2010 LeBron James Sweepstakes

TFoA

Cleveland is so desperate to keep LeBron, they're gonna give him the keys to the car and basically allow him handpick his own head coach AND general manager if he re-inks.

The already have a new GM in place:

"Chris Grant, whom Danny worked in partnership with for his entire five years leading the Cavaliers front office, [will] succeed Danny as the Cleveland Cavaliers new general manager"

So they must think that James has a good relationship with Grant?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://espn.go.com/nba/features/freeagentslotmachine

This is hilarious to play with, and see all of the potentially deadly combinations that are actually possible

Tried it ten times and all ten times Dirk Nowitzki stayed in Dallas. Eight out of ten times for LeBron staying in Cleveland (One spin had him joining Dirk in Dallas... Not going to happen).

This is hilarious to play with, and see all of the potentially deadly combinations that are actually possible

Tried it ten times and all ten times Dirk Nowitzki stayed in Dallas. Eight out of ten times for LeBron staying in Cleveland (One spin had him joining Dirk in Dallas... Not going to happen).

JACKPOT! I just got LeBron, D-Wade and Boozer all signing with Miami. B)

6uXNWAo.png

JACKPOT! I just got LeBeon, D-Wade and Boozer all signing with Miami. B)

I just got Lebron, Wade, and Amare signing with Miami, and Chris Bosh signing with the Lakers.

IUe6Hvh.png

Cleveland is so desperate to keep LeBron, they're gonna give him the keys to the car and basically allow him handpick his own head coach AND general manager if he re-inks.

The already have a new GM in place:

"Chris Grant, whom Danny worked in partnership with for his entire five years leading the Cavaliers front office, [will] succeed Danny as the Cleveland Cavaliers new general manager"

So they must think that James has a good relationship with Grant?

After reading his bio on cavs.com, Gilbert will be the GM with Grant as "the cap guy", and former Longhorn great Lance Blanks as the "player personnel guy". The role of Worldwide Wes is TBD when LeBron comes back.

(The 2007 GQ article on Wes is also interesting.)

From Grant's bio:

Grant joined the Cavaliers as assistant general manager on July 9th, 2005. As assistant general manager/vice president of basketball operations, Grant worked closely with the General Manager on all basketball operations and front office elements, including the draft, trades, free agency and player contracts, as well as overseeing the domestic and international scouting programs. Grant also spearheaded the design and construction of the Cavaliers? state-of-the-art player development center, Cleveland Clinic Courts, which opened at the start of the 2007 season.

Prior to joining the Cavaliers, Grant spent the previous nine seasons with the Atlanta Hawks where he was promoted in 2004 to the position of vice president of basketball operations and assistant general manager. In his nine years with the Hawks, Grant held several different positions including advance scout, assistant director of scouting, director of scouting and vice president/assistant general manager.

I just got Lebron, Wade, and Amare signing with Miami, and Chris Bosh signing with the Lakers.

Bosh to the Lakers?? That team would go 82-0!

6uXNWAo.png

Cavs are shopping Mo Williams and Delonte West apparently. I guess Cleveland is trying to show LBJ that they're still trying to retool and put a contender around him, but I can't imagine anybody is going to give them much for either player.

Assuming the Cavs lose out on Lebron, what kind of team do they have next year? They have some talent, but are they a playoff team?

Bosh to the Lakers?? That team would go 82-0!

and they still get squashed by the celtics in the finals.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Latest rumor I have heard is Mo Williams for Jose Calderon. I also heard that the Kings like Mo Williams because of his score first mentality, and defense isn't payed out west, as much.

Also, since Collison is p for grabs by the Hornets, I wouldn't be surprised if the Cavs try to work a deal. The stipulation is that New Orleans wants to unload one of the bigger contracts like Peja, Posey, or Okafor.

If I am the Cavs, I try to offer Mo Williams and possibly JJ Hickson to the Kings for the #5 pick. Could have potential because the Kings come out with young talent and a scorer to move Evans to the 2, which they want to do. Gives Cavs the option to draft a young PF or SG.

Then try to work Delonte West for Collison/Okafor. Chances are, Delonte gets bought out because of his contract clause saying that if he is waived by a certain date, it only costs $500,000.

It leaves the option to resign him with some MLE money. It answers a few concerns the Cavs would have with find a young point guard that can keep up with the Roses, Rondos, and Nelsons of the east. Gives a long term center option in Okafor who can guard the Perkins' and Howards of the world.

The only problem is how big Okafor's contract is pretty big over the next 5 years. But, considering Gilberts mentality of money ain't a thing, I don't see him willing to fork out the cash.

If they draft a PF... they have a year to groom him with Jamison, Varejao, and Okafor. They also maintain trade possibilities with Parker and Telfair expiring contracts in the 10/11 season.

If the Cavs can get rid of Mo Williams and Daniel Gibson, I call it a good offseason.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

What if you get rid of James?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

This is rich.

Cavs fans, if Woodson somehow gets the job, and LeBron stays...expect NOTHING to change. If you thought Mike Brown's version of Iso LeBron was bad...wait til Woody gets a hold of him.

Seriously, if I were a Cav fan, I'd be hoping like crazy to get either Scott or Izzo. You do NOT want Woodson.

Yeah... Woodson is scary.

Here is something I don't understand... and I am hoping you guys help me with this... Cleveland Cavaliers do EVERYTHING in their power to build a championship team... and LeBron is 50/50 gone. Miami Heat all but abandon Dwayne Wade, and he is going to resign, no questions asked.

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Miami lifestyle > Cleveland lifestyle?

Ya know... I would accept that answer... if both LeBron and Wade didn't constantly talk about winning MULTIPLE championships.

Miami lifestyle > Cleveland lifestyle?

Ya know... I would accept that answer... if both LeBron and Wade didn't constantly talk about winning MULTIPLE championships.

We've got no clue on what they have talked about. Florida has no state income tax, Ohio and Illinois do. Wade is in a messy divorce, James is not.

The Heat currently have someone with "skins on the wall" in Pat Riley. Who do the Cavs have?

If CLE makes a sign and trade, CLE must get him out of the East and get prime talent for their next coach. As for Izzo, he is a great college coach, but he will do this for a money grab. Calipari got the Nets to the playoffs, but there is not a "college" only coach who has had success with an NBA team in 2 generations. Larry Brown was in the ABA before moving to UCLA and Kansas.

Archived