2010 LeBron James Sweepstakes

TFoA

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ESPN saying it's official: Carmelo is going to wait on LeBron before signing anywhere. Duh.

And that doesn't really make sense because none of the teams pursuing James are in the Carmelo sweepstakes. I think it's just that Carmelo knows the news of his signing will be overshadowed by everyone waiting to hear where Lebron goes.

Maybe he doesn't want to compete against him, so he'll sign in the west if Lebron signs in the East, etc.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

ESPN saying it's official: Carmelo is going to wait on LeBron before signing anywhere. Duh.

And that doesn't really make sense because none of the teams pursuing James are in the Carmelo sweepstakes. I think it's just that Carmelo knows the news of his signing will be overshadowed by everyone waiting to hear where Lebron goes.

Allegedly Carmelo and Phil Jackson were desperately trying to sell LeBron on the Knicks, but Carmelo would also sign with Miami if LeBron signs at the expense of Bosh.

I'm wondering if LeBron (or his agent I guess) told the Cavs he'd come back if they gave him a max deal. At least one would hope that's what happened, if they're just gonna start dumping players.

LeBron basically told every team he wants a maximum contract. I think the Cavs are basically showing him with their actions today that they're willing to do whatever it takes to rebuild that bridge and make him the king of the city again.

----------

Hearing that the LeBron/Riley meeting in Vegas begins at 2pm Vegas time and the conference room at the hotel was reserved for the entire day after that. All rumor, no fact.

---------

Woj tweets that LeBron reached out to 2 free agents last week about joining him if he left Miami, Mike Miller being one of them.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

That LeBron/Shield .gif might be better than the LeBron/nWo .gif.

Also, what if LeBron went to Cleveland and Melo went to Miami with Wade and Bosh? Crazy.

Also, what if LeBron went to Cleveland and Melo went to Miami with Wade and Bosh? Crazy.

If LeBron goes to Cleveland, Melo will probably go to LA or New York. It's all about La-La.

Plus if he goes to the Lakers, whoever has Love this season probably will only have him for a rental before he goes home to play for the Lakers. Carmelo could get a season of playing with Old Kobe but could be playing next to Love in 2015. Apparently Bosh isn't in love with Houston because of it's proximity to his hometown of Dallas but it's still far enough away that he's able to compromise. Wade is irrelevant.

-----

Speaking of Wade, he will join Riley, Spoelstra, and Arison at the LeBron meeting today in Vegas which is set to begin in just under 30 minutes. By dinnertime or sooner we'll probably start getting official leaks.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Replacing Lebron with Carmelo would work about as well as replacing Rodney Dangerfield with Jackie Mason in Caddyshack 2.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Cleveland never learns. The Cavs are unloading their entire roster so they can clear cap space for James, but what if James breaks their hearts again and doesn't sign in Cleveland? What are they left with? It seems extremely ironic to me that the Cavaliers are going all or nothing for LeBron, the man who is famous for his first "Decision", after the entire city hated him after he shat on Cleveland four years ago. Who's to say that his second "decision" won't devastate Cleveland even more so than the first time?

Exactly. In 2010 we only lost Lebron. Now we could potentially lose 4 (Wiggins, Jack, Zeller and Karasev) and get nothing in return but a one-year rental in Love. Not worth it at all.

Stupid all around.

Cleveland never learns. The Cavs are unloading their entire roster so they can clear cap space for James, but what if James breaks their hearts again and doesn't sign in Cleveland? What are they left with? It seems extremely ironic to me that the Cavaliers are going all or nothing for LeBron, the man who is famous for his first "Decision", after the entire city hated him after he shat on Cleveland four years ago. Who's to say that his second "decision" won't devastate Cleveland even more so than the first time?

I think they have to throw everything at Lebron. What other chance do they have to lure a top tier guy to Cleveland? Chance of letdown or not, I think you have to go for it.

IUe6Hvh.png

Normally, I'd say a team doesn't make the moves the Cavs are making unless they're pretty damned sure it's going to work. But this is Cleveland we're talking about.

Anyone else think that Lebron is just teasing the Cavs and that he is about to deliver a giant :censored: you and a wow do you look stupid to Dan Gilbert?

BB52Big.jpg

Anyone else think that Lebron is just teasing the Cavs and that he is about to deliver a giant :censored: you and a wow do you look stupid to Dan Gilbert?

I've been saying this for months.

I still feel like he's ending up in Miami, regardless of whats being "speculated."

I still feel like he's ending up in Miami, regardless of whats being "speculated."

Same here.

BB52Big.jpg

The trade makes sense for the Cavs irrespective of whether or not LeBron signs with them or doesn't. They're still sitting on three first-round picks for next year and that 2016 pick should be in the latter third of the first round.

Plus, they'll be making a run at a couple of other guysAriza and Parsons most notablyif LeBron doesn't sign, so the cap space still works in that regard.

If LeBron comes? Awesome. If not? Still coolthe Cavs are set to be title contenders in a couple of years anyways. It's a lot more fun this time around.

6fQjS3M.png

Months ago, Miami looked like the sure choice. Things changed. The Finals was an embarrassment, Wade looked done as a great player in that series, and no significant upgrades have occurred.

Two things give me hope: 1) the Heat still seem better able to win now. The Cavs are better set up for the longer run, but LeBron doesn't have many years left of being the best player in the league. 2) Dan Gilbert still owns the Cavs. Maybe the best thing Riley can do in this meeting is read the letter out loud.

Smart Cavs fans are bracing for disappointment. I guess Cleveland fandom makes them well prepared for that. I've always thought LeBron would go back, but I thought it'd be closer to retirement. They're in a better position than I ever expected them to be. All the "coming home" sentimental stuff is laughable. He's choosing the best place for him to win, not following some narrative about redemption.

PJU85JF.png

Exactly. In 2010 we only lost Lebron. Now we could potentially lose 4 (Wiggins, Jack, Zeller and Karasev) and get nothing in return but a one-year rental in Love. Not worth it at all.

Stupid all around.

Part of me thinks that they have to go for this. The biggest loss would be Wiggins for Love, who would never stick around without LeBron. That would be a tough pill to swallow, but the rest, eh? Their best players are still around.

It's difficult to imagine the Cleveland Cavaliers ever winning a title without LeBron. What they need is to be able to make the Wiggins trade after LeBron is signed (but LeBron probably does not want any uncertainty). If they could not risk giving up Wiggins for nothing (outside of sign-and-trade bait), then I think they pretty much have to try this.

I almost wonder whether their Wiggins offer means they have LeBron in place, pending getting Love.

I still think the smart money's on Miami, but I'm starting to waver. Bosh is testing the waters, Wade's body seems to be breaking down, and Love and Irving are a younger group...remember, Love can be a superstar (when healthy). Even without him, LeBron's Cavs have to be favored in the east.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Months ago, Miami looked like the sure choice. Things changed. The Finals was an embarrassment, Wade looked done as a great player in that series, and no significant upgrades have occurred.

Two things give me hope: 1) the Heat still seem better able to win now. The Cavs are better set up for the longer run, but LeBron doesn't have many years left of being the best player in the league. 2) Dan Gilbert still owns the Cavs. Maybe the best thing Riley can do in this meeting is read the letter out loud.

Smart Cavs fans are bracing for disappointment. I guess Cleveland fandom makes them well prepared for that. I've always thought LeBron would go back, but I thought it'd be closer to retirement. They're in a better position than I ever expected them to be. All the "coming home" sentimental stuff is laughable. He's choosing the best place for him to win, not following some narrative about redemption.

You think with the roster as it stands, Cleveland would even be an option if it wasn't at least a little bit about him going home? It's a roster that, with Lebron, can win a weak East, but damn near any roster with Lebron could win the weak East and the rest of them aren't Cleveland.

IUe6Hvh.png

To me Miami is done

They have 3 guys under contract being Norris cole, granger, and that other guy they signed

Have 4 million dollars less cap room because of salary cap violations

Even if they got the big three back they they wouldn't have anything that would resemble a team around them to make even a deep playoff run never mind championships

The cabs are his best bet because they have the cap room and have a complete team to go around him, and is having guys who he is comfortable with playing with him(varajo, Irving, Allen, miller, ect)

CreepNews2014: Hearing LeBron's wife and kids were spotted at the Cleveland airport just a bit ago.

twitter

Archived