Kobe would probably drive LeBron out of town just like he did with Shaq.

---I have to stop quoting now.---

-I said trading for Brand, not trading him away. Trading for Brand brought us to the playoffs. By the way, we didn't trade him away. He stabbed the team in the back by agreeing to re-sign if the Clippers got Baron Davis, and then turned around and signed with Philly instead.

-While that may be true, it's not the Clippers' fault he pulled that crap.

-A new practice facility is a big deal, considering they previously used a public sports club.

-Not even close - Kaman is better than the mediocre Varajao or painfully-old Big Z.

-Griffin would immediately jump in as a great physical energy player and half of the devastating James/Griffin pick-and-roll combo. Eric Gordon will still get a lot of touches from the weak side when LeBron's under heavy pressure. As for the coach, we're in the market for a coach and the Clips could even let LeBron choose their coach.

-Kobe is not as good as LeBron anymore. Much older than LeBron, and he feels the need to pull the occasional selfish, "I'm gonna pass the ball instead of shoot, look at how bad my teammates are, this team would be nowhere without me" game during the playoffs. He also wouldn't have nearly as many rings without Shaq, Pau, or the myriad questionably-officiated Lakers playoff series over the past few years.

-That's more attitude problems than anything else.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Considering I'm not a USC fan, I don't know nor do I give a crap about what goes on with the program. I guarantee they don't get as much press as an SEC program, though. Also, when did I ever say I lived in LA? I don't actually, I don't even live in California, but I just like the Clippers.

So you were trying to argue with me about the Clippers space in the LA sports landscape, yet you don't even live here. I think that takes away your credibility about what goes on in the stands at Staples. This also debunks your next comment I quote, because if you're not here how do you even know what the actual fanbases are like? You just happen to like the Clippers? You have all of these opinions about people and fan bases that you aren't near the heart of? Okay.

"True" Laker fans would never fill up Staples for a rival's playoff games, and would never wear their rival's jerseys. But that's exactly what a lot of Laker fans were doing that year. Just face it, Lakers fans for the most part just like to bandwagon on to a winning team. There's a reason that the Clippers have a reputation of having a smart, stat-focused fanbase, while Lakers fans are seen more as casual basketball fans.

You really really really don't live here then. If you're not here and you don't go to games on a regular basis or interact with the general populous of these fanbases, then why is your opinion any better than mine?

For someone who thinks the Clippers are irrelevant, you sure are dedicating a lot of words (mostly untrue insults) to them. Seems like they're a little more relevant to you than you'd like to admit.

They're relevant as a joke around the SoCal landscape, again something you are adimitedly not a part of. And you are finally right about one thing, This is a little too much for the Clippers to ever have said about them, so I think I'm just gonna let it be. You live in your out-of-state Clippers fan bubble that is just stubbornly and delusionally impenetrable. Enjoy the eternal suck that is the Clippers. Good day.

Also, I know it's freaking Forum Blue and Gold. But I chose to abstain from the technicality of it, to try and take an edge off the whole "arrogant Laker fan" thing you are just spraying around. I don't need to be snooty about what it's called. I have the jersey, I have the shirts. It's purple.

Archived